Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As most of you know I'm not a big fan of DLR, however I do hope the next CD is Kick ass. I'd be interested to know what the details of Roth's contract with VH is. With the last festuch at the MTV awards and the fact there is so much bad blood between these guys I got to believe that there are very specific contracts on how there gonna proceed. I'm going to guess that Roth is going to arrive in a separate limosine. When the show is done he's going to go off on his own. I'm going to guess that the contract is going to get specific on what Roth can and can't do, or say on stage. I got to believe the managers are going to try and do everything they can to keep Roth and VH from getting into any battles while on the road. I know most of you Roth lovers want everybody to kiss and make-up, but as I said there is allot of egos and history of bad blood. Does anyone have details on the Roth contract understanding it's going to be hear-say. I wonder if he's gonna bash Sammy on the VH tour. That may be a restriction to.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You would hope that these guys wouldn't need contracts in place. Dave just isn't the kind of guy who will flourish if he's got a list of things he's not allowed to say and do. You have to let a lion be a lion.

I would think it would be implied, if not stated, that Dave should stay away from any negative comments about Sam or Gary. I think Dave is smart enough to understand that many fans like all eras, and he wouldn't do himself any favors by bashing other people.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

besides Alex dave was never that close to these guys anyway. i'm sure when they were just starting out they all partied together but it seems to me that Vh was kinda divided between ed & mike and Al & Dave. but i think deep down these guys wanna find some peace with each other. they go back a long way. sammy wasn't there when they were spreading fliers around LA, throwing amp on top of cars to get to a gig, etc. only ed, dave, al and mike went thru that together. and that's a pretty special thing. so i think at this point in their lives they would like to end all the BS of the past. i think that's why they're keeping quiet. they went about things wrong in 96. this time they're doing it the right way. mend the relationship before they med the career.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think they would put a gag on DLR. Half the fun of a show with the Diamond One is waiting to see what he will do or say next!!!!!!

------------------
    "give me 72 hours in a day, and we can play catch up!!"

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VHNut- All you would of had to do was attend a show when he fronted for Bad Company. He did and said the same things he did 20 years ago. I'm gonna F your girl friend, so on, and so fourth. Except he added Sammy bashing to his repitore. This guy is no big stage presence or inovator. His big mouth is what got him in trouble in the past and if he can't figure that out the old problems will re-surface and his mouth will get him in trouble in the future.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Contract or no contract, someone is going to say something to piss someone off at some point. That's just the way things go, whether you're Van Halen or us. Remember Sammy and the fuck you story on MTV? Do you think that Dave is any different? You start cramming a list of do's and don'ts down somebody's throat and all you're going to get is a big fat fuck you. I'm sure that there's some sort of contract protecting everyone's ass for songwriting, royalties, etc., but if they can't agree on this piddly shit or at least agree to disagree, then the reunion will not last.

------------------
    Could this be magic?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No one's gonna gag Dave. He's in the drivers seat or at least the copilot's after the events of the last 4 years. I doubt whether he'll slam Sammy....he stopped doing that on the DLR tour once Cherone was fired.

As for Dave saying the same things. Well all singers say the same things - but it's usually restricted to 'Hello xxxxx', 'Are you having a good time', 'here's one from our latest album' etc etc. So Dave repeats himself but some of the lines are part of the show now. I have a bridge to sell anyone who thinks "I forgot the f**king words" means he really forgot the f**king words. Some of it is schtick and some of it is spontaneous, but you get the same from any stand-up comic and most of those guys don't front major rockbands at the same time.

Dave will be Dave, that's part of Van Halen. Maybe Eddie won't be allowed to play certain notes either

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't be so negative z28GIRL. This reunion is gonna be a smash! You just gotta believe and have a positive attitude. It's up to the fans anyways. If we decide not to buy the new album or see them in concert it is gonna fail for sure. But, if we support the reunion it's gonna fly high baby! The only thing that is not going to last is us. Cause VH is gonna blow us all away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE OUT!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madden:
    Don't be so negative z28GIRL. !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this post, from you????

------------------
    You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why is everyone besides madden here so down and negative on how these guys are gonna get along.

Am I the only one that believes that Ed, Al, and Mike wouldn't do this thing at all if theyt hated Roth? Come on people, think positive! I envision them as getting along great. sure they're gonna spat, who doesn't?

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes ANGEL 4U that post was from me. Why do you ask?Peace out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Dave would NOT do this if there were a list of conditions on him, Dave has more self respect than that!! VH3 was not a huge success - either was Daves solo carrier, I doubt there is a contract - my guess is its more of a partnership like it was in the beggining.

If these guys are going to sit and bicker over small crap and fight like kids on a school playground then it shouldnt happen. I doubt they will be hanging out together after each show - my guess is this a buisness relationship now. Its all going to workout fine in the long run.

As for the Sammy bashing - I doubt that highly - it wont happen, this tour is about VH not Sammy or Gary.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vince:
    Except he added Sammy bashing to his repitore. This guy is no big stage presence or inovator.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, having seen Dave's last tour (did you, or did you just read about it?) I can tell you that Dave didn't talk about the other singers when I him in July. I think he'd realized that it wasn't getting a good reaction.

As for him not being a big stage presence or innovator... Man, are you living in a hole?? Dave had that crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. How many opening acts can do that? How many headliners can anymore? Not many. Every little gesture he made got a reaction. As far as innovating goes, well Dave started doing that 25 years ago. You can't argue that he didn't set the pattern for the rock and roll frontmen that surfaced after him. How much innovation do you want? Would you like him to put a fountain on stage, and splash in it while doing "Singing in the Rain" accapela? Why mess with what works?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm sure there's going to be a contract, OLO. They had a specific one with Sammy. In his book, DLR talks about how he'd do things differently then in '96. He says that at that time, he went on faith. The next time he'd go on paper. I think a good, specific contract would let both sides know where they stand. That'd add a lot of comfort to the situation, and nobody would worry so much about saying or doing something that might upset someone else.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i really don't think there is going to be a contract like that. then what the hells the point of becoming the original VH again? a lot of mudslinging has gone on, some of which we know of, some of which we don't. some of it was right, and some wrong. all of it done for many reasons only the four of them will ever know. but i'll tell you this much, those guys love nothing better than to entertain, to put smiles on people's faces! and i don't think they need a contract to do it! them making music again after 16 years is enough reason to be happy. i'm sure things will roll from there