Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay but last week a radio station here in Seattle interviewed Dave during their morning show. Dave was pretty much Dave, rambling about a whole lot of everything and anything. He said he was working out in his dojo with a head set telephone on. The whole interview sounded like he was in a giant warehouse or something. He went on about how he was in the best shape of his life and how he starts every day off working out in his dojo. Anyway, when asked about rejoining VH he said it was inevitable. He said it was bound to happen because after all the mets and the yankees were both playing running with the devil when they take the field. He said doesn't that tell you something right there. When two opposing forces embrace your music you know you have something special. When asked about the reunion back in 96 he simply said that the timing wasn't right but enjoyed the experience. Then they asked him who he has been impressed with musically over the past few years. He wouldn't answer at first and said there are so many hit and misses and he found it hard to pin point just one. He finally said he was impressed with Erika Badou sp? he said he was impressed with her musically. The DJ said ok, that was a hit now how about a miss? Dave wouldn't answer and hemmed and hawed. Then the DJ said, how about Gary Cherone? Dave said, who? The DJ repeated himself and said Gary Cherone. Dave again said whose he? I was laughing my ass off. Anyway, sorry for not having it all down word for word. You know how fast Dave can talk. It was a pretty weird interview but it was cool to hear Dave again.
    "common sense ain't common"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was Dave's way of not slamming Gary and Slamming Gary at the same time.Pretty funny stuff.
    That was pretty smart on Dave's part.I'm sure he doesn't want to say ANYTHING derogatory about any facet of Van Halen and have them get word of it.For him to say that 1996 was an "enjoyable experience", is a complete turnaround from the "Reunion Blues" chapter in his book.
    Dave is playing good cards and I for one like it.
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Sounds like Dave is being his typical self,

I'm impressed that you were able to understand as much info as you included in your post. Frankly, every interview Dave does is a bit off the wall. Regarding the reunion, I sure hope he is right. Despite what he wrote in his book a few years back, I think Dave really did enjoy the reunion. Lets not forget that everyone involved, (including Sammy)made some nice pocket change! I often wonder if the whole thing on MTV wasn't a bit staged just for the publicity of it all. Also, it has been five years since the '96 reunion, time and greater reflection has a way of changing ones thoughts on certain experiences. Peace Brothers and Sisters! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:59 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

I like Dave's attitude toward the reunion. It looks to me like he's done pretty much all there is to do to get ready for it. All we need is some communication between DLR and VH (if there hasn't been yet). 2002 looks pretty good to me.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting. DAve's statements about a reunion are in sharp contrast to what he said in a KC radio interview in June. Although he did not deny the possibility, he was vague and dismissive. Thanks for posting this information!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But the problem is that there's obviously nothing in place with Van Halen. Dave says a reunion is "inevitable," but pretty much concedes that he believes that only because of fate. There's no concrete reason at this point to believe that Van Halen is all that anxious to work with Dave again. IMHO, if Ed could get away with it, I think he'd pursue a fourth singer. But he knows it's not a viable option, WB won't allow it, and no one would buy the album. It will be Dave or the Grave, mark my words. I firmly believe that by the end of this year, we will hear that VH is back with Dave, or that they're going to retire as a band and pursue solo projects.