Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cancer. It is a life changing experience that causes anyone who has it to re-evaluate his or her life. Ed is no different. He is a husband. A father. He's in his 40's. He has made a good living doing what he loves - making music. He is in pursuit of what we are all looking for. Happiness. Why should he give a second thought to a reunion with someone who he clearly hasn't gotten along with over the years? There's no reason to. Ed has nothing to prove. He's made great music and entertained millions of people. Now he's moved on to a new chapter in his life. A private chapter. So be it.

This thought hit me today as I was driving home from work. I was listening to "Take Your Whiskey Home", a kick ass tune I hadn't heard in years. And I thought to myself - "he has nothing to prove. He's reached the top and he was there for years. He's simply moved on."

Good for you Ed.

[ April 19, 2002 at 07:49 PM: Message edited by: LightBulb5150 ]</p>
    LightBulb5150<br />I bring things to light.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LightBulb5150:
    Cancer. It is a life changing experience that causes anyone who has it to re-evaluate his or her life. Ed is no different. He is a husband. A father. He's in his 40's. He has made a good living doing what he loves - making music. He is in pursuit of what we are all looking for. Happiness. Why should he give a second thought to a reunion with someone who he clearly hasn't gotten along with over the years? There's no reason to. Ed has nothing to prove. He's made great music and entertained millions of people. Now he's moved on to a new chapter in his life. A private chapter. So be it.

This thought hit me today as I was driving home from work. I was listening to "Take Your Whiskey Home", a kick ass tune I hadn't heard in years. And I thought to myself - "he has nothing to prove. He's reached the top and he was there for years. He's simply moved on."

Good for you Ed.
    I have nor I bet several others have no problem with Ed moving on, but dontcha think it would be decent to maybe let your fans know?
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't think he has gone on. We would have known that already. I do think there is something wrong with him though.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Ugh. Sorry, no offence, but I'm soooooo tired of people convincing themselves of this. We have no friggin idea about ed's health. To assume we do, and that he is sick, is completely pointless.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Eddie may have moved on, retired, may be very sick, we just don't really know. As for what does he have to prove by working with Dave again, nothing. But, being a guitar player, I know when you have at one time clicked with some other people in a band setting, it is always cool to see if you can go there again and have the same magic in the air.
    Sometimes it happens, sometimes it's a swing and a miss. He and Dave did work together again, myself I think Ed got sick and things were put on hold at that time, when Dave said the hands fell off the clock. Hopefully, when Ed gets well, the hands will start turning on the VH clock again. We need to just be thankful for Dave and Sammy bringing the songs to us this summer, hope they get along, wait for Sammy and Mike's new music as well as Dave's next solo cd.
    I know this is looking way down the road, but next thing you know, it's getting close to RRHoF time, and at the worst, we will see them all play together one more time, if only for a few songs. If for some reason they get in to the Hall, and refuse to play together, I will then get on board with all the nay-sayers and rip the band a new one. Not wanting to make new albums or tour together, I can live with, but if they can't get on the same page for a night to pay homage to the music they made together, and that has meant so much to so many, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back in my opinion.

I doubt this will be the case, and I just hope Eddie is ok and getting better. Throat cancer could take away the ability to speak if it made its way into the vocal chords, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially someone with a wife and son. I just want to be able to shake his hand someday and thank him for the music, and see that grin that always made the music so real to me.

Many thanks to Dave and Sammy for helping us out and giving us our fix of Rock and Roll this summer. I wish them much success as well and hope and pray they can get along in a way that will lead to bigger and better things. In the whole scheme of things, it would be a great statement to everyone that people can work their shit out and get it together, if you go the extra mile.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LightBulb5150:

Good for you Ed.
    Ok, so I guess we should all give up on this silly dream we all have about the greatest rock band of all time creating new,kick-ass guitar blazing music that will end this current phase of Creed,rap,boy bands,Alien Fuck Farm,Limp Dickless clones etc. I really dont know what your musical taste is but I feel pretty shitty that the era of music that I love is just about extinct.It's fine to want privacy but the least he can do regardless of his situation,is somehow release a statement saying simply "We retire,go home douche-bags".He doesn't have to give a long drawn-out reason.It could be a 4 second statement to the point and I would be satisfied.Think about it, we are all absolutely pathetic for coming here every night expecting to hear something when odds are that it is over.As the old saying goes "Shit or get off the commode" Ed.
    Originally Posted by vanzefflin
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LightBulb5150:

