Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been thinking about writing this for a long time. Considering I'm home sick off my ass and we are about to get 6-12" of snow, (I'm ready to move back to AZ!), now seems like a good time. (Doing my best "fire and brimstone" impression), here it goes: The 2000-3000 of us VH Linkers need to wisen this world up! We can help get the VH name out there! Tell your family, tell your frieds, tell your co-workers what is about to happen! The reunion of one of the best bands ever, period. If you show passion and fire in your reflection, they will listen!

Example #1: My two nephews age 15 and 13. They only know about VH because of their uncle, me. I just moved back to the midwest from AZ and haven't been around them much. I wanted to see their cd collection. I about shit. All rap/Kid Rock crap!!! First things first, don't play that garbage around me I told them. Second, I blasted them with VH. When I take them somewhere, VH is playing. They now ask to borrow BOV1 or VH1. Get the idea, we can make a difference! Get the young ones first!

Example #2: Some of you may know I work in surgery. I meet/work with alot of people everyday. I bring up VH all the time. You see, the surgeon usually picks what music they want to hear for the day. Most the time it's some kind of top 40 mix crap. When a Backdoor Boys song comes on I'm the first to say, "God I can't wait for the new Van Halen to come out." Usually a long talk about the rise and fall and upcoming rise of VH will come about. It's all about getting the name out there.

I know you all are going to say, MO stop the cold meds now! Trust me, this approach works. One last example and I'll shut up.

Example #3: I played in a golf tournament just before leaving AZ in Oct. I'm on the driving range and I hear, "hey whats up?" I look up and it was a surgeon I worked with a couple of times about a year and a half ago. He comes up to me and goes, "wait, I know.........Van Halen, right?" I about shit. Thats what he remembered about me. We talked about 15 minutes on what was going on with the band! This happens all the time. Think about how many people think about each one of you when they hear a Van Halen song!! Bet there are more than you will ever believe! Why, because we are all passionate about this subject.

Brothers and sisters, we can help our favorite band, trust me. Get the word out. It will be big and we are an asset to them! And I'm spent......MO

------------------
    Why behave in public if you're living on a playground? Fools...

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Shit Mo, I spread the good word every single day. Hell people that know me know the rule, "Hey shut up Van Halen is on!" I love the line you said about, "Don't play that crap around me!" The (c)rap kid rock bull shit. I've said that a time or two. LOL. Like I told a good linkster buddy of mine months ago, "Shit man I thought I was a dying breed of a Van Halen fan, till I found this place." "Im not the freak I thought I was!" LOL. Spreading the gospel of Van Halen is what I do best. It's music to some, it's a religion to ME. Now if I may quote from the book of Fair Warning, verse 1. "Lord strike that poor boy down!" Don't tell me I'm the only one who says things like this. LOL. I'm pullin' my weight down here in TEXAS, Mo. Let's hope the others are doing the same. Out.

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited December 12, 2000 at 08:22 PM).]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I don't see my brother very often but I recently gave him a blank cd on which I burned WACF and FW and told him to listen to it and email me with his thoughts. This was months ago and I've never heard from him. He's got VH 1 and 1984 but I was trying to lure him further into the VH web. Next time I see him I'll have to put him on the business end of a Van Halen speech.

Recently my wife was going out and she was trying to pick a CD to take in the car, and she decided to take BOV1. Now, I don't like people touching my CD's, but I had to let her take it in this case. She loves Unchained, though she hates Little Guitars (my favorite VH song) and Ice Cream Man (she says it's too much Dave, what the hell does that mean???).

And recently we were driving listening to Fair Warning and she started singing along to Sinner's Swing, which blew me away. The next day she said, "I've got that song in my head and I've been singing it all day". I sang the first line of a couple of songs until we figured out she was talking about "Dirty Movies". The hilarious thing is, trying to figure out which song she meant, I sang "pictures on the silver screen". She says, "I thought it was 'Bitches on the silver screen'". Cracked me up.

Anyway, what was the question again???

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

VoodooQueen
    Since I have VH on my bookbag and wear VH shirts all the time, a lot of students wonder what is so great about them so they ask me (or they flat out make fun of it ). I've converted some people by loaning them my CDs.P

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The last place I worked I listened to only VH, DLR, and Sammy for the better part of two months.

By the time my co-op quarter there was over, everyone knew I liked Van Halen

The guy I sat next to even took a few songs from me (Jump, some of the ones from For UCK).

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

See what I mean guys/gals, it doesn't take much. Word of mouth is very powerful. We can help the best band to ever rock this earth!

Ummm.....the Benadryl is kicking in now. MO

------------------

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VoodooQueen:
    Since I have VH on my bookbag and wear VH shirts all the time, a lot of students wonder what is so great about them so they ask me (or they flat out make fun of it ). I've converted some people by loaning them my CDs.P<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is EXACTLY the same way with me!!

------------------
    Check out my web page! http://www.geocities.com/ncblum85/Nicks_Page.html

"Take it off, Take it all off!"

"Lord, Lord strike that poor boy down!!"

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've been trying to do my part of getting people to like VH. My younger cousin heard me listening to Jump one day and he liked it so I finally convinced him to buy 1984. He listened to it for a while and got hooked on Top Jimmy. Then when I went to his house one day there was dust on the CD case!!! I couldn't believe it.

Also, I wear some Van Halen t-shirts to school and people kind of just look at it and say "Van Halen, huh?" sarcastically. Somehow I don't think they're getting the message.

------------------
    "Van Halen is the 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' ' kinda music!" -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Not choosin & U can't make me
    Favorite VH Song

Not choosin & U can't make me
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to The First Church of Van Halen,

The opening hymn will be "Sinners Swing"
    (performed by four former youth of our congregation)

We are asking you to pray for new tunes in the near future.

I bless you all
    In the name of Ed,
    his brother,
    and the holy Bass player.
    Amen

May Ed be with you.
    Dr. 5150
    Assistant Pastor

------------------
    Click here for your Free VH ScreenSavers

Halenized ScreenSaver

Van Halen 3 ScreenSaver

[This message has been edited by Dr.5150 (edited December 13, 2000 at 07:53 PM).]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

MO, all I have to say is "Word!" You've got it all figured out, man. Keep on keepin' on.

VoodooQueen, Unchained Wolfie, and Dan Halen - I had to deal with the same crap in school. All you've got to be is persistent. The truth can't be denied for long. They'll know what time it is soon enough.

Rock on.

=VH=

------------------
    "Hey Down, my brotha, never ever forget your priorities... Beer first, trash second." - A life lesson, courtesy of track 5

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I find the best way to spread the word is to play VH, my personal favorite to convert a poor soul is FAIRWARNING.

If Fairwarning wont sell them nothing will.

Spread the word VH is comming to a city near you soon.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

Everyone that knows me, knows all about VH. Even my 85 yr old grandma...she can tell ya about VH

------------------
    "...I'm your last loose end!"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kasi, you got it going on too!!! Get the old ones also! My 69 year old mom not only knows who VH is, she listens to them also. NO LIE!

Keep up the good work VH Children!!! MO

------------------

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Magic Eight Ball sees millions of stupid children out there...wasting their time and souls on crap. It also sees thousands of loyal fans too timid to spread the word. The question asked is "can it be done? can we convert these little beasts?"

Looking deep into my belly, an answer emerges....

"Maybe"

Damn, i was hoping for something better than that. Magic Eight Ball's belly must be full of bad food to get such a bad answer. Magic Eight Ball will return.