Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it says it in the question. i'm think maybe is cali...
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

isn't it in Ed's backyard or something like that?
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Outside of LA, near Ed's house if not exactly "in his backyard."
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh ok... Where does ed live? anyone know his address or live near him? lol
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's on Ed's property for sure. I've heard it referred to as being in his backyard and as being just up the road from the main house. Either way, it is on the property where Eddie lives.

Still waiting for my invite.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It used to be the house's raquetball court, prior to the conversion and expansion.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Some people here know the address, but nobody post it, okay? I'm sure Ed and Val have enough stalkers already...

I just realized that my first post in this thread was my number 3000. Shit
    www.mayakuper.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was going to say that, leah synth, but i thought you knew.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    It used to be the house's raquetball court, prior to the conversion and expansion.
    yup, that's what i heard too.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is not a joke. Didn't the Maximum Golf magazine say that it now has a driving range on its roof?
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Yesterdays:
    This is not a joke. Didn't the Maximum Golf magazine say that it now has a driving range on its roof?
    Hmm...doubt it. I don't remember reading that. But that would be cool as all hell!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    www.mayakuper.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    I just realized that my first post in this thread was my number 3000. Shit
    i warned you in DFK, hun... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

For those who have never seen his house (mansion) its very cool. He had it built just down from his old place in the early 90's which was pretty quaint all considering. My only viewing of it was from outside the gate and I could hear the dogs barking.

A little story from an obsessed fan here, I went LA (from Oregon) 2 times in the late 80's, early 90's for various reasons but the main reason was to find Eddie and have him autograph my guitar. My ax was a flying V knockoff that I painted up red with white and yellow stripes, pretty cheesey now that I look back but I was young.

One of the first places I went to was Gil's Liquor store in Hollywood, when I walked in I was star struck with all the photos on the wall of everyone from Bruce Willis to Charlie Sheen on the wall with their arms around Gil (I am assuming).

Just above the door was a picture of him with Ed and when I went up to the counter I pointed at the picture and asked the guy if I could have a map of the stars so I could get his address. He said "sure, but it doesn't have his address in it" so I proceeded to ask if he knew where he lived. He gave me explicit directions to his house while assuring me that there wasn't a chance that I would get past the gates, I was just thrilled to get the info.

The next day me and my buddy went there and sure as shit, there was a big ass gate (this was the first house before he moved) and my buddy said "dude lets just get the hell out of here" as I walked up to the gate and commenced to pressing the button, my buddy was sure there were armed guards and bolted for the van.

The gate started to open and I couldn't see anyone, I almost shit my pants. After it opened up a guy that I had never seen before walked out and asked if he could help me. "uh.. is Eddie here"? The guy could tell what I was up to and told me that it was his personal place and politely asked me to leave. What could I say to that? at least I didn't get my ass kicked.

Two years later around Christmas time I go back to LA and back to Ed's house (still the original) I didn't bother to ring the gate this time (I partially learned my lesson) I just thought it would be cool to catch a glimpse of him. In true stalker syle we are parked right across from his gate just below Stevie Nicks driveway, we didn't care if we blocked her off and we figured we could take anyone from fleetwood mac on.

We had been parked there for about an hour and it was getting dark so we decided to pack it in and take off down the hill (or private drive) as we are driving down we saw someone waving us over to them, it was dark so we couldn't tell, I told my buddy "that's Eddie dude!" he said no way so we pulled over and it was indeed Ed.

He signaled for us to roll down the window and he stuck his head in the window and said "are you guys delivering something for Christmas or something"? (you could smell beer on his breath) Obviously he had seen us in stalker postion for the last hour from his newly built house. My friend said "no my buddy here was wondering if you autograph his guitar for him" Ed stood there for a second then said "sure pull it out" as he slapped the trunk so I did and he was cool enough to even ask who he was making it out to. He introduced himself to us both and shook our hands then said "well guys, I gotta run, dinner's waiting for me, Merry Christmas".

It was the coolest experience of my life and I will never forget my buddy's dad laughing at me for putting a sharpie pen in my guitar case thinking I would be let down. The guitar is long gone (long story) but its pretty trivial compared to actually metting him and shaking his hand in that setting. Sorry this is so long winded but I hadn't shared that for many years, so there ya go.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Awesome story ericgtr! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

That's a killer story dude. I know there are alot of whack jobs out there, but I always think about Elvis coming down to the gate of Graceland when he was home, and signing autographs for the fans. I guess it's all about how the celeb feels about the whole deal. I can't see anyone having anymore fans than Elvis, and if it was something he could do, I can't see others having any reason not to do the same. But then John Lennon gets shot by a freak who had earlier in the day got an autograph from him, and that changed alot of people's perceptions. I imagine in the early days, if you would have caught him when he wasn't busy, he would have hung and had a beer with you and your friend.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?