Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.23.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well my adventure started Friday night before the golf tourney. Top Timmy got up to my house around 8 that night. We finally got our game of Triple Play 2002 in on the old xBox after months of smack. I blew a 20 run lead (22-2) and my Reds lost 23-22 in the bottom of the 9th to the lowly Padres. How sad...

Anyway, Saturday morning we finally head up to LA from Orange County. MapQuest actually got the directions right for once! An hour later we finally arrive. A lot of fugly's were out and about at this tournament.

I don't know what I was doing walking around with Ed the whole time when this was in front of me. Some hottie named Susanna Britton with 34 D's that is on the show 24. Damn, she was hot!

Back to the LAPD golf tourney, we got there around 9:00 that morning. Not really that big of a crowd (of course there weren't many A list celebs there) And this isn't the PGA!!! We wondered around for a bit until we finally figured that group 9A meant Ed was starting on the 9th hole. Glad that college degree got me something!

We just wondered around the group of golfers and as soon as Ed goes to putt on the first hole, people run up for autographs and pictures. His response was that you'd have to wait until the end. Do you think these people listen? NO! Every time he gets out of his cart they run back up asking for an autograph. I can't believe how blind these stalkers are because Eddie was getting pretty annoyed having to tell them to wait till the end. I'm just proud to say that not once did we ask for his picture, autograph or anything else. There's no way that we added to his aggravation.

Top Timmy and I continue on our walk with Ed's foursome and had a good time getting laughs out of Kevin Nealin messing with Ed and Ron. Out of nowhere on the 6th hole Ed threw Tim one of his balls that he just finished putting with (Pinnacle Lady BTW) One of the funnier things happened later after this. There were a couple fans that kept there distance and were following the foursome. Ed chipped a shot over the green and it rolled 50 yards away. Ed asked two teens there if either of them smoked. The one replied that he did and Ed said, "I'll give you a smoke if you go get my ball for me." He then lit it up and had one of Ed's Dunhill's.

I made comments before about some of these stalkers and I still think that's what most of these guys are. Following him around as close as can be, asking so many questions. How's Wolfgang (like they know him), where's Val, how's Alex and anything else you could imagine. Totally tasteless in my opinion.

On one of the later holes I strike up a conversation with Ron Delbarrio (Ed's instructor) about golf. Nothing about Ed or the band. Having played golf since I was 4 and being from Pete Dye's (world famous course designer) home town we had lots to talk about. One thing was MARS golf. He and Ed are using their clubs exclusively and they're from Ohio like me. Anyway, during this conversation all the stalkers start forming around us listening in to the conversation like they'll miss something. I wish these people would get a life!

We finally get to the 18th hole and Top Timmy and I are thinking we'll finally ask Ed for his autograph after he's done. Were we wrong. We walk our way up to the green and an extra 30 or so people are standing there waiting for his autograph. After politely walking the course all 18 holes and never asking for anything we're instructed to go to a line with 75-100 people in it. I feel bad for Tim because I had dinner plans that night and had to leave without an autograph.

If anybody else ever thinks about going to one of these events in the future, show up late and just stand in line for the autograph. You're not going to miss anything but obnoxious fans begging him for his autograph and picture every time he gets off his cart.
    "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by WhiteBoy:

A lot of fugly's were out and about at this tournament.
    LOL!!!!!! Ahahahahaaa!!! Oh boy, UNDER-FUCKING-STATEMENT OF THE CENTURY MAN!

I don't know what I was doing walking around with Ed the whole time when this was in front of me. Some hottie named Susanna Britton with 34 D's that is on the show 24. Damn, she was hot!
    You kiss your girlfriend with that mouth man? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Back to the LAPD golf tourney, we got there around 9:00 that morning. Not really that big of a crowd (of course there weren't many A list celebs there) And this isn't the PGA!!! We wondered around for a bit until we finally figured that group 9A meant Ed was starting on the 9th hole. Glad that college degree got me something!

We just wondered around the group of golfers and as soon as Ed goes to putt on the first hole, people run up for autographs and pictures. His response was that you'd have to wait until the end. Do you think these people listen? NO! Every time he gets out of his cart they run back up asking for an autograph. I can't believe how blind these stalkers are because Eddie was getting pretty annoyed having to tell them to wait till the end. I'm just proud to say that not once did we ask for his picture, autograph or anything else. There's no way that we added to his aggravation.
    Gee, I can pretty much see that being over 1,000 miles away.

I made comments before about some of these stalkers and I still think that's what most of these guys are. Following him around as close as can be, asking so many questions. How's Wolfgang (like they know him), where's Val, how's Alex and anything else you could imagine. Totally tasteless in my opinion.
    That is pretty sad. These are ADULTS I take it? The man comes out to golf and he just got rammed in the ass like that?? That's pretty shitty. I'm surprized they didn't ask for a piece of Ed's hair.

On one of the later holes I strike up a conversation with Ron Delbarrio (Ed's instructor) about golf. Nothing about Ed or the band. Having played golf since I was 4 and being from Pete Dye's (world famous course designer) home town we had lots to talk about. One thing was MARS golf. He and Ed are using their clubs exclusively and they're from Ohio like me. Anyway, during this conversation all the stalkers start forming around us listening in to the conversation like they'll miss something. I wish these people would get a life!

We finally get to the 18th hole and Top Timmy and I are thinking we'll finally ask Ed for his autograph after he's done. Were we wrong. We walk our way up to the green and an extra 30 or so people are standing there waiting for his autograph. After politely walking the course all 18 holes and never asking for anything we're instructed to go to a line with 75-100 people in it. I feel bad for Tim because I had dinner plans that night and had to leave without an autograph.

If anybody else ever thinks about going to one of these events in the future, show up late and just stand in line for the autograph. You're not going to miss anything but obnoxious fans begging him for his autograph and picture every time he gets off his cart.
    Man dude that sucks. Some people just have no respect at all. I guess all that means is that you need to annoy the shit outta him next time. Sorry TT, I feel bad for you too.

[ May 20, 2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I blew a 20 run lead (22-2) and my Reds lost 23-22 in the bottom of the 9th to the lowly Padres. How sad...
    Who are you calling lowly?!? Go Padres! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

And that really sucks about the autographs. Definitely some tasteless stalker shit going on, and that's NOT cool.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down & 1984
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<SNIP>

Anyway, Saturday morning we finally head up to LA from Orange County. MapQuest actually got the directions right for once! An hour later we finally arrive. A lot of fugly's were out and about at this tournament.

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

I can see your points, and I can't say that I completely disagree with you; I think the key is what your expectations are. If the only reason you were coming to the tournament was to get an autograph, and get your picture with Eddie, than yeah, you're probablyt right, you'd be just as wise to come out at the end of the day, and get in line. However, if you want to interact some with Eddie (or one or more of the other celebs), then come out at the beginning of the day, and walk the circuit, from hole to hole with the celeb(s) of your choice. OR, If you just wanna see all of the celebrities, find yourself a hole, bring your lawn chair, and park at any of the 18 holes, and watch the foursomes come by. Depending on what you're coming out for, all of the above are good options.
    "You can't polish a turd." - Ozzy Osborne

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by 5151 Parrothead:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WhiteBoy:

&lt;SNIP&gt;

&lt;SNIP&gt;

&lt;SNIP&gt;

I can see your points, and I can't say that I completely disagree with you; I think the key is what your expectations are. If the only reason you were coming to the tournament was to get an autograph, and get your picture with Eddie, than yeah, you're probablyt right, you'd be just as wise to come out at the end of the day, and get in line. However, if you want to interact some with Eddie (or one or more of the other celebs), then come out at the beginning of the day, and walk the circuit, from hole to hole with the celeb(s) of your choice. OR, If you just wanna see all of the celebrities, find yourself a hole, bring your lawn chair, and park at any of the 18 holes, and watch the foursomes come by. Depending on what you're coming out for, all of the above are good options.</font>[/QUOTE]You're missing the point dude, it's obvious you can't get hints......

Why does that not surprize me?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by JWS_5150:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WhiteBoy:
    I blew a 20 run lead (22-2) and my Reds lost 23-22 in the bottom of the 9th to the lowly Padres. How sad...
    Who are you calling lowly?!? Go Padres! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

And that really sucks about the autographs. Definitely some tasteless stalker shit going on, and that's NOT cool.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm just messing with TT on the Padres. At least they won't move to LA with the Chargers. It's actually starting to get hard being an Indian's fan.
    "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

At least they won't move to LA with the Chargers.
    Ummm, did I miss something??

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Top. Next time, get physical with "the mouthbreathers" and tell them there's a special on crown molars & banjos back at the clubhouse. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I guess this seems to be a good time for me to have my say on this day. Having NEVER met ANY member of Van Halen, I had no idea what to expect. I have also never been to any type of golf tourney whether PGA of for charity, so again, I had no idea what to expect.

First off, I need to thank whiteboy for giving me a place to stay for the night. We had fun shooting the shit, and Triple Play kicked ass, and so did the PADRES! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Haha, had to get that shot in man. He was a great host and I'd like to thank him for his hospitality. There's no way I wanted to drive from San Diego to L.A. at 6 am.

So after only getting 2 hours of sleep that night, whiteboy and I leave his pad around 8:15 for the golf course. Grab a small breakfast, and then park about a block away from the course. Once we paid our $4 admission, we just wondered around looking at what was going on. Generally just hung around the practice putting green. Exactly at 10:30, we watched team #1 tee off from hole #1 not realizing that Eddie was on hole #9. So we stroll up to hole #9 and here's comes Eddie up the fairway. So after Eddie got done with the first hole, he was hounded right away! Autograph seekers, press, press photographers, amateur photographers, fans, stalkers, they were all there. Eddie can I, Eddie do you have any picks, Eddie can I, me me fucking me. Eddie! I'm your biggest fan. This one guy was just persistant and Eddie got stern with him and said "Look! I'm be signing autographs AFTER I'm done today. If i give you an autograph, then I have to give him one, and him one." Well this guy didn't understand that and walked away pissed off. Eddie looks right at me and says "Could you believe that guy" to which I replied "Don't sweat it Ed." He said "I know man, I won't.", with that slight EVH wink.

So after this, you figure that eveybody that was there too see how agrivated Eddie was at the first hole, might be reluctant to ask for anything on the later hole...NO. This wasn't the case. Every hole there was a person asking Eddie for something, asking Eddie's golf partner Ron for something. Asking Ron questions like "What I mentioned the Sam and Dave tour to Eddie?". See how this might be building up to something. Eddie was clearly agrivated the whole time, but the people that were bugging him were just blind to that fact.

Whiteboy and I NEVER asked Eddie for anything, never bugged him, stayed clear from him. We showed so class. We showed that not ALL fans are always trying to dig into him for information. To me it was all about respect. It was clear to us, and a few others that Eddie didn't appreciate being questioned. I actually overheard Eddie something like "Why do they all want pictures with me? What do they need my autograph for? I mean, kids I can understand, but not adults". For those that think he's being unreasonable, you were one of the ones bugging him.

Joe5150, I'm sorry man. You're going to think I'm a prick here, but I don't care. The way you confronted Whiteboy "So you're whiteboy?...I'm the one that (explitive) to your post about the stalkers and here you are out here." was completely classless. I lost what little respect I had for you at that moment. Let me add the you had no business butting into the conversation whiteboy was having with Ron. It was clear to me you were just digging for information. I just sat there and rolled me eyes. It was pathetic man. I wasn't impressed one bit. You posted in here like you were the one and only guy that was going to get the info we've all been looking for, no matter what it took. You were always up in the front, getting as close to Eddie as possible, clinging on his every move.

People, it was sad to see this happening. I could finally understand why Eddie might not like going out in public. All I can say is that it's a good thing their WERE cops around. Show the man some fucking respect. If he wanted you to know something, don't you think he'd make it public? One woman ran up and higged Eddie out of nowhere and ran off shouting "I can't believe I toughed him!!!" Get a grip lady. Yes, it's Eddie, but isn't he human just like the rest of us? The few times I talked to him, he was very plesant and I think he recognized that I wasn't one of "those" people. Talking to Eddie wasn't a result of me going up to him, but rather him coming close to me. I never went out of my way, unlike some.

Eddie asked "Who wants my golf ball?" Nobody said anything so I just said "Sure, I'll take it Ed". LOL, he sad to me..."No you won't..." gave me that EVH smile, and tossed me his ball. Thanks ED! So, I never asked for it, it was offered to me. I never asked for a pic, I never asked for an autograph, and for that, I feel good about myself. At one point I was shoulder to shoulder with him...I wasn't nervous..it was just like 'Hey, there's Eddie...cool.' I'm not into this hero worship bullshit that most of the others were. Eddie is a human being that just happens to have an awesome talent that we all appreciate.

At the end of the day, I had a golf ball. I was just fine with that. Sure it would have been nice to have his autograph, but I can wait. Ain't no thang. Whiteboy had a hot date, I had a woman in San Diego waiting for me. Eddie is just Eddie. I have a life outside of Van Halen. This site might tell you otherwise, but I really do. [img]smile.gif[/img] I suggest a few of you, and you know who you are, need to take up a hobby. Subtle huh? At times it felt like I was at a Treky convention for VH fans. To quote William Shatner for an old SNL skit "Get a life!"

[ May 20, 2002, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Top Timmy ]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hey TT! If I would have known you were going to O.C. I would have gave you a ride! I live in O.C. too. Some of us "stalkers" should have communicated more. You were right behind me in line. I saw you get out but I figured you were just going for a coke or something.

Actually I was only there from the #1 to the #8 hole and I didn't see it get too bad. Most of the people that walked up when I was there were told by one of the fans that he wasn't signing till he was done golfing.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    Hey TT! If I would have known you were going to O.C. I would have gave you a ride! I live in O.C. too. Some of us "stalkers" should have communicated more. You were right behind me in line. I saw you get out but I figured you were just going for a coke or something.

Actually I was only there from the #1 to the #8 hole and I didn't see it get too bad. Most of the people that walked up when I was there were told by one of the fans that he wasn't signing till he was done golfing.
    Hey, that's mighty cool of ya man. Don't worry, you weren't one of the ones I was pointing at. I'll remember that next time, although I think whiteboy enjoyed my company. :notgay:
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

LOL
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"...His response was that you'd have to wait until the end. Do you think these people listen? NO! Every time he gets out of his cart they run back up asking for an autograph. I can't believe how blind these stalkers are because Eddie was getting pretty annoyed having to tell them to wait till the end.

"...How's Wolfgang (like they know him), where's Val, how's Alex and anything else you could imagine. Totally tasteless in my opinion.
    Great Thread [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Me Wise Magic ]
    "The day will come when it will sound better, but it will still be digital. To me, it just isn't musical. And when it comes to music, I'm the Unabomber of digital technology. I hate it." -Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    One woman ran up and higged Eddie out of nowhere and ran off shouting "I can't believe I toughed him!!!" Get a grip lady. Yes, it's Eddie, but isn't he human just like the rest of us
    Maybe she was a HUGE fan and even touching the man made her ecstatic. Eddie should be happy that some people are still dying to even touch him.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ETRIGAN:

Hey, that's mighty cool of ya man. Don't worry, you weren't one of the ones I was pointing at. I'll remember that next time, although I think whiteboy enjoyed my company. :notgay:
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

LOL
    </font>[/QUOTE]Dude, I don't know what your definition of "not gay" is...

Seriously, I felt bad for Ed having to put up with some of these guys. I guess "I'll sign everybody's autograph at the end" was too much to compute for some.

Looking back, the think that bugged me most were the people going to Ed acting like they were his best friend. One guy said, "Where's Wolfie this year?" Only to hear the responce, "What is it any of your business?"

- Hunter S. Thompson

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stalkers suck. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Originally Posted by vanzefflin
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    One woman ran up and higged Eddie out of nowhere and ran off shouting "I can't believe I toughed him!!!" Get a grip lady. Yes, it's Eddie, but isn't he human just like the rest of us
    Maybe she was a HUGE fan and even touching the man made her ecstatic. Eddie should be happy that some people are still dying to even touch him.</font>[/QUOTE]You can look at it two ways:

First. Being a fan of the guy that inspired me to pick up a guitar I wouldn't freak out over touching someone* the way she did.

Second. It's not the same as 1984 when these women wanting to touch him were lookers. The women wanting to "touch" Ed in 2002 were ready to go to a Winger concert at the county fair.

*Unless that someone's Charlize Theron

- Hunter S. Thompson