Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

Dave has just sealed his fate as far as a future with Van Halen goes. If anyone has seen the Carson Daly show appearance, you'll know what I'm talking about. That is exactly the reason Eddie doesn't want Roth in Van Halen!!! The fat lady has sang, the final nail has been driven into the coffin, the wheels have flown completely off.

Was that supposed to be Mean Street they performed? Where was the intro? Was that supposed to be singing? And what the fuck was he doing? For a second, I thought it was Kramer from Sienfeld! Oh my god that was awful.

Flame on! I don't give a shit. That was just plain bad. He was once in Van Halen?
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh shit, here we go...... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn't think it was that bad. I actually enjoyed Mean Street. Panama was kinda off. He sings that song like hes slurring the words. Like my friend said who was watching, "He doesn't have power behind his voice."

Mean Street is a song good for Dave because he is basically talking it. It was a good performance.

But, I have to say I doubt he will be back in VH. Dave isn't a musician. He is an entertainer. I think Eddie will choose Hagar because he is a musician.
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright so his performance sucked. Was he interviewed? If so what did he say?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

05.03.13 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was surprised with Dave's performance, and actually thought it was better than I expected. The horror stories I've heard about Dave's voice, and the mp3's from '99 did not give me much hope. He could use to chill on the excessive yelping, but overall he really didn't sound too bad. I agree with a lot of ppl here that say Dave seems to be concentrating on the singing part. Dave seems to sound as if he has a "dry throat" so to speak, needs a glass of hot coffee or something to clear that up. Let's just say he sounded better than I expected. Just needs to chill out and get off the crack.
    Minnesota Vikings KICK ASS!!!! All other teams get their water.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Ok so I need a full refresher course here. LOL. What are we talking about? Link me up with shit please, and thanks in advance. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

I don't like Hagar, either. I think Roth and Hagar are equally silly and embarrassing to Van Halen.

Yeah, it was interesting...if you've never seen a Roth interview before. He says that "Right here before your steaming eyes!" line every time he's on camera!!! You could hear people in the audience giggling at him. They were laughing at him, not with him. What a goofball! Carson Daly said at one point, "I haven't even asked a question yet!" Carson obviously thought he was a dork.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.12 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ashe:
    I don't like Hagar, either. I think Roth and Hagar are equally silly and embarrassing to Van Halen.

Yeah, it was interesting...if you've never seen a Roth interview before. He says that "Right here before your steaming eyes!" line every time he's on camera!!! You could hear people in the audience giggling at him. They were laughing at him, not with him. What a goofball! Carson Daly said at one point, "I haven't even asked a question yet!" Carson obviously thought he was a dork.
    Carson Daly thought he was a dork? Truly a damning indictment from America's greatest cultural mind.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain"t Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ashe:

Carson didn't think he was a dork, he even went as far to say he was the greatest frontman in rocknroll, and nobody was giggling at him either, AND the reason he said "I haven't even asked a question yet ! " is because he Knows Dave is a great interview, YOU on the otherhand are a fuckin DORK !, retard.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

OH Brother!

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know . . . I got blasted for name calling in another thread, but it's situations like this where name calling is justified!!
    Ashe is an obvious moron. He does not like either Dave or Sammy and is here to just stir shit up! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

I saw the interview/performance.
    I thought he did great in the interview! It was a classic Dave interview. As for the songs, I think he sounded pretty good. I thought the band sounded great - especially on Mean Street.

I think Dave could've picked a better song to SING though. With Mean Street he had to do alot of dancing/martial arts moves etc. 'cuz there are less vocals compared with music. Hopefully someone understands what I just said! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Anyways, I thought it was one of the better nationally televised (although lateat night) performances I've ever seen from him. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by VH2001:

I think Dave could've picked a better song to SING though. With Mean Street he had to do alot of dancing/martial arts moves etc. 'cuz there are less vocals compared with music. Hopefully someone understands what I just said.
    Duh, why do you think he chose MEANSTREET then?
    To show he is the second coming of Sinatra?

By doing that song he could make his lack of vocal ability overshadowed by his martial arts expertise.
    Great cover up Dave. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Don't all you "rothtards" ever get tired of him using the same phrases over and over and over and over again?
    I loved Dave up until about 1988. then he just got too silly and cartoonish for me.
    "look at all the people here tonight"
    soon to be,
    "look at all the kids here tonight for Billy Goldstein's Barmitzva (sp?)"
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Man, give the guy some credit for at least going on the show and singing the tunes. Dave was Dave and anyone expecting anything more or less was setting themselves up for a disappointment. I Thought he did a good job pulling off those songs. Mean Street and Panama are classic VH tunes and I'll take them anyway I can get them. I'm glad I had the VCR running so I can enjoy the performances over and over. The only criticism I have of Dave last night is; there is no doubt he is about as narcissitic as they come. I wonder how many times a day Dave looks in the mirror? Maybe if he'd drop the bravdo down a few notches, the brothers might be more inclined to accept him back into the fold. I doubt that will ever happen though. Anyway, a very entertaining segment. It made staying up until 1:35 A.M. worth it.
    "The truth hurts."

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I thought Dave gave a great interview and performance last night. Made my Friday night !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Wonder if the VH bros. were watching ?

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Why would they watch Carson Daly? Maybe to get a glimpse of Britney I guess.