Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.13.05 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those of you out there in the Boston area, Sammy was interviewed today on WAAF in the afternnon.

Among the regular bullshit, (how's the tour goin? what's it like with Dave?) there were a few very interesting bits of information. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

1) Sammy stated that Mike is planning on re-joining the tour for an unspecified number of dates on August 26th after his vacation in Haiwaii. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    2) The August 28th show at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA will have a very special guest that will not be on any other tour date, Gary Cherone! Sammy has invited him to do a number during his opening slot, and Gary has accepted. No indication as to what song it would be, so we'll all just have to wait a couple of weeks to find out.
    Apparently, when the whole idea of this tour was being kicked around, Sammy suggested that they also invite Gary, but Dave wasn't interested. Sammy said that Dave doesn't want to share the spotlight with anybody unless he has to. (like he has to with Sammy in this case)

I don't know if the interview will be up on the staton's site (WAAF.COM), but I'll let you know if I see it.

Based on what I know about how competitive these two guys have been so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Dave tries to pull off something special during his set.

Maybe Vai & Sheehan? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

We'll just have to tune in to find out.
    "Money may not buy happiness, but it sure can buy a boat big enough to sail right up next to it!" DLR- US Festival pre-show

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm...Sheehan's from Buffalo, maybe he'll joind DLR onstage there...nah. wishful thinking, like the guys over in this year's MTV Awards thread...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just wishful thinking about steve & billy
    "Money may not buy happiness, but it sure can buy a boat big enough to sail right up next to it!" DLR- US Festival pre-show

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lites5150:

Apparently, when the whole idea of this tour was being kicked around, Sammy suggested that they also invite Gary, but Dave wasn't interested. Sammy said that Dave doesn't want to share the spotlight with anybody unless he has to. (like he has to with Sammy in this case)
    This is the shit that makes me wonder about Sammy. Why would he invite Gary on the Sam & Dave tour? Gary was just a blip on the Van Halen radar screen, he had no runnin' battle with Sammy or Dave so what would the appeal of him joining the tour be, other than him being a former lead singer for Van Halen. This just sounds like another way for Sam to give the finger to Ed & Al. Improbable as Dave & Sam touring was, at least there was a definite appeal (to some) because these guys had a long history of animosity between one another. This has nothin' to do with Dave not wanting to share the spotlight. Apparently, Sammy hasn't gotten over the fact that he is no longer the lead singer of Van Halen. He talks so much about how happy is he is doing his own thing yet he doesn't seem to pass up an opportunity to take a shot at Ed, Al or Dave. At one time, I used to think Sammy was a class act, but I'm really starting to look at him in a different light.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Maybe Sammy is trying to be a nice guy and please some Boston fans..where Extreme and Cherone are HUGE!!!...they kind of deserve a treat.
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

that'd be cool if cherone did without you

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

kids, I really don't think that either Sammy or Dave are the kind of guys that you'd want your daughter to marry.

That said, who really cares what they say unless it's into a microphone with a band (some band) behind them.

All the other stuff is just what you have to sit through between shows.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think this is cool as hell. It's supposed to be about a fun rock show, so have fun. Get Mikey onstage with Dave, get Dave and Sammy onstage together, get Gary out there with either or both. This isn't a Van Halen tour, so if either guy wants to bring out guests, they don't have to be limited to the 3 VH musicians.

It would be nice if Sammy could keep his negative comments to himself, and for both Dave and Sam to take the high road when the tour is finally over. Enough of the WWF, who can be the most immature idiot shit the whole VH saga has been forever.

And somebody, ANYBODY, has got to convince Dave, Sammy and Gary to be photographed together. How fuckin' cool would that picture be???

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Glenn:

And somebody, ANYBODY, has got to convince Dave, Sammy and Gary to be photographed together. How fuckin' cool would that picture be???
    get eddymon to do it. he has connections!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

i wanna know what song he's gonna do with sam if this is for real...too bad mikey won't be on stage at the same time

dude it'd be great if they all did an encore...dave sam mike and gary

they could do just like paradise! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

[ August 14, 2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If any of you read my posts, you'll know I don't blindly support either. In this instance I think Sam really wants to do it for some fans of Gary in Boston. If anything, to try to sellout the Boston show (which Dave would benefit from too if he'd just realize that).
    Dave probably doesn't want to be on the same stage with him. That's why you'll see Gary come out in the Sam set and not the Dave.
    Geez, when there is a time when Dave can possibly pull the right moves and get involved in a Sammy and Dave VH reunion, and a time to make amends with all singers, why do I get the vibe from a lot of people (not just Sammy) that's he still as much of a self-centered dick as he used to be? This stupid Dave and Sam tour is all about getting along with each other, and putting out a vibe to the VH brothers that they can get along quite easily would be a BIG benefit to get a ball rolling... but, it just doesn't look like it is happening too well.
    We REALLY would like to see an encore at the end of the night with both of them. It'd be in the least, a sign of respect towards each other. I really think that Dave's the one not wanting this and not Sam.
    Oh Dave, please fix your self-centeredness before its too late. We all know you don't want to do it because you don't feel like you and Sam are on equal footing. Us fans really want to see you evolve past the "jack-off daniels" crap and sparkly jumpsuits.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by dropdeadlegs:
    It would be cool, I suppose, but I'm a little suspicious of Sammy's real agenda, which I believe is to give Ed & Al one big middle finger.
    They're all adults, if Eddie is offended that Gary jumped onstage to do a tune with Sammy, then that's on Eddie to get over it. I just hope Sammy doesn't make any stupid comments like "here's another guy that got fucked by EVH". As long as that doesn't happen, I'd love to see all three guys stand up there together.

They could all sing "3 Years, 6 Years and 17 Years to the Day"! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:52 AM
    Liked 571 Times in 312 Posts

Donor

Maybe they could try "Humans Being". After all, Sammy never sang that one live with VH, and Gary did. It would sound pretty good with Mikey up there. Heck, that song is one of the things that helped break the band up, so how appropriate would that be for the last 2 singers to do it?
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy just likes to jam with other musicians. Who could he better ask in Boston than Gary? I don't think that he has a 'secret agenda'. It's just all about the party!

ROCK ON SAMMY! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!