Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm having a strange feeling that somehow Sammy is in the mix here, becuase he has been rather quite as of late himself. Am aware that he and his wife just had another kid, but I also feel that VH can't neglect over 10 years of their work when or if they go out just with Roth.

Could it be even possible that a new album has half tracks with Roth and half Sam? As anything is possible, we are also aware that no official announcement has been made about Roth, though it is assumed, but he could not keep his big trap shut.

In interviews I heard with Sammy during his last tour, he never said flat out 'no' that would never work with the brother again, just added to the speculation that they are working with Roth.

So anyone believe that Sammy is sneaking in the backdoor at 5150 when Roth is not around to cut some tracks. Who knows maybe VH has told Roth, if we are going to do this, Sammy is going to be involved, and maybe he is fine with it. ??

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

5 months ago, I would have said that you were crazy but now...who knows. I think there's more of a chance (minute at that) of that happening now then last year. If any band can do it, Van Halen could.

As said many times before, a peep from the band would be nice.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy is Doing some shows in Cabo over Cinco De Mayo. I was caller ten, but needed to be fifteen on the Loop in Chicago to win a trip to see him. I am now seeking mentl help for my depression.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Unless its a greatest hits album, You will never see Dave and Sam on the same record.

Both have too big of egos and won't want to be upstaged by the other.

But that doesn't mean that they will never work with him again.
    [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2001 at 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

Sammy is doing his own thing now, he ain't interested in being in VH anymore. But you never know.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You know what's interesting?

In those alleged Sammy book chapters Sammy states that one of the agreements he came to with VH when they sold him their interests in the Cabo club was that if it was ever franchised in the U.S., VH would get a cut of that. And recently it came out that Sammy is indeed planning to build a Cabo club in Las Vegas.

So (stretching this a bit), if the book chapter was correct, somewhere in all of this mess, Sammy would probably have to be in contact with VH about this potential club opening.

Anyway, just talking out loud. Don't mind me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somebody get me that line for that chapter!
    I need to read it again.

If that is true, then maybe there is a new twist in this saga. Maybe we are on to something?

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

From the alleged Chapter 19

"Believe me," lamented the Red Rocker, "the papers I had to sign with the brothers to get the club was a really shit deal for me. The terms were unbelievable. For instance, if I ever made a penny selling it, I would have to repay the band the money they wrote off on their taxes. Next, if I ever brought the concept to the United States and tried to franchise it, they would get fifty percent of the profits forever. That same deal extended to anything associated with the Cabo Wabo name."

[ April 19, 2001 at 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man if this is the case, and legally Sam had to contact VH about the new franchise in Vagas, maybe something started there. But who knows, maybe it was just done through their lawyers and they probably never even spoke directly about it. But I can see it.

Sammy "Yeah Ed, we opening a franchise in Vegas, and know you legally in on it."

Ed, "Great, but we thought you were too lazy, but I guess we were wrong since you have put out three album to our messly one."

Sammy "Well, have another kid to support now, have to be the supportive dad."

Ed "Oh yeah, congrats on that one, Val and I just had our 20th"

Sammy "Way to go brother, never thought it would last huh"

Ed "Yeah I guess we not like Tom and Nicole, or Demi and Bruce"

Sammy "That true, but how about you and Roth"

Ed "Have not talked to Roth in months, have only done about 3 songs"

Sammy thinking to himself ("Hmmm, I knew that rumor I started months ago that they were having problems was dead on")

Sammy "Oh man what is the problem"

Ed "I don't know man, I started working with Coverdale, Plante came by, then I wanted to do that Santana thing, Rob Thomas walked in, I felt I could win some grammys."

Sammy "Wow that sounds great, what are you playing."

Ed "Well here is this demo, what do you think, don't have any vocals to it."

Sammy "That rips, I know what that sounds like"

Ed "What"

Sammy "Well I have to work on it, but let me stop by, and I'll bounce the idea of you, I have to go change a diaper."

Ed "That's great I'll let Al and Mike now"

Sammy "Great"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.29.12 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*laughs* That'll never happen Cabo1984. Then again, who can say now?
    "Honey, arn't you gonna catch a cold dressed like that?" - Dave
    "We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward
    "I will never change because of a trend." - Yngwie J. Malmsteen
    "Yeah, I saw a yard gnome once...it didn't scare me." - Space Ghost

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The first rule of being a Van Halen fan is when it comes to singers, NOTHING is impossible.

The second rule is expect any of the past or present members to go back on what they quoted before.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being that we have learned more in the past month, anyone wish to believe the Sammy might be in on any project right now? Thoughts

Three tracks worked on with Dave, maybe, sort of? Won't be released according to Ed.

Sammy has been pretty quiet as of late. He has a new kid on board, but that did not seem to stop him the last time he had a child born. Also, I have heard nothing concrete that he is working on a new album with his band, if he is, please advise as such.

I am thinking of a possibility right now that they are considering BOVII with new tracks from all the vocalist included in a double cd package. Thoughts

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo1984:
    Being that we have learned more in the past month, anyone wish to believe the Sammy might be in on any project right now? Thoughts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The VH brothers believe that Sammy screwed them over financially . Whether this is true or not it seems that while they think Dave is a difficult bastard, they genuinely "fuckin' hate" (not my quote) Sammy. Of course in Whacky VH world this may not have anything to do with who is the next singer.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Whatever Sammy is up to, I can't imagine him putting out another album so quickly. His last one, though a good album, didn't set the world on fire, so throwing another one together this soon would surely do no better.

Anybody know the exact number of shows Sammy has played on his Ten13 tour? It seems like he didn't play that many, and all the "legs" of the tour were really short.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Sammy is putting out albums based on his sales numbers. He knows now that he has a certain base of fans, and that it will only go so far. I think he just enjoys putting out albums for his fans.

Whether or not the brothers hate Sammy's guts. I'm not sure on that one. He kept the train going and I'm sure that they know that, and keep them realtively wealthy. I can't see them hating him more that they used to hate Roth.