On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hell, I don't think I or anyone else on this site has ever been this depressed about the future of VH. Grant looks like he's ready to call it a day with his site (STILL the fist place I go to when I turn on the computer), Brad is....being Brad, there are petitions going around that will probably be never seen by anyone in the band, and everyone seems to be in a downer.

Tell us that story again, might cheer us up, give us a little hope.
    "So who died and made YOU David Lee Roth???"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure I'd be happy to.

I went to Bonspeed with the sole purpose of asking MA what was goin on, the doors opened at 6:30 I was there at 6:00 and there was not really much of a crowd, when the doors opened MA was standing in the back room Bonspeed where 2 cars were on display, I stood a few feet from MA while about 20 people lined up to talk to him, again I was well within listening distance, the first few couples that talked to him all asked *the* question and each one was told the same thing CD in the spring and they would probably tour before it comes out.
    I heard it from MA's mouth at least 4 times that night and at least twice I heard about a solo project with Sammy Hagar, after about 30 minutes the line moved to a counter where he had 2 basses on display one was a raffle give a way the other was one of his custom built jobs.
    when it was my turn to talk to him I said hi and that I was a big fan and "what's goin on with the band ? " I already knew the answer but I wanted to be told to my face myself he said they "would have a cd out in the spring", and "that they would tour before that," then I asked "who's singing Sam?", his reply ws "Nope" Daves going to do it this time" then he said the Lawyers stopped everything and that is what has taken so long.
    that is it in a nut shell, other than the fact that it came from MA himself I have no proof that he wasn't lying to me, but I do to this day stand behind my story and I won't change a word, that is what was said plain and simple no doubt about it and Brad Starks can fuck off [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    later,
    Rol.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    and Brad Starks can fuck off [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

Very, very bad PR on Van Halen's behalf. Some people might say "Don't shoot the messenger." But why does the messenger have to be such a douche bag...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah brad is a bit of a Kurac Glava !!!
    "Jebe Ga"

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sure I'd be happy to.

I went to Bonspeed with the sole purpose of asking MA what was goin on, the doors opened at 6:30 I was there at 6:00 and there was not really much of a crowd, when the doors opened MA was standing in the back room Bonspeed where 2 cars were on display, I stood a few feet from MA while about 20 people lined up to talk to him, again I was well within listening distance, the first few couples that talked to him all asked *the* question and each one was told the same thing CD in the spring and they would probably tour before it comes out.
    I heard it from MA's mouth at least 4 times that night and at least twice I heard about a solo project with Sammy Hagar, after about 30 minutes the line moved to a counter where he had 2 basses on display one was a raffle give a way the other was one of his custom built jobs.
    when it was my turn to talk to him I said hi and that I was a big fan and "what's goin on with the band ? " I already knew the answer but I wanted to be told to my face myself he said they "would have a cd out in the spring", and "that they would tour before that," then I asked "who's singing Sam?", his reply ws "Nope" Daves going to do it this time" then he said the Lawyers stopped everything and that is what has taken so long.
    that is it in a nut shell, other than the fact that it came from MA himself I have no proof that he wasn't lying to me, but I do to this day stand behind my story and I won't change a word, that is what was said plain and simple no doubt about it and Brad Starks can fuck off [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    later,
    Rol.
    <hr></blockquote>

Thanks a lot man.

Dave is saying NOTHING, his most recent radio interviews have him saying they 'hate' each other but 'inevitable' it will happen.

Eddie kinda tells the same story as Mike, as far as the Lawyers anyway.

You say Mike said that "Daves gonna do it this time" - did he mean Dave is gonna record the album?, or did he mean the album's in the can and that he's going to tour "this time"?
    "So who died and made YOU David Lee Roth???"

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Brad Starks can fuck off [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Imagine this user name: FOBS

Fuck
    Off
    Brad
    Starks

"It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not sure what he meant by saying that, there was no voice inflection or anything he said it just kinda normal like he said everything else.
    later,
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 16,572 Times in 9,399 Posts

The fact that Mike said "Dave is going to do it THIS time" sure makes it look like Dave is the one holding things up. Combine Mike's above statement with the following statements which were made last summer:

EVH, when talking about the reunion, saying something to the effect of "It's not up to me. It really isn't."

Valerie, when asked if Dave would be rejoining VH, saying something like "We hope so."

I believe the ball is in Dave's court. So what exactly is the sticking point between Van Halen and Dave? Here are some possibilities:

(1) Money: Does Dave really want 50%? Is Van Halen even offering him 25%?

(2) Control: Does Dave have any say over musical direction? Is Eddie unhappy with Dave's lyrics? Will Van Halen make Dave a permanent member of the band?

(3) The Live Show: Do Ed, Al and Mike want Dave to do songs from the Sammy and Gary eras? Would Dave rather be tag-teamed by Whoopi and Oprah? Do they want Dave to tone down his stage antics and profanity?

These are just a few of the possible reasons for this ridiculous delay. I do believe something will break before EVH's 47th birthday on 1/26/02.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Master Joe:

Thanks a lot man.

Dave is saying NOTHING, his most recent radio interviews have him saying they 'hate' each other but 'inevitable' it will happen.

Eddie kinda tells the same story as Mike, as far as the Lawyers anyway.

You say Mike said that "Daves gonna do it this time" - did he mean Dave is gonna record the album?, or did he mean the album's in the can and that he's going to tour "this time"?
    <hr></blockquote>

Dave never said they "hate" each other, he said..."we don't like each other,"....

here is the whole quote...
    http://www.vhnd.net/articles/011116-02.shtml

P: We toil in the shadow of the Frog. Dave before we let you go, I've had, if I've had one question this morning when I mentioned that, uh, I was gonna be chatting with you, I have had a thousand calls that have come in, they're all excited to see you, but people, uh, the rumors have been swirling so much back and forth and back and forth about, uh, the possibility that, uh, you and the, uh, guys in Van Halen will reunite, I would be neglect in my journalistic duty, if I did not ask you for an update, I even heard there's an album that's recorded in the can somewhere.

DLR: There is no album that's recorded in the can, but I did a few songs with the fellas about 18 months ago, which is metric for a year and a half, and the songs were stellar, the music was superb. We haven't had any real contact with each other there because we don't like each other, Pierre, and that makes for some very colorful sparks, all right, you don't hire us to be the family, this is not the Partridges here all right, and when you have worlds colliding, you have combustible, retina busting, mind roasting music, OK? And I've got to admit, and got to say that it's inevitable, that there would be a reunion, it's one of the most hotly anticipated reunions in the history of the sport, OK? And, uh, as you can tell, my surgically implanted disco beats is tunes to 138 a minute, and uh, we're ready to lift, at some point in time and I wouldn't be surprised if it was relatively soon, on our lifetime while our clothing is still in style hopefully! While we're all young and good looking, huh homeboy!

P: So you're open to the idea?

DLR: Always have been, uh, hey, ya know it's like my Dad said, always told me, "Don't be humble, you're not that good."

P: But there's no new, uh, last I heard was there was a bunch of lawyers involved, so is there any, any chance it could happen soon if it did happen or what would be the next step I guess would be what I'd ask?

DLR: The next step would be stay tuned and you'll be the first one I tell when the right thing happens.

P: All right, I thank you David, and uh.

DLR: Pierre, God bless and I'm looking forward to seeing you alarmingly soon!

P: Yes, in just a few days in fact, a week from Wednesday, you will be here in Philadelphia and uh, we so look forward to you and the band comin' out and rocking as only one man can. Ladies and gentlemen, the great showman himself, with a red hot band, getting incredible reviews, rippin' up the stage at the Spectrum, Diamond David Lee Roth.

Jump starts

DLR: Vrooom! Start your engines!

P: Thank you, sir.

Jump plays

[ January 13, 2002 at 02:50 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Rols, I believe what you say Mike said and also think we will get some news and new music the first half of this year. I've always thought they would tour during the summer when Wolfie and the other kids are out of school. Maybe some weekend shows before then.

And I can't blame Rols for being upset with what was said by Brad about Rol's and FullbusAZ's posts after they talked to Mike. But everyone else is just wasting energy burnin' on Brad constantly. Brett runs a hell of a site, but could he do any better with an Official site given the same parameters that Brad has to run his site by? Could anyone of you people who constantly cut Brad down do it any better? Instead of slaggin' on him every shot you get, why not start a post and list how you would handle it differently.

Brad has never wronged me and I am a Dome regular when it's up. And yeah, that's another strong suit of this site, it's always up, and props to Brett for having it that way. If Brad had to say what he said for whatever reasons he did, and it winds up we get what Mike actually said, a VH reunion, I can deal with Brad having to tell us otherwise. At least try to remember the real reason we're here is VH's music, and without that, we all get sidetracked from time to time. If Dave is back and Brad is the person many of you claim he is, his tenure will be a short one as Dave won'thave any part of it.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rols is not lying. And I think Brad is an asshole. I sent him an e-mail asking him when we will hear something, and he didn't have the fucking decency to reply. He can kiss my ass.

If the band suddenly makes an announcement now, we will all kiss their asses and salivate. But I've got a lot of friends who have lost interest in Van Halen. Eddie Van Halen is a psychotic, and leaving any major decisions in his hand is a mistake.

The damage has been done. We will NOT be hearing anything soon.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WARHEAD:
    Brett runs a hell of a site, but could he do any better with an Official site given the same parameters that Brad has to run his site by? <hr></blockquote>

What constraints are those? Has he been told he must continually over-promise and under-deliever, or are those just his personality traits?

Brad has resources that no one else in the VH web community has. There are unique opportunities to be found for a webdesigner in his position. Granted, VH likely controls the content of the site. But they certainly allow him to determine the form. Besides access to a wealth of VH info for the site, he has something no other VH webmaster has: paid time to work on the site.

That's what pisses me off. He spends his time duplicating functionality that this and other boards provide (and provide far better, in my opinion) rather than delivering unique VH content to VH fans. The VH.com site as it stands is a waste of potential.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't agree more.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dan Halen:

Imagine this user name: FOBS

Fuck
    Off
    Brad
    Starks
    <hr></blockquote>

You know what Dan....There WAS someone named FOBS at the Pleasure Dome! It's a wonder he/she didn't get banned
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lead Synth:

You know what Dan....There WAS someone named FOBS at the Pleasure Dome! It's a wonder he/she didn't get banned
    <hr></blockquote>

Delusions of eloquence