On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yup, another post for the schmucks out there who feel like VH hasnt influenced or inspired any of the newer groups. It's funny anyone would believe that rockers, new or old, dont know VH?!?!
    I was over at the great metal-sludge.com site and found a 20 questions with Deron Miller. He is the singer of a new rock band called CKY. Pretty cool band. Real rock, no 'mad at dad' lyrics or crap like that.

CKY is currently opening for the new Guns n' Roses Axl put together.(Buckethead, the mad genius playing guitar for the new Guns, is also another dude who lists VH as a major influence). Oh, and the drummer for CKY is Jess Margera, brother of Bam Margera from the crazy JACKASS tv show!

Well anyhow, here is what CKY singer Deron Miller said when asked about different rock singers and they asked him about Diamond David Lee Roth.
    They asked him to rate rock singers on a scale of 1-10, 1 being somebody who sounds like they gargle razor blades and 10 being a vocal GOD. Deron rated Dave an 8 and said-

"Dave is another guy I admire. He plays by his own rules. It's his world. He's legendary and it's impossible to not somewhat appreciate his contribution to Hard Rock & Metal."-Deron Miller

Also, they asked Tom Morello of Rage/Audioslave to rate guitarists on a scale of 1-10, 1 being a hack and 10 a virtuoso. They asked him about Eddie VH. Tom simply said "Um, that dude's probably a 10"... The only 10 he handed out to any player he was asked about by the way.

Yea, add to that the dudes from System Of A Down, Incubus, The Deftones, Creed and many others are all VH heads too and maybe some dudes will stop smoking crack and realize VH's influence is timeless... Deal with it.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN II
    Favorite VH Song

MINE ALL MINE
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, add to that the dudes from System Of A Down, Incubus, The Deftones, Creed and many others are all VH heads too and maybe some dudes will stop smoking crack and realize VH's influence is timeless... Deal with it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

AMEN!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Doesn't this fall into the "What is understood need not be discussed"...category...?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, we already know all of this about Van Halen. It's pretty old news now that DLR is a legendary frontman and EVH is a viruoso. CKY kicks ASS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

I'm glad to hear that VH is still influencing younger bands these days. Hopefully, I will never have to hear, "Who is Eddie Van Halen?".
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to knock Dave or anything, but I don't think he deserves to be rated an "8" on a scale of 1 to 10. Sometimes (especially live) he does actually sound like he's gargling razor blades. Dave is not a vocal "God". What made Dave special was his charismatic approach to music, his high energy spirit, and his ability to work the crowd (similar to the way a ringmaster may work the crowd at a circus). Like I said, I'm not knocking Dave by any means, but to list him as a "vocal God", is simply innacurate.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Many new Rock Bands know about Van Halen. Particularly if the lead guitarist has at any stage had aspirations of playing solo's. Its only natural to seek the greats of the past to learn from. Ed's name is etched in history, as far as the guitar world is concerned. With aspiring guitarists wanting to learn from the greats, naturally they will seek some of Van Halen's music and ultimately play it to their bandmates.

In fact I would be more surprised if a young Guitar based Rock band said they knew nothing about Van Halen.

If Ed was never to record again, it wouldnt matter, he has already written his name in Guitar history. No doubt about it.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, everyone has rough live gig. I own bootlegs of the mighty Freddy Merucry & Queen where Freddy's voice was shredded. But I know what ya mean Cobra. Dave aint a major singer by any stretch. Remember, if he had given him a 10 that woulda meant Vocal God. Deron gave Dave an 8, which sounds about right to me, especially considering him overall as a frontman. I woulda rated Dave a 7-8 personally.
    Dave wasnt a great singer by any stretch but he did have a gravelly whiskey & cigarretes laden howl that isnt so easily duplicated.. lol
    Kinda like a used car salesman meets Jim Dandy meets California skater dude...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Badabing, I can see your point. Once again, I'm not bashing Dave. In fact, the early VH era IS my favorite, though I do like Sam as well. Gary, well I loved him in Extreme, but what happened on III? I guess we'll never know.