Register

Thread: Favour Needed

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:19 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member
    I pulled out Balance tonight and put on the head phones. I was reminded of how much I really liked that CD.

Ed can dis Amsterdam all he wants; some of his finest playing.

People can knock Big Fat Money all they want - but the song just kicked.

The last time I saw Van Halen live was the Balance tour. As such - I want to pay homage to this tour by having a pic of Ed playing during this tour as my desktop. The pic I'm thinking of is him wearing a head band, with the arms ripped of his shirt, eyes closed while truly looking happy while playing - no one else was in the pic. You guys know the one I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i knoe a couple of pics that are like what you are talking about.

so far this is the only one i could find.

I don't think that's what oyu are lookin for. Gimme a minute. I'll get some more.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WAIT!!!!!

Scott, it's the pic of Ed in this one, isn't it? I got to find him solo now!

The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

found some. I dunno how to make em bigger, but i'm sure some here can

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even a hardcore Classic fan like me can allow that Balance was probably VH's best album sonically. After years of bass rolloff, then a drastic overcompensation on F U C K, Balance did indeed finally strike a happier medium.
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Far as that pic goes -

Isn't Ed sportin' the same 'do as in the pictures above, but wearin' a bogus service station shirt with an embroidered "Eddie" nametag, ripped sleeves, and a loopy, beatific grin on his mug? Looked kinda like a cross 'tween Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen in that photo, I always thought...
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.