Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

05.03.05 @ 09:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if someone already posted this, I must have missed it - I searched the forums and haven't seen this topic anywhere.

davidleeroth.com updated it's pictures - and this time they kinda tell a story...basically that Dave has poured over a million dollars of his own money into this "revolutionary" new kind of video / music production he is doing.

It also says he spent the holidays "..editing another 60 minutes of his ground breaking work..."

it all sounds weird to me, but definitely sounds like he is going forth on some new thing without Van-Halen.

this is just too weird...

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How do you know if he's not doing this with or for Van Halen? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.04.17 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    How do you know if he's not doing this with or for Van Halen? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Because he coughed up one million dollars of his own money for the project. Wouldn't need to do this unless it was DLR solo project. A Van Halen project would not need to be self-financed.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Aww, its all a smokescreen !! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very doubtful it's a smokescreen.

There are some pretty credible sources out there that corraborate the work on other material. That's not to say that the only thing without ANY SOURCES...A Classic VH reunion isn't in the works somewhere hidden from everyone.

Unfortunately, it may be hidden from the band members themselves.
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It could be for his forthcoming DVD.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you people so blinded by what you want to see the writing on the wall? Dave has a solo album in the can and is working on some crazy videos for some of the songs, does that sound like a VH reunion? Dave said it's inevitable, and I think he meant VH will have to come back to him if they ever want to put VH on top again. I don't think he meant something was about to break, that he is working with them or that they are even talking. I think he would drop everything if Ed called, but Ed hasn't, so life goes on.

[ January 04, 2002 at 07:05 AM: Message edited by: BrownSound5150 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Isn't that what I alluded to?

I could essentially bet my wad on a DLR Band album at some point.

We all know about the DVD...so it's obvious that Dave is working on his own.

Plain...and simple. Where VH fits into all this that Dave's doing is anyone's guess. But you know...and I know...that you don't just THROW AWAY a million bucks...no matter how much you have...and how much you could get.

Dave isn't...ISN'T talking about a VH project. He thinks that somewhere down the line there may be...but not at the time of his statement...or his site reupping...

That's just my take...not like I know anything.
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, and by the way...I totally disagree with the "drop everything if Ed called" statements. Maybe at some different points throughout all this bullshit...but...not now...

I think before Dave "moved on," after waiting a bit of time...that yeah...he would have jumped. I think that, right now...that game is over.
    EUAS

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andy at Melodicrock.com told me that his sources said that Dave gave Eddie an ultimatum and that he didn't expect a reunion any time soon. What probably happened was Dave said you have until such and such a date to agree to my terms or I'm moving on with my solo career.

My guess is that he's moved on and I'm glad. I prefer Dave solo because I believe he cares about his fans. The VH boys obviously don't.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think when you get right down to it, they all care about the fans. I know...it doesn't appear that way. I can tell you this. Life can get in the way...especially when you have enough money to not worry about working.

It can be cancer...or almost-cancer...or hip...or neck...or not having a singer...or not liking your choices...or mid-life crisis...or withdrawal...or just wanting to spend time with your family. IT CAN BE ANYTHING. Maybe they just got sick of the lawyers.

I don't know...but if anyone here thinks that family SHOULDN'T come before the fans...then please tell me. I mean...you don't really thing Ed and Roth sit on their hills in California saying..."yeah...let's really piss them off now."

Christ, you would hope not.
    EUAS

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you are right, I know VH loves their fans as much as Dave does, but they don't understand the impact of the web. I think the guys can do whatever they feel like, but I wish they understood the impact they could have on the fans if they just released a simple statement once in a while on the website, even to just say hi and "be patient, we are working". I think the fact that they aren't using their website underscores the fact that they don't understand the technology very well and don't get what a tool they have to build the fan base. It doesn't take much, and like it's been said a hundred times before, this ain't top secret crap, it's a rock band. Talk to your fans once in a while.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BrownSound5150:
    I wish they understood the impact they could have on the fans if they just released a simple statement once in a while on the website, even to just say hi and "be patient, we are working". I think the fact that they aren't using their website underscores the fact that they don't understand the technology very well and don't get what a tool they have to build the fan base. It doesn't take much, and like it's been said a hundred times before, this ain't top secret crap, it's a rock band. Talk to your fans once in a while.<hr></blockquote>

And you nailed that right on the head. This is the major problem. This feeling that we don't need anything is bogus. They fucked up in 1996. But I think if they just would have said we handled things a bit wrong instead of hammering Dave...Sammy...Plant...Page...Morrison and everyone else in music, they should have looked a little inward. Now of course...Van Halen is still living in the cold war era...and gestapoing everything. It's a freakin' pisser...
    EUAS

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't buy that for one minute. If Eddie cared about his fans he would say something. All we ask is that he tell us what it is. If it's cancer then tell us. If you want a break, tell us. If you're looking for a 4th singer tell us.

Is it asking too much of him to take 5 minutes of his time to sit down with Brad and make some kind of a statement? Why do we have to find out what's going on through golf magazines?

It's just ridiculous and there's NO excuse for it. If Eddie cared about the fans he'd pick up the phone, call Brad and post ANYTHING AT ALL on their official website. The only time Eddie speaks is when Dave makes him, ie rumors are just that, come to our site for the facts.

Well Ed, we've come to your site for the last 3 years and you haven't said shit.

I'm tired of it all and I'm glad it appears Dave is moving on.

There isn't an excuse in the world the makes what VH is doing (or not doing) right and frankly I'm tired of the die hard fans having to defend them.

Simply put VH isn't worth it. They don't care about the fans. They've made that obvious.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...it so good to hear you guys finally talk this way... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie