Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok, i'm just asking. what is all this stuff about van halen dying? they are not gone yet, they may be fading away gently or just being plain rude to their "remaining" fans.
    But People, we can still talk about the stuff we always talk about, classic van halen, sammy era and sometimes even gary era. But everyones quitting this board and stuff? ? I just really don't get it, am i the only one that feels that vh has unfinished business? Am i the only one the doesn't think they are gone yet?
    Something is happening, i do believe, but i don't know what.. i mean dave making a new album, probably means that van halen is not going to get back together, but i think we'll survive.
    even if they get another singer, i will still thinks it van halen, just with a different voice. but it will be the same music behind the singer. But i honestly think that if they get a 4th singer they will look sort of like a joke, you know.. - MS
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Van Halen we all knew is DOA, as in Dead on Arrival.
    From now on - it's all about their legacy.
    LightBulb5150<br />I bring things to light.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mean_Street:
    ok, i'm just asking. what is all this stuff about van halen dying? they are not gone yet, they may be fading away gently or just being plain rude to their "remaining" fans.
    But People, we can still talk about the stuff we always talk about, classic van halen, sammy era and sometimes even gary era. But everyones quitting this board and stuff? ? I just really don't get it, am i the only one that feels that vh has unfinished business? Am i the only one the doesn't think they are gone yet?
    Something is happening, i do believe, but i don't know what.. i mean dave making a new album, probably means that van halen is not going to get back together, but i think we'll survive.
    even if they get another singer, i will still thinks it van halen, just with a different voice. but it will be the same music behind the singer. But i honestly think that if they get a 4th singer they will look sort of like a joke, you know.. - MS
    I don't mean any disrespect.....but a lot of us "longtime linkers" have disucussed just about everything Van Halen.....what else can you talk about? There's no longer this "soap opera" going on with DLR vs. Sammy vs. Van Halen.......what else is their to talk about.....I know every freakin' cover, bootleg and live version of a tune....I own every album.....I have a Wolgang and a 5150.....my kids middle name is "Halen".......I've just about had my fill of something that's meant so much to me and my life. I just wish there was an announcemnt from the band announcing that after all of these years of great music......"we're calling in quits."

I just think it sucks that such a great band had to end it this way.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

They are not over yet.
    I know it, if they where giving up they would let us know.
    Be Patient, I know it's hard but we have to.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just think it sucks that such a great band had to end it this way.
    It's better to burn out than fade away. And things are fading fast.
    LightBulb5150<br />I bring things to light.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wonder if any optimism is justified for Van Halen coming back in any form or if it is all just pointless... I mean, optimists could have stood on the deck of the Titanic and said: "This ship is to great to sink, it won't happen..."
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Make no mistake, Van Halen is in fact dead as of now. How else could you possibly classify them? If you can't accept that fact, I'm sorry, but you're just simply in denial at this point. However, that having been said, just because they are in fact "dead" doesn't mean that they can't "rise from the grave". Which of course we all hope happens. Personaly though, I'm just trying to look at this whole thing as realistically as possible. Of course emotionally I don't won't to face it, but unfortunately, when you logically consider all the current facts, it becomes undeniable. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Look at it this way, if it were any other band, singer, etc. who you didn't like, and the situation was the exact same, with all of the same things that have happened the last few years, what would you be saying?
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Going to send this to the Opinions forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]