I\'m The One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20020830/D7LNRJ2O0.html

Town Fines David Lee Roth for Noise

Aug 30, 2:29 PM (ET)

By The Associated Press

ESSEX JUNCTION, Vt. (AP) - Rocker David Lee Roth really cranked up the volume at last weekend's Champlain Valley Exposition.

Too much, say village officials, who fined the fair $5,000 for violation of Essex Junction's noise ordinance.

Essex Police Chief David Demag said there were 32 calls complaining about the noise at Sunday night's show.

"It was very annoying," said Robert Durham, who lives about 600 feet from the fairgrounds. "I had the air conditioner on ... and I could still hear it with the doors and windows closed."

Tom Oddy, director of special events, said Roth's crew had been told repeatedly to turn down the volume.

The volume would drop, then come back stronger than ever, Oddy said.

"I've never seen that attitude, ever, with a show," Oddy said.

Fair officials and police said they feared halting the noisy performance by the 46-year-old former Van Halen singer would upset the audience.
    Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...<br /><br />"What kind of FUCKED up tour is this???" -John Love, Jr., <i>The Rock</i>

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the guy needs to look at the reality of the situation. The dumbass bought a house near the FAIRGROUNDS. If traffic wouldn't piss you off the noise would. He should really be complaining to the developers who pushed for things like the fairgrounds to be built in a residential area. But often times the citizens are too complacent or too hungry for economic conditions to improve in their area. Then all the sudden the things they either pushed for or didn't fight against turns out to be their worst nightmare. But then again, you always have a few bastards out there that complain every chance they get. I bet you if a show came that he wants to see, he wouldn't give a damn about anyone else's complaints about noise.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can symphasize with this guy. This guy is complaining about NOISE. Never is the word MUSIC used in the complaint. This pour guy had NOISE , not music annoying the sjit out of him. At least make it SOUND like music Dave. Tone it down "cubic zarconian" one. Go back to VH and learn to lip sync.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit...DLR

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    He should really be complaining to the developers who pushed for things like the fairgrounds to be built in a residential area.
    Yeah, right. I'm sure the Planning and Zoning Commission never got a penny from the developer. Yeah, right. Fight City Hall??!! Yeah, right.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Originally posted by Runswithscissors:
    I can symphasize with this guy. This guy is complaining about NOISE. Never is the word MUSIC used in the complaint. This pour guy had NOISE , not music annoying the sjit out of him. At least make it SOUND like music Dave. Tone it down "cubic zarconian" one. Go back to VH and learn to lip sync.
    That's a good point! Maybe Dave was playing his garbage suck ass DVD. That isn't music, it's noise!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.21.10 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good for Dave. I hope the guitar rang loud and long. This bozo sounds like the snooty lady who bought a house across from a fraternity in East Lansing where my parents live. She complained about the noise on weekends and parties during the week. In her case, I don't know what she was expecting moving in across the street from 50 college guys at Michigan State. Whatever.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Runswithscissors:
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been to concerts that were just simply 'too loud', and loud 'noise' is dangerous to ones health, namely hearing. Ask Pete Towsand.
    The fact that the article stated after it was turned down only to come back even stronger in my view warrents a fine. This was just arrogance demonstrated by whoever was in control of the sound. May not have had anything to do with DLR at all (I doubt that though) and was a stray soundman being an asshole.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by cyberfiddl:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlexFan:
    He should really be complaining to the developers who pushed for things like the fairgrounds to be built in a residential area.
    Yeah, right. I'm sure the Planning and Zoning Commission never got a penny from the developer. Yeah, right. Fight City Hall??!! Yeah, right.</font>[/QUOTE]Hey, if everone fights city hall, guess what....things change. But people nowadays are too busy or it just isn't their problem so they don't care who else is affected by something. Just look at the news sometime. There was a southern town in Georgia or Tennessee that never had personal property taxes and their current city leaders had run on the platform that taxes wouldn't occur. Then those same city leaders went back on their word and a crap load of people gathered outside to protest. Yeah, some windows were broken and I'm sure it rattled the leaders, because they immediately decided to not go through with the tax. You can fight city hall...you just have to have enough people backing you up. The added touch of violence and rioting certainly does seem to scare our EGOTISTICAL and GREEDY leaders back into submission...realizing that without our full support, they wouldn't be in office and might get hurt if they piss off the people. Fear keeps people motivated to do the right thing most of the time. I can see that you seem frustrated. Might you have had a battle of some sorts yourself with a faceless government? These kinds of battles are tough and sour a lot of people. The true key to successful change in mass government is to get everybody stirred up and behind you. It is hard to do. Peace

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tommy:
    Good for Dave. I hope the guitar rang loud and long. This bozo sounds like the snooty lady who bought a house across from a fraternity in East Lansing where my parents live. She complained about the noise on weekends and parties during the week. In her case, I don't know what she was expecting moving in across the street from 50 college guys at Michigan State. Whatever.
    Maybe if they invited her she wouldn't have cared....lol. I can just see her now doing inverted keg hits in her flowery moomoo or something....hahahahaha.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a fairgrounds. If you don't want noise, don't live there. The San Bernadino Country fairgrounds are just down the street from my friends' house where we practice. They have racing there and it's super-loud. But, he realizes he lives near a fairgrounds.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The first real concert I went to was Survivor, back in 1995. Yeah, I know. Anyway, it was held at an outdoor theater, it rained, and the show was cut short after only 3 songs. Anyway, it wasn't that loud, but there was some bozo there, in a lawn chair, with his wife and kids, who I could hear saying, "This is too loud, they need to turn it down." Now, this guy was a good 15 feet away. First, If I could hear him saying this from that far away, it wasn't too loud! Second, what the hell was he doing at a rock concert if he's going to complain about the noise. What a dumbass. Did he expect the Carpenters or something. I mean, Survivor's not Megadeth, but they put on a pretty rockin' show (at least they did for 15 minutes). Anyway, some people are idiots, like the guy who moves in next to the fairgrounds, and complains about noise. That's like going to McDonald's and expecting a filet mignon.

By the way I have now been to about 40 concerts, and seen about 30-40 bands, including VH twice, most of the big arena rockers (journey, boston, etc.), and most of the hair bands (ratt, warrant, etc.), so I've made up for not going to a show until '95. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Its like the people that live in East Boston that are against the proposed new runway at Logan Airport.
    MOVE!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.