Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just saw where an earlier post on the same subject is in the rumor forum...feel free to nuke this baby mods.....

METALLICA's Ulrich, Hammett To (Allegedly) Collaborate With VAN HALEN's Roth - Jan. 15, 2002

According to top Danish web site Jubii Rock and the official web site of VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett, producer Bob Rock and Roth are collaborating on one or more tracks for an upcoming movie soundtrack at Los Angeles' Henson Studios. MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5 is also said to be involved in the recording process, although it's unclear in what capacity. To view the original Jubii Rock article in Danish, click here. David Lee Roth's official web site can be accessed at this location.
    www.davidleeroth.com

[ January 16, 2002 at 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Dennis ]

[ January 16, 2002 at 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Dennis ]</p>
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is a gross distortion.

Dave commented in a recent interview that he was hanging out with Bob Rock at Henson studios and that Rock was playing him the new Lawsuitallica stuff. Dave didn't even actually say he was working with Rock at the moment, much less Kirk Hammet and that lawsuit happy asswipe Lars.

As for Marilyn Manson's homosexual lover John Lowery, any DLR recordings issued with him playing on them would probably be left over from the last album.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I read it as Dave playing them his new material, not the other way around, FORD.

Either way, it doesn't change the situation. It's amazing to me how so many people can see the names, and somehow read that to mean that they're working together.

Dave was simply dropping names of people who had studio time booked at the same place he did. Nothing more to it.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    Yep, bogus rumor #2015. No way Hetfield would work with Dave. Too much ego there.

Rock On
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not too mention that Metallica have their own careers to salvage at the moment...
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Didn't Dave's website say that they (Met. + co.) were involved in the project????

And I hope we hear some brand new material from DLR w/John Lowery, not DLR BAND cuts that didn't make it!
    "So who died and made YOU David Lee Roth???"

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

maybe Dave and the VH boys are working somewhere else besides 5150 this time around? A more neutral location?
    Or Dave is doing the vocals seperately from the music?

WHO THE FUCK REALLY KNOWS?! I am just getting more sick about this by the day!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Master Joe:
    Didn't Dave's website say that they (Met. + co.) were involved in the project????<hr></blockquote>

Nope. Their names are on there, but not as being involved in the project. Dave describes it as "real rock" in the vein of Metallica. Which'd make me puke if it's true.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I could be wrong, but didnt Dave "dog" Metallica in one of those H. Stern interviews ?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.21.13 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:

Dave commented in a recent interview that he was hanging out with Bob Rock at Henson studios and that Rock was playing him the new Lawsuitallica stuff. Dave didn't even actually say he was working with Rock at the moment, much less Kirk Hammet and that lawsuit happy asswipe Lars.

As for Marilyn Manson's homosexual lover John Lowery, any DLR recordings issued with him playing on them would probably be left over from the last album.
    <hr></blockquote>

FORD, you might want to pop over to Dave's site and have a read. Here's a quote:

Evidently, Big Daddy has been banging out multi-track larceny in the smokin' hot "real rock" category that has seen the likes of mega producer Bob Rock, Metallica alumni Kirk Hemmett [sic] and Lars Ulrich, Joe Cocker, Grammy winning producers Bob Marlette, Nile Rogers [sic] and many others in and out of those, we hear, very late night sessions. With the music provided by John 6 (Marilyn Manson) and others...

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya, they were in and out of the sessions listening to the tracks. The music was provided by Manson's butt buddy.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Man I hope Metallica doesn't bring Dave down with them. Fucking idiots
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    Man I hope Metallica doesn't bring Dave down with them. Fucking idiots<hr></blockquote>

Actually they are probably on a level playing field.
    Metallica burnt their bridge with the whole Napster thing.
    And Dave, well lets say that he hasn't been burning up the charts since the late 80's.

Van Halen needs Dave.
    Dave needs Van Halen.

Metallica needs to shut the fuck up and get back to their Master of Puppets days.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:

<hr></blockquote>

from what i understand, John 5 is working and recording with DLR...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VHND:

FORD, you might want to pop over to Dave's site and have a read. Here's a quote:

Evidently, Big Daddy has been banging out multi-track larceny in the smokin' hot "real rock" category that has seen the likes of mega producer Bob Rock, Metallica alumni Kirk Hemmett [sic] and Lars Ulrich, Joe Cocker, Grammy winning producers Bob Marlette, Nile Rogers [sic] and many others in and out of those, we hear, very late night sessions. With the music provided by John 6 (Marilyn Manson) and others...
    <hr></blockquote>

Ummmmmm looking at this can be interrpreted in many ways, it's obvious John 5 is recording with DLR, and perhaps there are "guest appearances" on the album and DVD also from the Metallica boys....