Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Click here:

then type in BC286832 at the case number field at the bottom and click search, kinda interesting.
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Someone call DANIEL HOGUE LAW OFFICES lol lets get the scoop [img]smile.gif[/img] I would love to see the documents filed by both parties [img]smile.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

yeah there's another thread floatin around here somewhere on this.

i've had that site bookmarked since the charges were filed and nothing has happened as of yet

JMJ

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the website of Dave's law firm:

http://www.lawyers.com/hoguelanghammer/

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bostonian:
    Someone call DANIEL HOGUE LAW OFFICES lol lets get the scoop [img]smile.gif[/img] I would love to see the documents filed by both parties [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I wouldn't mind seeing that. I wonder if it's just royalties on the old stuff or if there is more to it??
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

The list only says documents have been submitted by the Plantiff/Petitioner or in other words Roth. Has anyone noticed it says David Lee Roth vs. Edward Van Halen? if its a royalty thing shouldn't it be David Lee Roth vs. Warner Bros. or Van Halen? Kinda makes you wonder if theres a bit more involved.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by VanHalen2079:
    The list only says documents have been submitted by the Plantiff/Petitioner or in other words Roth. Has anyone noticed it says David Lee Roth vs. Edward Van Halen? if its a royalty thing shouldn't it be David Lee Roth vs. Warner Bros. or Van Halen? Kinda makes you wonder if theres a bit more involved.
    i'm pretty sure eddie owns the rights to all the music and such

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I have a few different takes on this. I don't believe that this lawsuit necessarily means that Roth is doing this out of spite towards what used to be the remaining members of the Van Halen band . It is strictly a financial case. I don't know if any of you remember a thread a while back where it showed a court document showing a revision in the Van Halen publishing catalogue and it mentioned all four of the original members names. There was to be a new legal change to the initial one signed by all members in I believe 1981.

You take that and we can start speculating.

1) There are the financial dealings that were mentioned in Sambo's alleged book. Also, they(Roth and Hagar) might have exchanged words relating to the past VH catalogue when they were negotiating the numbers for The Sam and Dave Tour. Hence, that could be one reason while although Dave and Michael Anthony exchanged pleasantries on the road and remained friendly, Roth never allowed or invited M.A. on stage. Roth said "It's not the right time" etc. Dave probably had been advised that playing Van Halen songs that were in contest with a possible future defendant might damage his case.

2) The summer of 2000 recording sessions and the big speculation of a supposed reunion tour of 2001 that was widely reported. In which Ed made the statement about "you used to be able to do this with a handshake... Everything was fine until the lawyers got involved" or something along those lines.

3)The "amicable" split from Warner Brothers. It has been mentioned quite frequently that it was a Roth reunion or nothing. Also, WB went ahead and released only the early catalogue with hopes of the big reunion. Also note that when the subsiquent VH/Roth reunion failed Dave's "A Little Aint' Enough-WB" and "Your Filthy Little Mouth-Reprise(a subsidiary label of WB's)" were both discontinued from Warner Brother's catalogue.

Do you follow? It's simply business. I'm not legally educated but I have a similar scenario that might make a little sense. A few years ago my brother in law left a large Mortgage firm along with his boss to form their own firm. Well a couple of years later they became very successful locally and a larger national firm bought them out. To make a long story short, my brother in law had to sue his former partner over the resolution of their former company and its assets and residuals. The case was settled out of court through mediation and they remain friends to this day. It's just with big partnerships involving alot of money, there can be a great deal of red tape to cut before all parties are satisfied.

[ February 28, 2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Ou812max ]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen