Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think someone posted a bit on Ryan but I have not seen this article posted here - sorry if it Has been.

RYAN M. MORIN ALLSTON

Copyright Boston Globe Newspaper Mar 2, 2003

TRAGEDY IN RHODE ISLAND THE VICTIMS PORTRAITS OF PEOPLE WHO DIED IN THE WEST WARWICK, R.I, NIGHTCLUB FIRE

RYAN M. MORIN LIVED FOR MUSIC AND WAS A BIG FAN OF THE HEAVY- METAL BAND VAN HALEN. "I CALLED HIM VAN HALEN FAN NUMBER ONE," HIS MOTHER, SUSAN, OF THOMPSON, CONN., SAID. Though Morin, 31, lived in Allston and commuted to his job as a software engineer at Guardent Inc. in North Providence in a red Jeep, he still had belongings in his bedroom at his mother's house.

"The closet is crammed with Van Halen memorabilia," said his mother. Autographs of band members, compact discs, tour itineraries, guitar picks - nothing was too trivial for the fan who traveled across the country to see his heroes perform and who emulated them as a guitar player in a garage band when he was in high school.

A graduate of Southern Connecticut State University, he worked as a substitute teacher in the Thompson public schools before entering the high-tech field. "He taught primarily in elementary schools," said his mother. "All the girls had crushes on him."

He was a happy, outdoorsy guy who seemed to always have a smile on his face, she said. He enjoyed kayaking and white-water rafting and planned to go on a backpacking trip to New Zealand in March.

"He had an amazing view of nature," said Spencer Ingram, a co- worker at Guardent. "He wasn't taking anything for granted. He just wanted to soak it all up."

Among the highlights of Morin's trip to New Zealand was to be a bungee-jumping expedition.

"He liked to live life on the edge, and he lived it to the fullest," said his mother.
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

It would be nice if Edward would make some sort of acknowledgement of him then and make a donation to the victim's fund (maybe he has privately) or show up at one of the benefits.

It would be a nice gesture on his part to recognize a fallen mega fan of his and would make for some positive press for himself as well. Lord knows he needs it.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Adelaide,Australia, Home of the criminally insane
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts

yeah thats terrible news, condolences to his family , R.I.P Ryan
    What Me Worry !!!

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

RIP Friend.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    It would be nice if Edward would make some sort of acknowledgement of him then and make a donation to the victim's fund (maybe he has privately) or show up at one of the benefits.

It would be a nice gesture on his part to recognize a fallen mega fan of his and would make for some positive press for himself as well. Lord knows he needs it.
    There's already been some action on this over at VHML... when the news broke and 2 members of the list were identified... one being Ryan and the other was a guy that had sustained severe burns but survived... anyways info was passed onto Brad to see if any of the band members could pass on some encouraging word to the guy that survived... don't know if anything happened but even if it did it would most likely be dealt with as a private matter... Remember these guys were too modest to even publically recognize the 25th anniversary of Van Halen... doubt they'd even consider anything public on this matter...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

RIP man..
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

ALL ALBUMS from ALL ERAS!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL SONGS from ALL ERAS!
    Last Online

11.25.07 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

RIP. I would like to donate a little, myself. Even though it's not much, I'm sure we could all chip in. What's the newest from the VHML? Also, how are the survivor's doing? Did Brad do anything with the band to get them to talk to the survivors, or contact them somehow? I pray for a speedy recovery for them.