Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

First off, I know I think about this stuff WAY too much. This post is proof of that!

Anyways, I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and try to piece some things together regarding Sammy's statement that VH broke up again a month or two ago.

1) Sherman left about 1-2 months ago, about the same time Dave allegedly did. Did he leave because he knew it was over and was unable to tell us?

2) The MTV "no longer with us" bit at the VMA's. Do they really know something?

3) There hasn't even been so much as a rumor for a few weeks now. Is it because the source of some of the rumors (Dave) is out?

I'm not saying that I believe that Dave's out of the band. These are just some thoughts that crossed my mind. They may be a reach, but they're not any more far-fetched than some of the reasons we've used to "prove" that Dave is back with VH.

It seems that no one is disputing the fact that VH and Dave did in fact reunite. The only concern I have at this point is whether he's STILL with the band.

------------------
    "Big double-take but 'ya keep on walkin', I'm in love..."
    --DLR, So This Is Love

"That's the thing about self-improvement. Don't get me wrong, I plan to get some soon"
    --DLR, Can't Get This Stuff No More

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Some good points Bassman. You may be onto something then again you may not.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

At this point Bassman, who the hell knows.
    You do have some valid observations. It could be a coincidence or it could mean the end of VH. As usual, we don't know squat because 'no news is good news'.

------------------
    May the Phoenix that is Van Halen rise again!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's so easy for all of us to look at the positives (interviews, statements, rumors) because we all want the same thing, Dave back.

Now, if we were looking at things without any bias feelings, I think we would all consider Bassman's statements and say, yeah, you're right, things don't look very good.

In the spirit of Bassman playing devil's advocate, I'd like to add some more ideas (just to stir the pot up a littttlllllleeee bit more

1) Brad changing the choice of words from "fully signed by the band" to ust "autographed" on the OVHW.... there had to be a reason, not just for the fact that us fans read into every flippin word in print

2) Promotion....the fact that we have heard the rumor that Dave is back for, how long now, maybe a year or so, and not one official word from the VH camp doesn't sound too good either. On the contrary, I can see how the "silent" treatment, fuel the fire with rumors can definitely hype up interest at the beginning, but come on, this long?

I want Dave back...I really do. But, I gotta tell you, I'm getting disheartened.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

actually...sherman has only been gone for a few weeks now. there are still some people who are fortunate enough to still speak with him

the rumor mill has been quiet because the band took the summer off. some of the guys have families and just can't go great guns all the time. there is a lot that has to be done personally before they can get this whole thing off the ground. the guys cannot just pack their bags for a world tour and leave the families behind

about mtv...i would not put any stock in what they say. they know no more than we do at this point. look at their programming...it speaks for itself. i would not consider them credible.

but hey, don't worry man i think we all think of something every now and then.

the sammy quote is odd though, but you have to remember something. sammy said he was told or heard those rumors. as long as it is not from the band themselves, it is second hand information. so as far as i can see....we're still on for march....i hope..

JMJ

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If Dave isn't in the band (and isn't going to be) why wouldn't they just announce it? It's not like that announcement would make a huge difference in the sales of the remasters. They're so poorly promoted that they aren't going to sell that well anyway.

I think both sides are going to reunite if they have to kill each other to do it. VH is in a very precarious spot with their career with their last album falling well below expectations. And Dave's last album and tour has to have opened his eyes to the fact that without VH playing behind him, his rock star days are well behind him.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, does anyone remember the rumor that both VH and Dave were going to see counselor? Does anyone know if there was any truth to that?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

the hardknockz rumor??

JMJ

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LTLDREAMER:
    Hey, does anyone remember the rumor that both VH and Dave were going to see counselor? Does anyone know if there was any truth to that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>According to Dave's book, the last time he saw a counselor there was a bit of a baseball incident. Hope if they saw a counselor, he/she was wearing a cup.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hardknocks?....well, I guess that answers that question.

In the immortal words of Emily Latella...."nevermind"

quote from counselor "strike three...you're outta here!".....ooooh, too ironic.

[This message has been edited by LTLDREAMER (edited September 20, 2000 at 10:30 AM).]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bassman, those are fairly keen observations on your part. Still, I'm fed up with us fans been reduced to concocting all sorts of elaborate theories as to what's goin' on. Yeah! I know we have no choice but to wait but enough is enough! Unfortunately, I think legal matters are what's holdin' this thing up.

------------------
    I'm the one who makes the tiger go 'way for ya, and I'm the one who brings 'im back out when ya least expect it!
    David Lee Roth, NBC's Friday Night Videos, 1985

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bassman-Been saying that all along, not one single solitary bit of proof Roth is back other than the "Roth Army's" speculation and logic that comes from this forum. If you think what it would take for them to record a new CD and the people that are involved, not one shred of evidance, not one leak, not one picture of Roth going into 5150. It's not probable. ANd the excuse that VH doesn't command that type of attention anymore is B.S. I would bet that a picture absolutley linking Roth with VH would command at least 25K for a Poperotzie worm.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Depends on what day it is
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haahaa can you say D-E-N-I-A-L Vince?

Even if (God forbid) they do not finish what they've started...they have been working together. Trust me on that.

------------------
    "It's all over but the SHOUTING...
    I've come to take what's mine!"

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glenn, you said if Dave was not in the band why don't they just annouce it. I don't remember them saying he was at all back in the band, so what is there to announce?

I think that Sammy is on to something, I'm sure he still as good sources well within the band, if not a certain bass player.

As far as the band taking the summer off, they have had almost two years off as far as I'm concerned, they are done.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

vince, if you knew how much money Van Halen would stand to make with this thing, you too would believe..............

------------------
    "Do you believe??
    Tell me you believe!"-Me Wise Magic

Eat us and Smile por favor~!

VH files--The truth IS out there..

www.dlrarmy.com
    www.houseofhain.com