Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whenever you get a large group of people together there are bound to be personality conflicts and differences of opinion. Just because we have one thing in common, the fact that we all love VH in one way or another, doesnt bond us together like brothers and sisters. Remember, this is a discussion board and when people discuss things there can be debates which can result in people not liking eachother. To say that EVH would be upset to see how his fans dont get along is silly! Heck, the BAND can't get along why should we. One thing that I do commend this site for however, is that fact that they do not opperate like the band that they represent. If Eddie and Al didn't like someone, for whatever reason, they were OUT. Here, even the most despised posters are allowed to remain and have their say. Personally, I like reading FORDs posts. I get a kick out of them and he is pretty intellegent to boot. Anyhoo, I have to give all the mods here a big [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] for a job well done and for being impartial!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down & 1984
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been in the "Online Community" for about 21 years now. I've been involved in a lot of the facits of it. I've run my own BBS back in the days before the Internet made such things obsolete. I'm well aware that this isn't my system, that I have no say over how the Admin and Mods run things here. The one thing that I and every SysOp I knew would do on our systems was to make it clear, there are TWO sides to the system. There's the PUBLIC MESSAGE FORUMS, like this one, and then there is Private E-Mail. The Public forums are for open discussion about whatever the entitled topic is. The key words there are "About The Topic".
    People are people, and as such, it's understood that in any group of people, not everybody is going to get along with each other; it's understandable that people are going to argue/disagree. It's pointless to try to tell folks to get along and play nice. However it is VERY appropriate to tell folks to do their yelling, screaming, name calling, hair pulling, and general bitching at each other in the proper place. That place is by e-mail. By doing this, the unhappy folk can squabble to their little hearts content, and those of us who've come to this site to keep abreast of what's going on with Van Halen can do so, without having to sift through 10-20 pages of petty bickering.
    "You can't polish a turd." - Ozzy Osborne

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..but then we'd miss out on gems like FORD..

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

....and some of that stuff is just as entertaining as the "real discussions".

Hey, it's good to vent sometimes. If we didn't get things off our chests, we'd explode.
    Granted some people can take it to a new level, but hey, at least they're passionate about what they believe in.

We don't need mass bannings on these boards, the mods do a great job of keeping things in check. If you go to enough of these boards, you can see a pattern of people blowing off steam one day & being cool the next. We're human. Not getting along is part of life.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have mine and it's never bothered me whether someone doesn't agree with me or that I don't agree with them. I tend not to get too involved in these long-running threads debating this or that because it's just my one opinion on something that I really don't know the whole story on. For instance, what really happened in 1985. I enjoy and have gotten a kick out of a lot of these threads, even when they get out of hand. The only thing that bothered me yesterday was that like Brett said, we finally got some GREAT news from Edward and the entire thread turned into shit.

Hands down, though, this is the BEST Web site to go for news on the band and to just BS about anything Van Halen. It just always blows my mind that we are all from all over the world, from all different backgrounds, and we have this one thing in common and sometimes have found other things by coming out to this forum. I'd be lost without my Van Halen and VHLINKS. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Could this be magic?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..what is music without a little passion ,anyway..?

FORD - go for it !

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 5151 Parrothead:

People are people, and as such, it's understood that in any group of people, not everybody is going to get along with each other; it's understandable that people are going to argue/disagree. It's pointless to try to tell folks to get along and play nice. However it is VERY appropriate to tell folks to do their yelling, screaming, name calling, hair pulling, and general bitching at each other in the proper place. That place is by e-mail. By doing this, the unhappy folk can squabble to their little hearts content, and those of us who've come to this site to keep abreast of what's going on with Van Halen can do so, without having to sift through 10-20 pages of petty bickering.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...I'm just here for the chicks...

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I admit it.. I'm just here for the beer!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Frankly... this wouldn't be a viable VH fan site if we didn't have the Jerry Springer Side Shows all the time!!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] for all the wacko's!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com