Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.04.12 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even if Dave came back on a new album and everything worked out like we wanted for a reunion, do you think that VH would just be grouped in with all the other old band comebacks like Styx, REO Speedwagon, KISS, etc.? I know we know there is a difference and we would buy into it, but generally, I just think they won't make any waves at all. They aren't manufactured enough.

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

No matter what, there would be a huge nostalgia factor because that's the angle that the media would approach it from. The media is much more likely to hype it by talking about the bands' past than their present or future. That will foster an image of nostalgia.

And a large part of nostalgia comes from the perspective that the fans bring with them. I have to think that a large portion of the people that would attend a VH reunion show would be casual fans who wouldn't even be interested in a new album unless it had a bonifide hit on it. Therefore, their reaction is going to be keyed around the hits (Jump, Panama etc), further fostering the nostalgia angle. I don't think there's any question that the tour is likely to do much better business than the album.

What should keep it from being entirely percieved that way will be the presentation of new material. If VH tries to keep a balanced show, with plenty of new material, they'll appear more current than if they take the easy way out and just play the hits.

I'm gonna send this over to the Opinions/Speculation forum to try and light a fire under it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 06, 2001 at 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Glenn ]</p>