Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's Sammy on any reunion possiblities in the future.

SH: I don't think it's ever gonna happen for either one of us. Ed and Al have a problem that none of us understand and maybe it's becuase Eddie's real ill. But there's something definitely wrong. Those guys have been out of it so long and they have no record and no nothing.

GW: They've talked about having 3 records worth of stuff in the can.

SH: Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material. When I joined the band he had all sorts of material too. It's just a bunch of jams, man. You just roll tape and he and Al go in there and blow. If you edit that down, you've got 5 or 6 good tunes out of about 20 hours of music.

The interview features both Sam and Dave......same old shit about the tour.....Sammy claims to have sold 200 million albums....

I find it odd that Sam would speculate about Ed's health......he's tight with Mike........maybe Mike's not tight with VH......
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by jimmy:

I find it odd that Sam would speculate about Ed's health......he's tight with Mike........maybe Mike's not tight with VH......
    That is interesting. The only thing I can think of is that Eddie gave his statement about being healthy on May 7, 2002, which was two weeks before you posted this. So maybe the interview between GW and Sammy took place earlier than May 7...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sammy claims to have sold 200 million albums....
    I wonder if he's been holding down a part-time gig at Tower Records?

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by UnleashVH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jimmy:

That is interesting. The only thing I can think of is that Eddie gave his statement about being healthy on May 7, 2002, which was two weeks before you posted this. So maybe the interview between GW and Sammy took place earlier than May 7...</font>[/QUOTE]with the lead time on a national rag, i'd say that was way before May 7, maybe a month and a half or more...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Those kind of interviews are usually about 2 months behind.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    Those kind of interviews are usually about 2 months behind.
    Yup. I wouldn't doubt if Michael is "out of the loop" on Eddie's health.In his (Eddie's) previous admission about undergoing treatment for his cancer, he said he kept it a private matter within his family. Maybe Mikey's not considered "family"?
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I think both Sam and Dave are pushing the trash talk to keep themselves and the tour in the spotlight. The only things that have received any publicity seem to be their comments on Van Halen. I'm sorry, but Ed's got to be getting a chuckle out of that.

As far as Edward and Al being out of it. I think as far as the music biz is concerned, Sammy and Dave are probably not far off base. It certainly seems apparent to me that Ed's priorities are not with the band. I've got to respect and admire his commitment to what is truly important in life and that's his family, who obviously brings him great joy, and his health. At this point in his life, he doesn't have to produce music as a product to make money off of, and if he feels that driving the Van Halen machine again is going to jeopardize his health, then the answer to that is quite obvious too. I think he's continuing to create music, but whether we ever hear it is another story.

So if I've got to learn to love golf to see Edward Van Halen, then fore!
    Could this be magic?

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

You're right on the money z28girl! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Sammy is only trying to cause publicity by talking bad about VH. He's trying to make all of us believe that Ed and Al have problems because they don't want to cash in. Uhh...isn't greed a bigger problem?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

I've also noticed a lot of trash talking with Sam and Dave about VH. They've said things in the past but not as bad as it's been lately. Believe me, those two have done their share of shit as well.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Pretty simple logic... the common denominator for the Sam & Dave tour is Van Halen.

The curiosity driver is both had controversial departures from Van Halen. Followed by years of jaw-flappin bad mouthing each other.

The only thing that keeps the subject of a former singer reunion alive and relevant is the fans wishful thinking...

So bad mouthing VH isn't gonna burn any reunion bridges... actually from a PR perspective it adds to the fuel for the fire by generating tabloid type of hype for 5 middle-aged men to bash each other... such a media specticle eh?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

The recent bashing of Edward and Alex van Halen serves two purposes for both Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth.

1. It keeps the hype and the music media interested in their upcoming tour.

2. It keeps the fans wishing and hoping for something that Sammy and David want as much as some die-hard Van Halen fans (even though they wont publicly admit to it). That being either Sammy and/or Dave's return to Van Halen.

Edward Van Halen should be applauded to focusing on what is truly important in life. His family, his health (although with the smoking still going on that is questionable). Ed recently tolds us that he has been given a clean bill of health, but that doesn't necessarily means he is feeling 100% yet. Give the man some time to get back into "fighting shape" so to speak, cancer takes a lot out of you and Ed is fortunate to have made it past the battle of his life.

Now let's hope for a great tour from Sammy and Dave this summer. Let's hope for great things for the upcoming Planet Us project. Let's hope for the rumored box set from WB this fall, and let's hope for the future of Van Halen (both the band and the greatest living guitarist on the face of the earth) regardless of who Ed and Al decide to play with in the future.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's Sammy on any reunion possiblities in the future.

SH: I don't think it's ever gonna happen for either one of us. Ed and Al have a problem that none of us understand and maybe it's becuase Eddie's real ill. But there's something definitely wrong. Those guys have been out of it so long and they have no record and no nothing.

GW: They've talked about having 3 records worth of stuff in the can.

SH: Bullshit. I've heard Eddie's material. When I joined the band he had all sorts of material too. It's just a bunch of jams, man. You just roll tape and he and Al go in there and blow. If you edit that down, you've got 5 or 6 good tunes out of about 20 hours of music.

The interview features both Sam and Dave......same old shit about the tour.....Sammy claims to have sold 200 million albums....

the thing about what Eddie considers a song, and what Sammy says being a "jam", i think is the truth...makes sense at how different the dave era, sam era, and VDIII eras sound

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

House of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The thing Sammy seems to forget is that 20 hours of Ed and Al jamming probably sounds a million times better than anything he or Dave could do on their own. I'd kill to have 20 hours of VH justing blowin away in the studio.

Both Sam and Dave love to take shots at VH. It's the only way anyone is going to listen to them. Apart from talking about VH, what do Sam and Dave have to say that is remotely interesting? Their solo material is mediocre and uninteresting. Shakadoobie? Cheatin Heart Cafe? WTF? The only way anyone is going to show up at these Sam and Dave shows is if they play lots of Van Halen and talk lots of shit about the brothers every stop along the way. Imagine Sam and Dave, on tour together this summer, playing only their solo material. You couldn't give tickets away for that shit. You would have to pay people to sit in the seats. So expect this bullshit from Sam and Dave for at least the rest of the summer

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How is it considered "bashing" for Sammy to point out the fact that Eddie on his own can write riffs, but not songs?

Sammy wrote songs with Eddie for 10 years. I believe he's qualified to make such a statement. For that matter, so is anyone who listened to VDIII and heard what Eddie's "songwriting" sounded like with neither Dave or Sammy around.

Sammy's estimation of how much workable material Eddie has in his "3 albums worth" was even more brutal than my own. And considering Sammy was more than willing to write with any cheesy keyboard riff Ed threw at him, that's really speaking volumes.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I also want to applaude Ed for not retaliating in the press the way he has in the past. He's showing some maturity and playing his cards right by keeping his mouth shut. I for one don't really care to listen to the mud-slinging from 1985 to present with this band or any other band. Personally, with the kind of money they make and the type of lifestyles they're afforded to live, I find all this finger pointing and blah, blah, blah to be petty and immature.

If I want to listen to people squabbling, I can walk into my livingroom, turn on Jerry Springer or even my family! What I need from Van Halen is music.
    Could this be magic?