Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

It seems like this thing will actually be happening after all. Check out the official journey site's message board and there is someone there who really is Dean Catronovo's sister and she posted in a Planet Us topic that Dean left the other day to write songs with Neal, Sammy and Mike. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I guess the wait for VH will now grow even longer. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

As if we hadnīt have enough bad news in all those years. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    And just when we thought we see the light at the end of the tunnel (more Ed appearences than the last 4 years together) there is another smack in the face. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    And for all of you, who will state that this must mean that Dave is back, keep in mind that Mike is also involved in that fucking project.

How many does a fan have to bear?
    How many, how many say I

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 983 Times in 396 Posts

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    It seems like this thing will actually be happening after all. Check out the official journey site's message board and there is someone there who really is Dean Catronovo's sister and she posted in a Planet Us topic that Dean left the other day to write songs with Neal, Sammy and Mike. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I guess the wait for VH will now grow even longer. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    if it's on a message board then it has to be true right?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Planet Us reminds me of some old friends of mine who would get together and jam on the weekend while their wives were out shopping

they even booked a gig one time! at a church social thinggy with about 20 people there.

the wives would come up to them in the middle of their songs and try to talk to them. "Honey, I'm going to go, remember to close the garage and take the trash to the curb when you get home"

that's what Planet Us reminds me of!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eddymon:

if it's on a message board then it has to be true right?

JMJ
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am not very familiar of that board, but I guess this person really is Dean's sister from what I HAVE seen. So I guess she is a fairly reliable source if indeed she is.

I still will believe it when Mike posts on his site that they are now writing for the album.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

[QB]I am not very familiar of that board, but I guess this person really is Dean's sister from what I HAVE seen. So I guess she is a fairly reliable source if indeed she is.

[QB]
    and since you are the resident expert on reliable sources it all must be true! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This is Love/Mean Street
    Last Online

09.23.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Your wait may be growing longer since Van Halen to you includes Sammy in the band. For others, we can have a HUGE sigh of relief; ONE BIG EXHALE [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddymon,

What's got you hanging around a Journey website?

"Dont stop beleeeeving, hold on to that feeelayyyyeeeeeeeaaayyyying."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Hangman:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eddymon:

Your wait may be growing longer since Van Halen to you includes Sammy in the band. For others, we can have a HUGE sigh of relief; ONE BIG EXHALE [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Mike is also a part of that project too. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Sweet William:
    Eddymon,

What's got you hanging around a Journey website?

"Dont stop beleeeeving, hold on to that feeelayyyyeeeeeeeaaayyyying."
    Just looking for any info regarding Planet Us and a different perspective on it.
    And I've only gone there once. I liked Journey with Steve Perry, and to be honest, I don't think I have even heard the new guy. Is he any good? I heard he is a Perry clone.

[ December 09, 2002, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Mike is also a part of that project too. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    True but sad as it may be, if Dave were writing music with Ed I don't think Mike would be there anyway. Doesn't seem like Ed has let Mike contribute to the creative process in a very long time. And since Mike has been showing his favor for Sam, I don't think DLR would be making any special invites to MA either.

This means nothing and I am not saying Dave is in, out, maybe, maybe not, just giving my opinion on MA's participation in VH-if there ever is a VH again.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Make no doubt about it. Mike Anthony is very much still part of Van Halen. (Whatever Van Halen is these days.)

He has a hellava more sayso, input, discussions than Dave simply because Mike is in. Dave is not.

So it really doesn't matter what Dave says, what Dave does or wants. As far as Van Halen goes, David Lee Roth ISN'T a part of it.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    Make no doubt about it. Mike Anthony is very much still part of Van Halen. (Whatever Van Halen is these days.)

He has a hellava more sayso, input, discussions than Dave simply because Mike is in. Dave is not.

So it really doesn't matter what Dave says, what Dave does or wants. As far as Van Halen goes, David Lee Roth ISN'T a part of it.
    Come on man-do you really believe MA has any say in VH (and this has nothing to do with Dave). He has NONE!!! In fact, I truly believe if it weren't for his great backround vocals he would have been axed long ago. That notwithstanding, Ed played Bass, sang, did just about everything on VH III. The man played BASS, how big of an insult is that to the band's 2o+year bass player?

And, notice that when Dave was at 5150 doing the tracks for BOV 1, from Ed's, Al's, and Dave's POV nothing is ever mentioned about MA. Also, I believe MA did say he was against the idea of Dave doing those tracks-oh well, doesn't seem like his opinion counted.

So this isn't about Dave, don't turn it into a Dsve issue-fucking reason I can only come on this board every couple of weeks!!! People get what they want out of a post and turn it into a Dave or Sam bash thread.

Bottom line, if you believe MA has any say in VH I believe you are I the minority. Ed runs the show with that sidekick brother of his.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Originally posted by Hangman:
    Come on man-do you really believe MA has any say in VH (and this has nothing to do with Dave). He has NONE!!! In fact, I truly believe if it weren't for his great backround vocals he would have been axed long ago. That notwithstanding, Ed played Bass, sang, did just about everything on VH III. The man played BASS, how big of an insult is that to the band's 2o+year bass player?
    I've heard people mention that it was Eddie who played all or most of the bass on VH3 many times over the years.

How do we know this for sure? I know that Gary said he regretted the fact that Mike wasn't more involved in the creation of the album, but this could be a reference to the fact that it sorely misses his trademark backing vocals.

And another thing, if Eddie did indeed play bass on VH3, then why isn't his playing more outstanding?
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits