Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

I have to say, I'm incredibly disappointed with it (and Van Halen for that matter since they control the content). I mean, the last 2 "news" updates made to it were back in May.

You'd think they'd owe something to the fans that have stuck by them for years & years. The fans that have paid tons of money for their concert tickets, albums, and memorabilia. But nope, not a word, not a greeting, not a simple "Thanks for making us wealthier than GOD." Nothing!

The band knows that the world is aware of everything that's going on with the band & in the band member's personal lives. You'd think they'd want to make an "official" statement to clear things up instead of letting rumors fly. But no. Nothing at all.

Hell, if it's true that all Alex Van Halen does is surf the internet all day, then make him the website's official webmaster. He could at least post stupid jokes or something. ANYTHING, just to show your legions of fans that you're still alive and grateful to them for making you wealthier than 99% of the world's population.

I guess a little respect is too much to ask for. Oh well. What are your thoughts guys.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

it's lame.
    next question....
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    There is really no reason to even have that website. The band has done nothing with it.

The only reason I would ever go there was to see the different posts on the "Dome" even that went away.

Too bad so sad

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Its not impressive and no attempt is made to communicate to the fans what's happening with the band. Brad actually puts up info on Mike's site and on the VH mailing list.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I have to say that it is a disappointment indeed. Since the Dome is gone, there is no other reason to go there and I DON'T. Fact is, Brad and his minions ran the thing into the ground...all the while with an Eddie is God mentallity. Don't you dare get on Van Halen's website and tell your honest feelings on the band, their direction, lack of info, criticize the Halens for their stuck up "I am too good to talk to the fans" attitude, or anything else. Seemed kind of like I was posting in a Russian chatroom or something. The fact is this: If you want to say anything and everything about the band whether feelings or facts, the Dome ain't where you wanna go...chances are you will be censored. That is not the ideal for anything in America. Yet, the polically correct and liberals are always concerned about people's feelings and not about truth, honesty or anything of real value. I'm sure they had a spin doctor coaching Starks through every post he made in relation to any rumors that popped up. Any normal person would have answered questions without being such a cryptic stick in the mud. I'd rather be here or at the Army anyday. The only thing the Dome had going for it was the fact that it was attached to the offical website.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Other than getting information about VH's records or previous tours, there really is no reason to visit the official site anymore. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

'78 -'96 baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs... Enough said
    Last Online

04.08.12 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since they have no label and no band, who is actually paying for the website? Obviously this is an expense that they don't need to be wasting money on. But, they want to keep the domain name so if and when they ever surface, they can sell merchandise. Look at it this way, go try and find montgomery wards's website. It doesn't exist because they are out of buisness. I guess the fact that Van Halen still has a website is a positive note for the fans that there are some plans for the future, far or near, whether it be unreleased material, another best of, or a new release. Otherwise, why bother spending the money for the server and upkeep costs. Granted they have more money than God, but they have, in essence, been unemployed for years. What is understood need not be discussed, Right now, their site sucks.
    Those that say money cannot buy hapiness don't know where to shop.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

shit i remember back in the day before the "new site" was revealed...someone happened to access the page..lol! everyone was all fired up to catch an early preview of the new site, it's striped colors and hoping there'd be some news...

ah the good ol days [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean streets
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

vhvault.com<br />strungout.com<br />vhtrading.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know a lot people here aren't into the 'Stones but when you go to www.rollingstones.com the opening chords to "Start Me Up" tell you exactly where your are. No such luck with VH. When we go to van-halen.com we should hear the opening chords to "Unchained" and some cool flash animation of the VH logo and perhaps Ed's trademark red,black & white stripes. There's so many creative approaches the band could have taken but instead they have settled for tired, lame site design that is indistinguishable from the rest.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last time I was there was to watch the video from Sam's Never Say Goodbye album. I don't understand why Starks doesn't just add content of some kind to the site.
    BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER AND PARTY ON DUDES!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you wanna research the band, it's not bad as a text book. For news and any interesting discussion, I come here.
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

house of pain
    Last Online

03.02.05 @ 02:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ineedalogin wrote:
    You'd think they'd owe something to the fans that have stuck by them for years & years. The fans that have paid tons of money for their concert tickets, albums, and memorabilia. But nope, not a word, not a greeting, not a simple "Thanks for making us wealthier than GOD." Nothing!
    ANYTHING, just to show your legions of fans that you're still alive and grateful to them for making you wealthier than 99% of the world's population.
    I guess a little respect is too much to ask for...
    Dude, you really think Van Halen owes you something because you bought their records?!
    You think EVH should come over your house and kiss your ass because he's rich?
    Listen. He made a record, you bought it ('cuz you thought he was 'the man'). EVH doing what you want was not included in the price of the cassettte single of "Love Walks In" that you bought. You obviously have some jealousy issues with rich entertainers. Van Halen didn't win the Rock Star Lottery, they worked their asses off for 18 years to get what they have.
    Telling us all what we've been waiting to know would be the right thing to do as a band that that wants to retain a fan base (think about who's talking and who's not, and who obviously wants to work). But you're wrong if you think they owe it to you. Respect that.
    <a href="http://www.starcalledsun.com" target="_blank">www.starcalledsun.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by dropdeadlegs:
    I know a lot people here aren't into the 'Stones but when you go to www.rollingstones.com the opening chords to "Start Me Up" tell you exactly where your are. No such luck with VH. When we go to van-halen.com we should hear the opening chords to "Unchained" and some cool flash animation of the VH logo and perhaps Ed's trademark red,black & white stripes. There's so many creative approaches the band could have taken but instead they have settled for tired, lame site design that is indistinguishable from the rest.
    This may be going off on a different subject, but flash animations and splash pages are poor design elements. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] I for one am glad Starks took 'em off.
    Scott Roberts

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Turbo:
    If you wanna research the band, it's not bad as a text book. For news and any interesting discussion, I come here.
    Exactly my point earlier. But there could still be some news (REAL news) posted from time to time. This whole shit about things "not being newsworthy" is for the birds.
    Scott Roberts