Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

ICE CREAM MAN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI GUYS,

I AM AN ITALO-AMERICAN FAN OF VAN HALEN AND I HAVE READ SOME INTERESTING POSTS HERE.

SOME FEELINGS ABOUT THIS AWFUL VH SITUATION.

I WAS WONDERING: WHY THE HELL IS DAVE NEGATIVE ABOUT A REUNION TODAY? HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT HE WAS SO "POSITIVE FOR THE FUTURE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...", THAT HE DESCRIBED THE REUNION AS INEVITABLE AND SO ON ..TO END UP THESE DAYS WITH THE POSSIBLE ADMISSION OF NO REUNION AT ALL? AND WHAT ABOUT MIKE? SITTING DOWN AND WORK WITH EACH OTHERS' POINTS OF VIEW SEEMED FINE TO ME...THEN WHAT? AND WHAT ABOUT EDDIE? CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH AND NEWS SOON BUT...WHERE ARE THE NEWS? OH, MAYBE HE REFERRED TO HIS UPCOMING DIVORCE...
    I MEAN, ALL THIS JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. AT LEAST A YEAR AGO THEY ALL AGREED ON SHUTTING UP. NOW IT'S JUST A MESS.
    OVERALL, I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD JUST TELL US IF THE DREAM IS OVER.
    CANCER, DIVORCE, VH3 FAILURE, LABEL AND MANAGER AND SINGER DISMISSED ARE ALL GOOD REASONS TO SAY "THE PARTY IS OVER", BUT CONSISTENTLY LYING OR PROMISING NEWS WHILE SILENCE IS THE ONLY THING OCCURRING TODAY SEEMS TOO MUCH TO ME.
    THERE IS NO REASON TO SHUT THE HELL UP LIKE THIS.
    I HOPE EDDIE IS NOT WILLING TO HIRE A 4TH SINGER. IT WOULD BE THE TOTAL END.
    BUT MAYBE WHILE I'M WRITING THE END HAS JUST BEEN WRITTEN FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK BANDS OF THE PLANET.
    I WAS FRUSTRATED 2 YEARS AGO, ONE YEAR AGO, BUT TODAY I THINK MOST FANS, EVEN HARDCORE ONES, ARE REALLY TOO DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS STORY.
    PARTY ON???? IF EDDIE SAYS SO.......I THINK I'LL RATHER PARTY ON WITH AEROSMITH OR AC-DC...THEY STILL PARTY ON. VH? ACCORDING TO ME, 18 YEARS OF MUSIC AMD 10 ALBUMS. THE REST (I.E. POST '96) IS JUST SHIT.

BUT WHY BEING SO POSITIVE AND LATER ACTING SO WEIRD?

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

ALBERTINO

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...must fight evil caps... wha??? anyways....

I think I can safely say why Dave is talking bad about another reunion. I compare it to when a junior high schooler gets rejected by the pretty girl, and then turns to his friends and says "Well, that bitch was fat, anyways!"

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Albertino:
    HI GUYS,

I AM AN ITALO-AMERICAN FAN OF VAN HALEN AND I HAVE READ SOME INTERESTING POSTS HERE.

SOME FEELINGS ABOUT THIS AWFUL VH SITUATION.

I WAS WONDERING: WHY THE HELL IS DAVE NEGATIVE ABOUT A REUNION TODAY? HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT HE WAS SO "POSITIVE FOR THE FUTURE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...", THAT HE DESCRIBED THE REUNION AS INEVITABLE AND SO ON ..TO END UP THESE DAYS WITH THE POSSIBLE ADMISSION OF NO REUNION AT ALL? AND WHAT ABOUT MIKE? SITTING DOWN AND WORK WITH EACH OTHERS' POINTS OF VIEW SEEMED FINE TO ME...THEN WHAT? AND WHAT ABOUT EDDIE? CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH AND NEWS SOON BUT...WHERE ARE THE NEWS? OH, MAYBE HE REFERRED TO HIS UPCOMING DIVORCE...
    I MEAN, ALL THIS JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. AT LEAST A YEAR AGO THEY ALL AGREED ON SHUTTING UP. NOW IT'S JUST A MESS.
    OVERALL, I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD JUST TELL US IF THE DREAM IS OVER.
    CANCER, DIVORCE, VH3 FAILURE, LABEL AND MANAGER AND SINGER DISMISSED ARE ALL GOOD REASONS TO SAY "THE PARTY IS OVER", BUT CONSISTENTLY LYING OR PROMISING NEWS WHILE SILENCE IS THE ONLY THING OCCURRING TODAY SEEMS TOO MUCH TO ME.
    THERE IS NO REASON TO SHUT THE HELL UP LIKE THIS.
    I HOPE EDDIE IS NOT WILLING TO HIRE A 4TH SINGER. IT WOULD BE THE TOTAL END.
    BUT MAYBE WHILE I'M WRITING THE END HAS JUST BEEN WRITTEN FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK BANDS OF THE PLANET.
    I WAS FRUSTRATED 2 YEARS AGO, ONE YEAR AGO, BUT TODAY I THINK MOST FANS, EVEN HARDCORE ONES, ARE REALLY TOO DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS STORY.
    PARTY ON???? IF EDDIE SAYS SO.......I THINK I'LL RATHER PARTY ON WITH AEROSMITH OR AC-DC...THEY STILL PARTY ON. VH? ACCORDING TO ME, 18 YEARS OF MUSIC AMD 10 ALBUMS. THE REST (I.E. POST '96) IS JUST SHIT.

BUT WHY BEING SO POSITIVE AND LATER ACTING SO WEIRD?

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

ALBERTINO
    I agree with you, Albertino. There seems to be no reason for hope. I guess we're all kinda pathetic, maybe not. But we're scavenging, hoping for positive news. To be honest, I've kind of given up. I now just have a sort of twisted interest in seeing it all fall down. But I have no actual hope that it's coming back.

Would be nice, but probably not.

Welcome, Albertino.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.22.12 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please turn off your caps lock. A body of text comprised entirely of capital letters is both difficult and annoying to read.

Otherwise, welcome.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome Albertino,

Yes, I know what you mean. I'm from the Netherlands (Ed & Al's HOMEcountry!!!!!)and feel almost the same about this situation. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    For me it al started when Sammy was thrown out (I had a bad feelin' about that) and when they canceled almost the whole European tour back in '98 and never came back to make it up! I've seen VH only once in my whole life and that was with Sammy back in '94-'95. I'm following Sammy's musical steps more closely now, and went to Cabo 2 years ago and had a MAJOR blast! I'm going again this year and I'm sure I'll see Mikey there!
    This way 'll be able to see at least two of the once so kickass band! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

First off, welcome. But please lay off the CAPS, it's really tough to read. I'm lazy enough as it is, don't make it any worse for me.

Second, I think VH with either Dave or Sammy is over. The only possibility left (and it's only because of the presence of CASH) is a final reunion tour. An album is out of the question because Eddie is never going to allow either former singer to have a position of power in VH, and Sammy and Dave won't be willing to work in a creative situation where they're just hired guns. How do you reconcile a situation where the guy coming in wants full membership and the organization refuses to give it to them?

Third, I'm going to move this thread over to the Opinions Forum for further discussion. [img]smile.gif[/img]