Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

Go to Melodirock.com!

That, my friends, is excellent news! That's the best news you'll get in 2002.
    A new HSAS album would eat whatever DLR studio album/DVD or VH/4th singer could come up with!
    Bring it on, I'm ready to take all bets on that!
    I'd die to hear the "Animation/Valley of The Kings/Giza" trilogy live!

The Hagar/Schon chemestry is second to none (well I could think of one, but that's another story...).

Anyone who hasn't should pick up a copy of "Through The Fire" and see what I'm talking about!

Top Of The Rock indeed!
    Little Dreamer

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a copy of the earlier HSAS cd... It is ok at best and no where near impressive! However (while I am not a big fan of) Brittney Spears, Back Door Boys or NSTINK, I think I would rather listen to these artists rather than Sammy making a ludicrous attempt of making some sort of viable music without his musical soulmates (Eddie, Alex & Mikey)!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Awesome! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] That would be cool if Mikey joined them, but I think it'd be better if he toured with VH.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There is no way in hell that Eddie would give Mikey permission to record with Sammy and Neil Schon.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

I would not fault Mike for leaving to record with Sammy.

I truly believe that he is tired of Ed's bullshit and keeps trying to jumpstart the Van Halen machine with his "slip-ups." (As if he did not know that his statements to Rols would be disseminated through the fan grapevine in 20 minutes).

Without Mikey, it could be interesting to see if Ed, Dave and Al would give the much-rumored post-Fair Warning tour lineup a shot. If I remeber correctly, after Talas opened for VH on the Fair Warning tour, Ed and Dave wanted to bring in Billy Sheehan, but that change was nixed by Al. With Mike out, a lineup of Dave, Ed, Al, and Billy would be intrguing.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Van Halen couldn't continue without Mike.

His harmonies are the key to their vocal sound and Dave needs help, no way they could pull it off without Mike.

If Mike leaves, Van Halen is done.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    There is no way in hell that Eddie would give Mikey permission to record with Sammy and Neil Schon.
    I agree with ya there Ford. Eddie needs to get his act together or let Mikey tour with Hagar. He has a bass to promote. Can't do much promoting sitting around with a finger in the air.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I won't believe it until Brad posts it on the official web site [img]smile.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    Does he need Eddie's permission to quit VH?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:46 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

New HSAS? Suh-WEET! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Through the Fire is still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Here is the full story if some people have a problem getting to melodicrock.com.

NEW SUPER-GROUP PROMISES TO BRIGHTEN UP 2002 FOR ROCK MUSIC FANS:
    A new supergroup is being formed in Los Angeles, with plans being formulated for an album then a US tour.
    The group will be fronted by former Van Halen vocalist Sammy Hagar. Playing alongside Hagar will be long time friend and current Journey guitarist Neal Schon.
    It's no secret that Sammy and Neal have been looking for a situation where they could work together again.
    News of the pair's intended plans have been the subject of discussion on a dozen Internet message boards.
    Current Journey (and former Hardline) drummer Deen Castronovo is also involved with the project.
    But the interesting twist in this tale is the question of just who would be the bass player.

The hottest tip out of L.A. for this position is none other than Sammy's former band mate - Van Halen's own Michael Anthony.
    Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony have maintained their friendship over the years, despite Hagar's acrimonious split with the band he fronted for over a decade.
    The only individual that has recently commented on anything related to the band's activities - Brad Starks, Van Halen's webmaster, was contacted for a comment, but had not replied at time of printing this.
    It is understood that a legendary rock n roll manager is behind the super group's plans and is shopping a Studio Album and US Tour package to various companies.

The other rumour associated with this super group project is the possible inclusion of a second guitarist.
    If so, the hottest tip from LA based sources is that the position was offered to and accepted by former Guns N Roses guitarist Slash.
    Planning is still in it's early stages and there is as yet, no suggestions on the board for a name to the project.

Until a formal Press Release is made available, consider this group a work in progress. No one yet seems sure about the time line involved here either. But I hope full confirmation of the band's line up, plus plans for the album and tour will be announced soon.

Schon and Hagar have previously recorded and toured together, with the 80's supergroup HSAS, which was rounded out by Michael Shrieve (drums) and Kenny Aaronson (bass).
    Interestingly, Hagar has also shared the stage with Schon and Castronovo on at least one previous occasion - as a special guest of Hardline, live in Marin County, California in 1992. As a show finale, they jammed on the HSAS track Top Of The Rock.

Neal Schon jammed with Slash as recently as last night in Los Angeles as guests of Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers. Slash and Schon both previously appeared as guests on Rodgers' Muddy Water Blues album.
    Yet another odd connection between this group of musicians was the recent appearance of Slash performing Eddie Van Halen's famous guitar parts on Michael Jackson's latest TV special.
    Neal is again scheduled to guest on stage this weekend - with Sammy Hagar live (February 2 & 3) at Konocti Harbor, Kelseyville, California. Tickets are available from the venue.

One big question is whether or not another guest - Michael Anthony - might also join the guys onstage?

As for Van Halen - speculation of their future has again been rife after news of the band's amicable split with Warner Bros.
    Unfortunately, everything I have been told suggests another year void of activity for the band in 2002.
    Despite the passionate fan base holding out for a re-union with David Lee Roth, it appears hopes of that happening are slim.
    There are current rumours of a David Lee Roth solo summer tour, plus he is busy currently working on his own DVD release.

Van Halen's webmaster Brad Starks has gone on record saying the split from Warner is a good thing. That might be so, but in the short term it means that there will be little band activity.
    If Van Halen - the band did indeed have material with Roth recorded, there is no way that Warner would let the band walk away, or refuse to release whatever was on offer.
    Despite a short re-union with Roth in 2000, the band are yet to provide any proof that any music was even recorded. Had the opportunity been there to release a Best Of Volume 2, my personal view is that option would have been taken already.

Industry sources say that Warner Bros. and future perspective labels will not be interested in the band until a line up is formalised.
    It has long been rumoured that Warner Bros. wanted either Sammy or Dave back in the band for a new album, but was not interested in making the band an offer for an album with a fourth singer.
    With neither re-union failing to materialise, the band and label split on agreed terms. This upholds the premise Starks made clear earlier - that Van Halen was not dropped by Warner.

But all is not lost - even though it appears that Van Halen are without a contract and without a singer, the split with Warner and long time attorney Don Engel is apparently allowing Eddie Van Halen to building the band back up again from square one. Whether the new look Van Halen camp includes Roth, Hagar or a fourth vocalist is anyone's guess.
    Whether there will be any kind of Van Halen release this year - Best Of Vol 2 or a compilation of unreleased material - and through whatever label - is once again up for debate.
    But either way, it might be some yet until the next chapter of Van Halen's long and colourful career is opened.
    c. melodicrock.com

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Van Halen needs Mike to continue..without a doubt. But if he is part of this new band, who can blame him?

peace

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All, but a VERY few!
    Last Online

11.03.16 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

If I can't have a Van Halen reunion, I'll definately take this. I love all of these guys' music!!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HSAS-C

Hagar, Schon, Anthony, Slash, Castronovo.

Very well could be the most exciting news for 'guitar rock' in a decade! At least for those of us who have experienced their 30th birthday...
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting...Slash and Sammy...If Sammy lets his hair grow out, they could have a "hair-off" to see who has the wildest mop! Imagine the sponsorship possibilities!