"Jebe Ga"

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Pretty much what Mark squared said. When you made a purchase of an entertainment product (ie album, concert ticket, merchandise, etc..) you bought a slice in time and simply a product for your personal entertainment.

There was no implied contract for the manufacturer (Van Halen) to provide you with future product.

Obviously everyone's interest represents market demand for the product... but the manufacturer is under no obligation to produce any more simply based on our market demand. Their contract w/ WB may present a different perspective... but We are not party to that contract... unless any of you own a majority share in WB...

So in business terms no VH does not owe us...

From an emotional/psychotic perspective it's feasible but that's each individuals baggage to bear... [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] and I ain't goin there...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

VH owes us nothing. If anything, WE owe them a huge debt of gratitude. They provided us with a level of music and showmanship that we'll never forget, and they did it all out for 25 years. These guys committed their lives toward making great rock 'n roll, whatever the cost, and we were there to be a part of it. And if it all ends today, we shlould simply say, "Thanks. It was a great ride." and move on. It's the least we could do after all they've done for us.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's a business. Goods and services are exchanged for money. Nobody is going to be able to argue that it's anything other than that.

Part of being successful in business is treating your customers the right way. We've all seen how VH feels about us the past couple years. Businesses that fail to value their customers fail.

Perhaps that isn't always true in a mass-media business, but there's been a relationship damaged in the past couple years. In the end, does VH want the core group of hardcore fans that love them to keep loving them? It doesn't look like it.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think they do!!!!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    "Jebe Ga"

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

VanHalen provides us entertainment (a service/product) and we are the paying customer! They can choose to walk away from this business deal and never provide their product again. That is their choise. If they are wanting to make a "come back" (at this point that is what it will be) it may be in the band's best interest to get their end of the business going... It is not like there are more than 10 - 20 thousand fans (other than us few, the dedicated fans who visit the various websites daily awaiting for some "good news)." While Van Halen is still well known by most people, it is my experience that most people don't give a shit one way or the other whether Van Halen ever surfaces again professionally! Still, Van Halen does not owe us anything. Rather, if they want to become a force in the music business again, I would say that time is the essence and perhaps not wait too long...
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Van Halen owes me. They personally owe me $17.65; that was not a gift, it was a loan, and I'm still waiting!!!

Moving this to the Opinions/Speculation forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Does Van Halen owe us?

Shit yes.

[ January 10, 2002 at 12:48 AM: Message edited by: EUX4Life ]</p>
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    Does Van Halen owe us?

Shit yes.

[ January 10, 2002 at 12:48 AM: Message edited by: EUX4Life ]