Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

03.12.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't post all that often because there simply isn't much to really discuss regarding Van Halen. However, things once again are getting way out of control and I feel the need to speak out at this time.

I have been a VH fan since I purchased Diver Down when I was in seventh grade. I became hooked. Have been ever since. My dedication didn't falter when Sammy came into the picture after DLR left. And my love of the band didn't change when Gary came into the picture in '97. I AM A FAN OF VAN HALEN (not just DLR, or Sammy or whoever the singer is/was/will be). While I am getting tired of the waiting like the rest of you we all need to realize that regardless of what we want, they need to do what is right for them. Ed, Al and Mike are human beings, so can we please start treating them as such? Many fans here and in other forums on the Net really are only fans on there own terms. I say to those people that they aren't really fans of the band, but of a particular singer or era. If you claim to love VH, than that should mean, unconditionally without predjudice. We don't live in a perfect world and neither do Ed, Al, Mike, Sam, Dave, Gary. Some things are just not meant to be.

Gary for example was not meant to be the frontman for VH. While I enjoy VH III for what it is, it certainly was not their finest moment.

Sammy gave us a lot of great years and a lot of great tunes and without him VH would have probably wound up being fronted by Patty Smythe.

DLR. The stick by which all others are measured. DLR is one-fourth responsible for VH becoming the greatest american rock band, ever.

Each man deserves a ton of credit and our thanks.
    Each man gave his all for as long as he could.

We need to take a step back here and stop posting B.S. rumors. All it does it get everyone mad. It is getting us nowhere. When VH is ready to let the world know what they are doing, then and only then will we know. And when that time comes the band is going to have answer a lot of questions. Once our questions are answered, and we all understand what has been going on in their lives, we will forgive and rock with VH once more.

I personally don't care who the singer is (DLR or Sammy would be nice, but if not I'll still be here), I just want to hear VH rocking the world once again.

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well said. You're missing the point though. The majority of posters here DO respect VH as people. The rumors, speculation, bullshit comes about because VH doesn't say a word about anything. They show little respect for true fans yet expect us to laud them and fork over our hard earned $ for a new release. Everything would calm down if there was some sort of press release every now and then. It may not be very evident but we all care about this band.
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson