Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Lot of shooting the poop in the interview but I got a definate vibe here. The way he answered the question of "How did Eddie feel about Mikey playing with Sammy on the tour" was Eddie probably wasn't crazy about it. More importantly though was the singer question. He basically said, "We only have so many options. We just all need to sit down at a table and work this all out". He didn't say who "all" was. I got a definate vibe someone will be coming back.

He said last night in Phoenix, they went to a club called The Mason Jar, and asked if Sammy, Mikey and Sammy's band could come in and jam. He said when they got there there were about 15 people there and by the time they left the club was packed.

It also looks like the Planet Us thing is a go in the fall. It's gonna be a while before we see any new Van Halen........
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the update Etrigan! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

He also mentioned he was impressed by Dave's show. Complimented his band. Mikey's is so Swiss!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That he did. He had nothing but great things to say about Dave's band, and even acknowledged that Dave's guitarist, Brian Young, is formerly of the Atomic Punks. He said Dave owes a lot to Ralph by quoting the Diamond One, "David Lee Ralph keeps me honest!" He also said Dave's band is hitting *everything* "note-for-note". He didn't mention whether or not he'd join Dave on stage, but he did say that "anything could happen". I think the best compliment he made about Dave's performance was that when you go to this show, all you need to do is "close your eyes, and...wow! y'know?" Who knows? Maybe he'll take that back to Ed and Al, and it's anyone's guess what happens from there.

I did like how he said that he's been "surprising" Sammy throughout this tour by popping up on stage. I got a good laugh out of that one.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    He also mentioned he was impressed by Dave's show. Complimented his band. Mikey's is so Swiss!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Mike is Switzerland, and I bet he is getting along with Dave fine. I have a feeling that Mike will be the one to stimulate negotiating the VH tour with Dave and Sam. Maybe???? maybe... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    That he did. He had nothing but great things to say about Dave's band, and even acknowledged that Dave's guitarist, Brian Young, is formerly of the Atomic Punks. He said Dave owes a lot to Ralph by quoting the Diamond One, "David Lee Ralph keeps me honest!" He also said Dave's band is hitting *everything* "note-for-note". He didn't mention whether or not he'd join Dave on stage, but he did say that "anything could happen". I think the best compliment he made about Dave's performance was that when you go to this show, all you need to do is "close your eyes, and...wow! y'know?" Who knows? Maybe he'll take that back to Ed and Al, and it's anyone's guess what happens from there.

I did like how he said that he's been "surprising" Sammy throughout this tour by popping up on stage. I got a good laugh out of that one.
    That would be soooooo AWESOME if MIKE JAMMED WITH DAVE!!!!!!! Come on Mike, JAM WITH DAVE IN NJ!!! AT THE PNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I'm The One", "Atomic Punk", "Mean Street", "D.O.A."!!! Now that would be the shit!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    ... but I got a definate vibe here. The way he answered the question of "How did Eddie feel about Mikey playing with Sammy on the tour" was Eddie probably wasn't crazy about it.
    I agree with you; I got the same vibe the way Mike answered the question.

Here's my notes from the interview:

Mike was on the phone calling from Phoenix where he played with Sammy last night and they celebrated Mike's birthday.

Mike's is playing at all three L.A. shows. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Mike said that this Sam and Dave tour IS the "Hell Freezes Over Tour."

Mark & Brian asked Mike if he'll play with Dave. Mike said "who knows what's gonna happen."

Mike described the "Planet Us" side project and said that Van Halen is still on hiatus.

M&B asked how Eddie is doing. Mike said Eddie is doing great, has a clean bill of health. Mike did mention something to the effect of what Eddie went thru, what that can do to you "mentally," (ie, scare the fuck out of you).

M&B asked how Eddie felt about Mike playing with Sammy. Mike said he was tired of sitting at home, that he wants to get out there and play. He did seem to hesitate before saying it was O.K. (with Eddie).

M&B asked about the vocalist situation with Van Halen. See ETRIGAN's post above for Mike's answer.

M&B asked how the Sam & Dave shows have been going. Mike said he has been surprised with Dave's show, the band is very good, they play the songs note-for-note. Mike said that Dave's guitar player used to be with The Atomic Punks. Mark or Brian said when Dave was on the show he said that "David Lee Ralph" keeps him honest.

Mike told the story that before the '98 tour he was having dinner with some friends at a restaurant in Pasadena, and they wanted to do something after dinner. Well, The Atomic Punks were playing at a bikini bar across the street, so they went there and Mike played half the set with The Atomic Punks. Mike said he got chills when Ralph came over to him on-stage and put his arm around him (like it took him back to 1978).

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

First off, thanks for posting the interview. I'm glad one member of Van Halen (if he still is in the band) takes a little time for the fans. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Going by what I read, it seems it's either Dave or Sammy for "we only have so many options". It's funny but the simplist things are the hardest to get through. Look at the baseball labor negotiations for example. Why can't Ed and Dave or Ed and Sam hash things out? I know "ego" is the answer but c'mon does Ed really want his legacy to end this way. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I personally think that Mike will play a song or two with Dave eventually.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I find it interesting that the interview is already up on Sammy's official site!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Raldo:
    First off, thanks for posting the interview. I'm glad one member of Van Halen (if he still is in the band) takes a little time for the fans. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Going by what I read, it seems it's either Dave or Sammy for "we only have so many options". It's funny but the simplist things are the hardest to get through. Look at the baseball labor negotiations for example. Why can't Ed and Dave or Ed and Sam hash things out? I know "ego" is the answer but c'mon does Ed really want his legacy to end this way. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I personally think that Mike will play a song or two with Dave eventually.
    I agree with all of this. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The interview is here. It's not transcribed but in an audio format.

If I smell what the Mike's cookin, I would have to assume it's either leaning toward a Sammy reunion or possibly both singers. The only problem with both singers is the Bros. may feel this has been "pimped" by the current tour. IMO

[ June 21, 2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: ETRIGAN ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even when Dave was "in" the band in 1996 Mike was not happy with Dave. Mike is far closer to Sammy than Dave and I would be shocked if he joined Dave for a song or two.

I also think it is far more likely for Mike to leave Van Halen permanently and join Sammy full-time than for Van Halen to reunite with Dave.
    "Running the ball is like making romance..."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have got a feeling the Dave and Sam tour might have opened EVH's eyes and he may decide to get both together for a big tour. I also think Mike may jam with Dave sooner rather than later (possibly tonight). Sammy may even join Mike and Dave on stage together. This story is getting more interesting by the day.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

you guys are all outa your minds with this Sam & Dave touring with VH idea...

it'll never happen. how on earth are ed & alex gonna play for 90min (at least) with one singer than play for another 90min with the next singer? that would mean they'd be playing a 3hour + show. those two aint 21 anymore. they would never make it on stage. neither would mike.

that's why a tour with sam & dave won't happen with VH.....
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VanHalen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mikey is so middle of the road on his answers...WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE IN THE MIDDLE EAST????? He could look Arab.....!

I wonder how it feels to have a mental missfit like Eddie watching your every action and listening to every word that comes out of Your mouth.

I hope he atleast gets to see Valorie Naked sometimes.

And what about Alex? Last I heard he was in worse shape than Eddie.
    Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter.<br />Opinions are like Assholes everybody has one