Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems like whenever the topic of unreleased VH video comes up all I ever hear about is Oakland 81. I've read several books that the 80 Uk tour was filmed. And I've listened to some boots from the US shows where Dave brings out the camera men... Maybe this has been covered in the forums before??? I'm just curious. I can't remember THE INSIDE covering this either. I wish one interviewer would ask Dave or Ed where the fuck this footage is. Give us a reunion or give us this video..

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just another case of ED and ALEX shitting on the fans. Alex has soundboards and Pro-shot video of most of The VH concerts...yet he/ED won't release it.

Way to deny the fans boys...you are masters at it.
    banned 3x

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is rumored that they are such perfectionists that they wouldn't allow any film to be released that would make them look less than perfect. That still doesn't explain the 1996 MTV interview that Ed and Al did. They looked like bitter assholes. Read my sig line...Alex looks like an idiot. It also doesn't explain III. They seemed to assume we the fans and others would buy an album that didn't even sound like VH. It was subpar. So, maybe the rumor that they are perfectionists only applies to convenient situations.

I have been a big fan of the band for a long time now, but the band really has done some shitty things to the fans. I call a spade a spade.
    As far as the old footage goes...they are sitting on hundreds of tapes or whatever that could be a goldmine for them and the fans. Couple that with the existence of all the file swapping sites and you have a problem. They know they have a goldmine, but they certainly wouldn't want to give it away. Maybe when the courts clear up things or the record companies figure out that the consumer doesn't want to buy a whole record for just one good song or even take a chance on buying a cd full of crap, we will have more entertainment available at a decent price. If you ask anyone, they'll tell you that 20 bucks for a cd seems a little rediculous these days. My opinion is that the record companies should push for quality music out of their artists rather than gimics and fillers. Unfortunately, for too long, they have just been trying to screw the consumers. The record companies aren't the only ones to blame. The artists should know better too. But too often the bands go in with just ideas and have to finish them up in the studio and then record and then mix and master the final product. It seems silly to me that bands take up to a year or more to make an album. It seems like it would be cheaper to rent out a storage area and practice there for a year and then go in and knock the project out in a month or two. Studio time is expensive. The entertainment industry seems to be the only one not really concerned with productivity. Oh well!!
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

07.08.15 @ 12:21 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

I dont understand why bands like the Who, Led Zepplin, Kiss, etc. don't release old concert footage. I know a lot of older farts like myself would be the first in line at "Sam Goodies" or "Best Buy" to get them. You would think after all the bootlegging that goes on, bands could easily put an end to it buy release the material. Van Halen could really profit by putting it on their official web site and let you view if for a 20$ subscription fee to their website.
    "Who would ever believe a little dutch boy could create such a ruccous"

- Eddie Van Halen

Check out my band "Modern Relic" on youtube and Facebook

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    It is rumored that they are such perfectionists that they wouldn't allow any film to be released that would make them look less than perfect.
    I've never understood why they worried about this. If this stuff from 20 years ago is not perfect, soooooo what? Van Halen at half perfection is better than most bands' at full perfection. This is the kind of attitude that Dave talks about that is missing from Van Halen. It used to be just about "fun". It's almost like they don't want people to know that they used to party and carry on bad, all those years ago. Come 'on guys, nobody's gonna judge ya.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Halenizer:
    I dont understand why bands like the Who, Led Zepplin, Kiss, etc. don't release old concert footage. I know a lot of older farts like myself would be the first in line at "Sam Goodies" or "Best Buy" to get them. You would think after all the bootlegging that goes on, bands could easily put an end to it buy release the material. Van Halen could really profit by putting it on their official web site and let you view if for a 20$ subscription fee to their website.
    There is rumor that Led Zep Will produce a three DVD set.
    http://www.dvdinside.de/archiv/0802/120802-11.htm
    http://www.musikvideoforum.de/
    Yeah those are German Pages but you get the drift.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Halenizer:
    I dont understand why bands like the Who, Led Zepplin, Kiss, etc. don't release old concert footage. I know a lot of older farts like myself would be the first in line at "Sam Goodies" or "Best Buy" to get them.
    </font>[/QUOTE]There was a thread about this at The Velvet Rope - it looks like by Christmas there will be some really nice Zep video coming out. There will finally be an officially released version of the professionally filmed show they did at Donnington in '79, some stuff from '69 (their best, tightest and most stellar period IMHO - check out the BBC Radio version of Immigrant Song for example).

There was a version of the 1979 Wall tour that was shot professionally and they should digitally fix the lighting in that and get it out - it was one of the most ambitious rock shows ever toured! The only group or artist to rival their staunch work ethic would be Peter Gabriel, in my opinion. But Gabriel has a live DVD out too!

So why no Halen? Why is it so hard for those guys to bite the bullet, get the video editing software out and put out some matterial from Eddie's most vibrant and technically pronounced period? The market is there, they already professionally shot all kinds of things on the Women and Children first tour..so why not??

i am badkaraoke
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    I dont understand why bands like the Who, Led Zepplin, Kiss, etc. don't release old concert footage. I know a lot of older farts like myself would be the first in line at "Sam Goodies" or "Best Buy" to get them.
    </font>[/QUOTE]There was a thread about this at The Velvet Rope - it looks like by Christmas there will be some really nice Zep video coming out. There will finally be an officially released version of the professionally filmed show they did at Donnington in '79, some stuff from '69 (their best, tightest and most stellar period IMHO - check out the BBC Radio version of Immigrant Song for example).

There was a version of the 1979 Wall tour that was shot professionally and they should digitally fix the lighting in that and get it out - it was one of the most ambitious rock shows ever toured! The only group or artist to rival their staunch work ethic would be Peter Gabriel, in my opinion. But Gabriel has a live DVD out too!

So why no Halen? Why is it so hard for those guys to bite the bullet, get the video editing software out and put out some matterial from Eddie's most vibrant and technically pronounced period? The market is there, they already professionally shot all kinds of things on the Women and Children first tour..so why not??

i am badkaraoke
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, you're an idiot.

Yes, I've read the rumors about the DVD set. Yeah, it would be great if IMMIGRANT SONG was on the set...a 1970 tour opener, not 1969. The band never played Donnington, it was Knebworth. And I have the show. It kinda sucks...especially compared to their earlier tours. Every Zep fan knows that the best Zep shows ever are probably Earl's Court 1975.

The Wall tour was 1980. It was performed by a little band called PINK FLOYD. Actually, it wasn't really a tour...it was a few shows.

Yes, it would be nice to see a WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST tour video. Will we? I doubt it. Van Halen are insane. THE WHO and KISS have been pretty good about old concert footage, but an entire video from one older tour? Not really. But if the WACF thing was actually captured on film and not video, then I have high hopes for the quality. Actual film is much better.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Rikk:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    </font>[/QUOTE]So why no Halen? Why is it so hard for those guys to bite the bullet, get the video editing software out and put out some matterial from Eddie's most vibrant and technically pronounced period? The market is there, they already professionally shot all kinds of things on the Women and Children first tour..so why not??

i am badkaraoke
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, you're an idiot.

Yes, I've read the rumors about the DVD set. Yeah, it would be great if IMMIGRANT SONG was on the set...a 1970 tour opener, not 1969. The band never played Donnington, it was Knebworth. And I have the show. It kinda sucks...especially compared to their earlier tours. Every Zep fan knows that the best Zep shows ever are probably Earl's Court 1975.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Firstly, I referred to the 1969 era zep as being a PERIOD (you know, PERIOD like the one you are obviously having you sad sack of shit), and it's my favourite Zep period, so fucking sue me for having an opinion - the playing gets sloppy and the band's intensity dies slowly through the seventies. And yes it WAS Knebworth, you are RIGHT! But hey, kiss my ass for being such a dink about minor facts. Trivia suits you - you are after all, trivial.

The Wall tour was 1980. It was performed by a little band called PINK FLOYD. Actually, it wasn't really a tour...it was a few shows.
    Do you want a medal for knowing that the wall was an album by Pink Floyd??! Dude, I've played in a band that did a multimedia presentation of the wall - I could "wall" you to death. Don't tell me about The Wall! Jesus christ man, arcane??

It was a handfull of shows, not "a few". It was toured in major North American cities. And it was 1980 - not 1979. My error, but once again, hey - I was off by a year? Sorry, chief. Get well soon.

Yes, it would be nice to see a WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST tour video. Will we? I doubt it. Van Halen are insane. THE WHO and KISS have been pretty good about old concert footage, but an entire video from one older tour? Not really.
    And the one word answer to this question? Roth!

But if the WACF thing was actually captured on film and not video, then I have high hopes for the quality. Actual film is much better.
    Good for you, slappy - an opinion, just like mine. Why you think yours is worth more is beyond me, but who fucking cares? You have a chip on your shoulder and it's named badkaraoke. Kiss my ass.

i am badkaraoke.

[ August 17, 2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: badkaraoke ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can't really compare this to Zep. There is plenty already out there, Seattle 77, Earls Court 75, Knebworth,, yes the quality is lacking but the shows are out there if you look. And The Who released the isle of wight show. The only real pro-shot VH stuff is all from Diver Down. As far as some complete show stuff from 78-81 there is nothing worth watching.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It would be awesome if Van Rothin' released a live show from the Womenz and Chitlinz Tour '80 an' included backstage antics, soundcheck incl a unplugged set, interviews with Diamond Dave and King Edward, an rare jams from the whole tour hmmm hmmm hmmm ALL RIGHTEE that would be a mighty, mighty video y'all dig?????? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    It would be awesome if Van Rothin' released a live show from the Womenz and Chitlinz Tour '80 an' included backstage antics, soundcheck incl a unplugged set, interviews with Diamond Dave and King Edward, an rare jams from the whole tour hmmm hmmm hmmm ALL RIGHTEE that would be a mighty, mighty video y'all dig?????? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Damn mighty video. Of course, BadJoke would not appreciate it because it doesn't have his favorite ex-popular hippie singing, but we all know how small his brain is.

I would love a WACF tour video.

As for Zeppelin, I've just heard that the band is releasing a 3 DVD set this Christmas: Royal Albert Hall '70, Earl's Court '75, and Knebworth '79. I can't wait. The first two concerts are amazing!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Rikk:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    Damn mighty video. Of course, BadJoke would not appreciate it because it doesn't have his favorite ex-popular hippie singing, but we all know how small his brain is.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Roftard Rikki, this is getting sad. What's all the resentment for, anyway? No one cares about you or your pathetic little war on the internet.

You're just a typical roftard, you enjoy hating sammy a lot more than you actually like Dave. To make it worse you're an adult male who isn't smart enough to move out of Burlington, which our American friends can think of as being a low-rent peodophile wonderland, with more joe-shmoe roftard welfare cases than you can shake a stick at. You're white trash and I guess you think I'm the garbageman?

I'll say this: I enjoy my Dave era Van Halen records and CD's over-all more than my Sammy records and CD's. Anyone who is barely literate around here knows this though. You seem to have a need for challenge in your life - as though you weren't challenged enough in the first place??!

In fact, it's becoming kind of gay...it's like every post you make these days is like "look at me badkaraoke! I'm just as smart as you are! Really, I am! No kidding! "... and well, that's sort of pedantic and TRIVIAL , isn't it? Couldn't you just spark up a conversation with the mailman or your parole officer?

bk

[ August 18, 2002, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: badkaraoke ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rikk:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    </font>[/QUOTE]Roftard Rikki, this is getting sad. What's all the resentment for, anyway? No one cares about you or your pathetic little war on the internet.

You're just a typical roftard, you enjoy hating sammy a lot more than you actually like Dave. To make it worse you're an adult male who isn't smart enough to move out of Burlington, which our American friends can think of as being a low-rent peodophile wonderland, with more joe-shmoe roftard welfare cases than you can shake a stick at. You're white trash and I guess you think I'm the garbageman?

I'll say this: I enjoy my Dave era Van Halen records and CD's over-all more than my Sammy records and CD's. Anyone who is barely literate around here knows this though. You seem to have a need for challenge in your life - as though you weren't challenged enough in the first place??!

In fact, it's becoming kind of gay...it's like every post you make these days is like "look at me badkaraoke! I'm just as smart as you are! Really, I am! No kidding! "... and well, that's sort of pedantic and TRIVIAL , isn't it? Couldn't you just spark up a conversation with the mailman or your parole officer?

bk
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you done with your whining yet? "Why are you always picking on me, Rikk? Why are you always picking on me, you...Roftard?" God, quit calling Mommy and get over the fact that you're not liked. Actually, I wouldn't even take it that far. You're the occasional source of typed mumbo jumbo on a fan forum. Your posts may be the worst I see here. But in terms of mattering, you're six beers short of a six pack!

It's funny that I almost never see you here. It's even sadder that you must point out in posts once in a while that this is a side thing for you and that you (unlike everyone else) have a life. And what's the line about anyone who's barely literate around here? Who actually knows or cares what you do at this forum?

As for your Burlington quotes, what the hell town are you describing? Burlington sure isn't a white trash town. I'd be surprised if you actually have heard of it. Oh well, continue to lie. The interest for me has waned.

I criticized you because your points are stupid. Do you know that in this forum, when people do that, it's okay. It does not mean that you should e-mail and ponder the question of why I keep bugging poor little BadKa...whatever the fuck your name is. No, I will not come to your home and beat up your Mommy. Dude, be man enough to admit that we don't like each other, but that's okay. How's that sound? If you need to reply back with another poorly-structued flame fest, go right ahead. I won't bother replying...you're boring. Again, prove me wrong. But I know you can't help but write something back. Kind of itches, doesn't it? You NEED to reply to me. LOL!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Whatever dude, seriously. You have issues.

bk