Good for you Ed.
    I have nor I bet several others have no problem with Ed moving on, but dontcha think it would be decent to maybe let your fans know?
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]if eddie wants to move on fine, but you are right rol it would be the decent thing to do.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Ugh. Sorry, no offence, but I'm soooooo tired of people convincing themselves of this. We have no friggin idea about ed's health. To assume we do, and that he is sick, is completely pointless.
    Exactly. As I've said in other threads, there are some here who get off on starting these "poor Eddie" threads, trying to save our favorite Lying Dutchman from well deserved scrutiny, given his actions over the last 6 years.

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER THAT EDWARD VAN HALEN©®™ IS CURRENTLY SICK

Until there is, enough with the pity parties
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by seenbad:
    Exactly. As I've said in other threads, there are some here who get off on starting these "poor Eddie" threads, trying to save our favorite Lying Dutchman from well deserved scrutiny, given his actions over the last 6 years.

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER THAT EDWARD VAN HALEN©®™ IS CURRENTLY SICK

Until there is, enough with the pity parties
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen FORD!!!!!!
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.21.10 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD,
    I would not be so quick to discount Eddie's health issues. From what I know, he had Avascular Necrosis of both of his femoral heads....that is the bone in the hip dies from lack of blood flow. This causes arthritis and severe pain and disability. A common cause, of this is Alcholism. Dr. Moreland (orthopedic surgeon to the stars in Cali) who did his initial hip replacement stated that Eddie had AVN in his other hip as well. He could be really bothered by pain in the other hip. He could have also had it replaced and we would never know. So, I for one, can see where the health issue, AVN and arthritis of the hip, did cause and continues to be a disabling problem. Incidently, Steve Perry and Bo Jackson had this same disease although from different causes than Eddies.

E.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tommy:
    FORD,
    I would not be so quick to discount Eddie's health issues. From what I know, he had Avascular Necrosis of both of his femoral heads....that is the bone in the hip dies from lack of blood flow. This causes arthritis and severe pain and disability. A common cause, of this is Alcholism. Dr. Moreland (orthopedic surgeon to the stars in Cali) who did his initial hip replacement stated that Eddie had AVN in his other hip as well. He could be really bothered by pain in the other hip. He could have also had it replaced and we would never know. So, I for one, can see where the health issue, AVN and arthritis of the hip, did cause and continues to be a disabling problem. Incidently, Steve Perry and Bo Jackson had this same disease although from different causes than Eddies.

E.
    Can you give us a source for this info?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Source for Eddie's Hip operation--common knowledge. I think he got it in 1998 or early 1999. Articles in the news and at VHND. Both hips were involved, and AVN does not get better very often....so you get more collapse and arthritis as time goes on. Whether or not you get a hip replacement is an individual choice based on if you have a lot of pain or want to change your lifestyle to a more sedentary one. Hip replacements last 10-15 years in general providing there is not excessive wear or any other complication. They are not forever, and the more you walk or run, the faster they wear out.
    Steve Perry--saw it on VHI or MTV on Journey behing the music or something.
    Bo Jackson--dislocated his hip playing football, got AVN...and collapse and arthritis. Ran on it, destroyed in within short order, and is on hip 2 or 3.

The stuff I posted is not new news. Just stuff that I have kept in mind this whole time.

E

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eddie's hip transplant was right after the Van Danniels split in late 1999. It is not likely the issue.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD,
    It is the other hip that I am referring to. Thanks for the date correction. And you are correct, the one he had replaced should not, although we don't know for sure, be a problem.

E

[ April 20, 2002 at 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Tommy ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the bottom line. Sick or healthy, planning a comeback, or calling it quits, Ed should have the decency to at least put out a word to his fans WHAT he plans on doing....I think after years of living off the money he racked in from fans buying his records and merchandise and going to see his shows, he owes us at least SOME word on what the fuck he's doing oen way or the other!

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV