Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

1. "See ya next year" from his NAMM video (Jan 2001)
    2. "I'll not get into details about my cancer until I've beaten it completely" from his interview in Maximum Golf this year.

Seems to me he was giving us a timeline for events to come.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think that at the time of the NAMM video Eddie believed he really would see us "next year" but things just didn't work out.

I don't believe that his health is the reason why things haven't moved forward, but that's just me. My guess is that this has been nothing more than a battle of egos between Eddie and Dave. There will be no winner, in which case the fans become the losers...

By the way, welcome to VHForums. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

The "see ya next year" quote was made in 2001, its still 2001 going on to 2002 in a few days. I think he meant that he will see them at NAMM 2002 in person.

I also belive that he will go more into detail about his cancer battle when he has beaten it ( which I have heard he has).
    But why kid yourself and your fans until you have fought off the disease? Look at George Harrison for example, he was putting out releases downgrading his condition. Then it is reported that he is on death's doorstep.
    The only thing we heard regardings Ed is that he is "beating cancer and hopes to be cancer free real soon" by the man himself. Then Val said something like "he is doing fine and is not dying" when she was on Regis last summer.
    We saw alot of Val last summer either on Regis as a co-host or on the "Millionaire" show. It was mainly IMO to get herself re-recognized to the public after some time away from TV to promote her new gig on Touched By an Angel.

And its not like He was in a cave all year either.
    He was spotted at a Britney Spears show, at a golf tournement, an Nsync show, a movie premiere, with Val at "Live with Regis and Kelly" and most recently at Styx's Holiday Party.
    But where has Alex been? That could be the real missing link to the Van Halen Saga.

[ December 27, 2001 at 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]</p>
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I agree that the statement "see ya next year" was intended for the NAMM show, which he may or may not be at.

The cancer is anyones guess, but he must be doing better if he was at the STYX gathering. He looked "okay" to me.

The Alex mystery continues though. Who knows where he has been ?!

What a shame......

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Yeah, it's kinda weird...other than the '98 batch of shows with Gary and the boys, we haven't seen or heard from Al since the infamous "he better be wearing a cup" video!

Although, Al isn't really much of a media darling, is he? Maybe he's just content to lay low and chill at 5150. Who knows?

Gut feeling...VH is going to tell all in 2002...perhaps with the reopening of the Dome.

(snaps fingers) That's it!! Al is looking to become the new webmaster at the Dome and he's had to go away and learn how computers work!
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Like most Eddie statements they might be relevant to his own personal reality of the day, but are almost entirely irrelevant to anything else beyond that.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Actually, Al did say a little bit about the remasters back in 2000:

"I agree with Gregg (Geller, Warner Bros. Records VP of A&R) that the albums should come out as they did originally. If you start tinkering with it and start to repackage it, then the next thing you know, you're re-recording stuff. Where do you stop? I like that there's nothing extra on our records. They become different animals if there's more stuff on it."

"This isn't just about the liner notes. The picture you paint sonically is a record of your life. I can really tell a difference."
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Cheerio Dan Halen! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I forgot all about this quote. Good job! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    I agree that the statement "see ya next year" was intended for the NAMM show, which he may or may not be at.

The cancer is anyones guess, but he must be doing better if he was at the STYX gathering. He looked "okay" to me.

The Alex mystery continues though. Who knows where he has been ?!

What a shame......
    <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but the picture doesn't mean that much to me. I have a picture of George Harrison taken some months prior to his death, and he also looks good. The man was dying, but he sure didn't look like it. I'm not saying this proves Eddie is at death's door...I'm just saying that Eddie probably isn't home free just because he look okay in that picture.

Still, I think if the situation were worse, Valerie wouldn't be doing those appearances and Dave would be saying something more concrete.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would not take literally any statements made by any members of Van Halen... Although I believe they are anxious to get things going, I do not think they have any concrete plans, at least by way of comments made in recent months. For example, consider Mike's comments made recently and those he made at NAMM nearly a year ago! They are inconsistant. Therefore, nothing can be concretely infered by his comments. The same holds true with all other band member's comments!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Alex has never been one to be seen going public much, at least without the other members of the band. At least I'v never seen too many pix of him out alone or just with his immediate family. He might do an occasional interview with a drumming magazine or the Inside, but mainly interviews, printed and on film, were done mostly with the rest of the band, as well as public appearances. I don't know much about Al's NAMM track record.
    I imagine he's just a very private person, with a very small inner circle, and when you add the celebrity factor to the equation, that makes for little if any visibility for Al, especially when the band is laying low as a collective.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

This is a good topic for the VH Opinions forum. I'm moving it there now. [img]graemlins/santa.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!