Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This post might not mean anything to those outside of the Boston area, but WBCN used to be THE station in Boston until they changed over formats to "alternative" in the 90's and played shit bands like, Korn, Limp Linkin Log, and the rest of the drivel on todays modern rock playlist. They completely ignored any music made before 1990 and converted to a corporate playlist. I never listen to the station for this reason but last night I flipped it on and heard, Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Ain't Talking Bout Love!" then Tool and more modern rock. Unless the format has changed, VH was never played on WBCN. A little corporate backing for classic VH?

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:48 PM
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

I think they are having a turn back the clock or a hair band weekend or something like that.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by mike zack:
    I think they are having a turn back the clock or a hair band weekend or something like that.
    Damn, I thought there might be something more to it. I guess its good they are finally bringing back the tunes that all these new bands are ripping off. As many times as I've heard it, "Aint talking.." sounded great after all these years and rocked harder than the Peppers and Tool. Just a classic song. Ahhh, c'mon Dave, drop the lawsuit and start making amends...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

the next one
    Favorite VH Song

the next one
    Last Online

07.05.08 @ 09:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BCN = Before Christ Network

BCN would still suck even if they played VH every day.

Tool is actually cool and A perfect Circle rocks.

If it rocks, it's 107.3 WAAF!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BCN does suck and AAF, although the Morning show with Greg and LB is great, is not far behind. I usually listen to Rock 101 or 100.7, which I think is WZLX, for the classic rock. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Please AAF blows, and Greg Hill (Hillman) is a fat bloated asshole and LB is a fucking retard. WBCN is lightyears ahead of AAF... AAF had that fucking looser Shlockholl.

As for BCN doing hairband weekend, I thought I was hearing things, but they were playing Nelson's Aftern the Rain yesterday...

As for the best station in Boston it's got to be 100.7 WZLX, Boston's Classic Rocker! Also Rock 101 in NH is great too.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to list
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's funny, but I hardly ever listen to the radio here in Boston. I drive 45 minutes to work every day and usually just listen to my CD's in the car. But lately, I have tuned into BCN a bit more, and they have definitely changed their format a bit. I actually enjoy listening to that station now. They'll go from Coldplay to Radiohead to Chili Peppers to Aerosmith, etc. Much more diversified than they used to be. My sister actually called me about a month ago and told me that she had just heard "I Love It Loud" from Kiss on BCN. I thought she was smoking crack. Haha! Anyways, BCN does seem to have turned things around a bit.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

WHJY in Providence is better than both by far. And I'm not saying this because my buddy works there. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I heard yesterday, BCN was doing a Hairband Heartbreaker Weekend for Valentines Day, or some shit like that. They were throwing around mullet jokes, etc. I heard them say "If you like Van Hagar, more than Van Halen..." WTF? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] It seemed like it was going to be more of a satire.

I don't listen to radio much, but, I like AAF, especially Mistress Carrie. She's pretty hilarious. And she plays classic VH from time to time. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/"5150"
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/"5150"
    Last Online

02.09.12 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I haven't listened to BCN since they changed to the trendy "Modern Rock" format [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

HJY in Providence has been the only thing I can tolerate.

Anyone check out KKB (100.3) out of Fall River? This station used to be "The Hits of the 80's" and now it's just hard rock. I dig it because it pretty much plays older stuff with just a touch of some of the newer bands. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    New England Patriots.
    Super Bowl XXXVI Champions
    Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions
    Super Bowl XXXIX Champions

"My favorite ring is the next one..." - Tom Brady

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is HJY @ 94.1?
    If so, there is one jock on there that I can not stomach. I don't know his name, he is on weekdays around 5pm, my drive home from work. He is so friggin' obnoxious. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    He plays some good tunes though. He should talk (much) less and play more music.
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

Your hair is all tangled

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    Is HJY @ 94.1?
    If so, there is one jock on there that I can not stomach. I don't know his name, he is on weekdays around 5pm, my drive home from work. He is so friggin' obnoxious. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    He plays some good tunes though. He should talk (much) less and play more music.
    You must be talking about Charles. Yeah he does talk a bit too much but he is likely pretty stoned. He takes a group of listeners each year on a trip to Amsterdam and he does his show from there as well.
    Paul & Al in the morning is a good show. They talk a bit as well, but thats the nature of the timeslot on a city radio station. You need to have all the news, sports and weather as well as traffic. Amy Hagan is good too (middays).

But if your in SE Mass, tune into Classic Rock 104.7 or Modern/Classic Rock 102.9 (even though the midday jock, Suzanne Tonaire is annoying and stuck on herself. Both are pretty good stations as well.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    Is HJY @ 94.1?
    You must be talking about Charles. Yeah he does talk a bit too much but he is likely pretty stoned. He takes a group of listeners each year on a trip to Amsterdam and he does his show from there as well.
    Paul & Al in the morning is a good show. They talk a bit as well, but thats the nature of the timeslot on a city radio station. You need to have all the news, sports and weather as well as traffic. Amy Hagan is good too (middays).

But if your in SE Mass, tune into Classic Rock 104.7 or Modern/Classic Rock 102.9 (even though the midday jock, Suzanne Tonaire is annoying and stuck on herself. Both are pretty good stations as well.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's him... Charles. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    I'll check out those other two you mentioned. Thanks.

Your hair is all tangled

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I actually Charles on HJY... In fact, I usually switch from HJY, GIR, BCN, ZLX and WHEB (100.3). When you come to think of it, living the Boston area, has its perks because we do have all the stations... Right now I am in NYC for the weekend (yes I cannot live without LINKS!) and all they have is q104 (ZLX/HJY type station) and KRock... Otherwise you're stuck listening to crap, or 1010wins.

Mistress Carrie is lame, almost as lame as Shlockhole. Remember that staged wedding...? "Dude... (in a shlockhole voice)"... Maybe I will listen to WBZ instead.