Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, it's a wee bit premature but I think it's safe to say it's been over a year sence we heard Jack Squat what's going on at camp Van Halen. I don't think we'll be hearing anything, anytime soon. The last thing we heard was Gary left. That announcement came right about the time I registered. Prior to that, all we were getting, for the most part was, the band is working on new material and it's their "best ever!"...Must not have been..

It's been over 4 years sence Sammy was shit-canned.
    It's been over 4 years sence the (now affectionately called) '96 Fiasco.
    It's been over 2 years sence we've had anything new.
    It's been over 2 years sence they've toured.

I think my patience has worn thin.

I've decided to make my personal aniversary, here at good ole VHLinks, Nov. 16, Van Halen's deadline.

I need some news.

I'm sick of the silence. I'm sick of rumors.
    I need something solid. Trust me. If Dave is back, and they decide to kick him out, I can handle it. I know we all can. We might be pissed, but we'll get over it.

There's nothing to gain by alienating your fans. Do they owe us anything? No. But deafining silence is downright mean. For a band that has always included their fans, in every aspect of their careers, complete shutout is more than I can bare!

I'm begining to lose interest. I'm starting to not care anymore. I'm starting to get resentful. Almost to the point that when they finally release something, I'll take the attitude "Fuck 'em. They can shove that new cd up their ass."

So, I'm just about ready to move on. Sammy's new cd is almost here. New tour. New updates. Think I'll indulge in that.

I'm a huge Beatle fan. Think I'll start checking into BeatleLinks...

There's alot more going on than "No News, is Good news"...

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics!

"Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard
    "Politians speech is jive. He likes to keep her lie alive. And mass confusion, makes him strong...Serious JuJu!" -Sammy 10/13
    "They'll find a cure, for anything. Just kill the pain! Numb my brain!" -Sammy, OU812
    "Winner takes it all, 'Till he breaks the fall, In time he'll make it over the top! -Sammy, Over The Top
    Check-out the latest news on Sammy! Click!: www.shnewsdesk.com

[This message has been edited by THE MARD (edited October 03, 2000 at 07:36 AM).]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:47 PM
    Liked 963 Times in 385 Posts

speak for yourself MARD. if they kick dave out again, i'm gonna be one pissed dude, and so will a lot of other people again. chances are if it's screwed up this time, it's done for good.

JMJ

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I hear ya MARD. I'm starting to just not give a shit anymore too. I used to check on VHLinks and MTV every day, first thing in the morning, waiting for an announcement. Now it's oh well, they ain't gonna say anything, anyways. Of course I'll still buy the new CD, the remasters, and see them on tour a couple times, but it's really getting old guys. They should've made an announcement by this summer, at least.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well said MARD.

I feel the same way.

------------------
    EUAS

Let's Get this Show on The Road!!!!

(VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!"
    DLR Army Moderator

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, I'm about to that point myself, as far as the losing interest goes. I'm finding myself not checking in for days at a time where I used to check every hour or so. The rumor mill is just about empty and I don't forsee anything happening anytime soon. I really don't like the Sammy quote and will be extremely pissed if it were to be true. I think Dave is okay solo, but far more superior with Van Halen. So....I ain't going anywhere unless they tell me that Dave's gone. I'm just sitting put for now, nothing more to discuss. No news sucks fucking ass.

-Adam

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ditto that Mard! I find myself visiting this board and VHND less and less. Until some official announcement is made, I'll probably not be posting much here (Looking at my number of posts, I really haven't posted all that much compare to some). If and when an announcement is made, I hope I'm more excited than I am right now. Let's hope for the best.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.19.13 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, it's gotten really old. My interest is gone. Work ethic huh? Whatever....

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, i can't believe it, people out there that feel the same way i do... it's like this, i used to come in here like everyday, about 10-15 times a day... no doubt... but after a while, you start to realize that it's a waste of time... all that time devoted to coming in here can definately be devoted to doing something more constructive... and WHEN van halen announces something, we'll find out, for crying outloud... what good is it gonna do to be the FIRST one to find out, and first one to go in there and give your 2 cents worth... i mean, i'm not on an anti-links campaign, but i mean, it's a waste of time to live your life in here... if you have www.vhnd.com as your home page (which a lot of us probably do), you'll see it everytime you get online... and you'll find out when the news hits... just my HO though...

-lizard

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:
    speak for yourself MARD. if they kick dave out again, i'm gonna be one pissed dude, and so will a lot of other people again. chances are if it's screwed up this time, it's done for good.

JMJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am speaking only of myself.

However, if and when Dave comes out and says I've been kicked out, again, blah, blah,blah.
    What are you gonna do? Kill yourself? Throw all your VH cd away? Turn the station when VH comes on? No. Life will go on.

Besides, as long as they're alive a reunion is possible.

I'm just sick of waiting for it. Hell, give me the new songs they did with Gary. Anything!

What would it hurt if someone from the VH camp said. "I've talked to Alex the other day. They're not sure if this reunion will work." Or "Ed's taking some time off for awhile." or whatever!

We don't HAVE to hear from the band themselves per se, but ANYBODY!
    Christ! Even their website silent!

I'm just about sick of it. That's all...

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics!

"Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard
    "Politians speech is jive. He likes to keep her lie alive. And mass confusion, makes him strong...Serious JuJu!" -Sammy 10/13
    "They'll find a cure, for anything. Just kill the pain! Numb my brain!" -Sammy, OU812
    "Winner takes it all, 'Till he breaks the fall, In time he'll make it over the top! -Sammy, Over The Top
    Check-out the latest news on Sammy! Click!: www.shnewsdesk.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Be Happy......

------------------
    "Eddie Van Halen? That man could play a symphony with his ass hairs"-some old man

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i know how you all feel.
    i'm just as passionate about the band as eddie himself (well, almost.)
    i agree it would be nice if they would let us know what the F is going on, but their silence can only mean one of two things:
    1. they can't say anything
    2. they won't say anything

mix these scenarios with the all the legal bullshit they are dealing with AND the health issues (which everyone selfishly forgets) and it seems to me that there HAS TO BE some logical reason(s)why VH is silent.

i, for one, trust they are doing the right thing - perhaps for reasons we don't understand or will never know. it's not our band, and not our lives.

and when the album comes out, all of this waiting will be forgotten in an instant.
    everyone (MTV, radio) will be kissing their asses once again, and we'll just be regular fans like years ago - only we won't be considered crazy for being obsessed.

------------------
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge
    "See, all I do is make music..." - EVH
    "Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ever the disgusting optimist, I have this to say:

Well damnit, we're 323 days closer to the announcement than we were on 11/16/99!

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

THE MARD and I both registered on the Links the same day. I'd love to see an announcement by November 16, but I wouldn't put that as a deadline because I honestly don't believe they'll announce by then. Hang in there MARD.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:47 PM
    Liked 963 Times in 385 Posts

i just meant MARD that if they do the "dave is in, dave is out" thing again then i'd be ticked. i'd still buy and go see whatever they put out, i always will. but ti'll agree, this silence stuff is rotten

JMJ

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know what I think !
    I think that Van Halen is the first band in the History of music that don't give news to the fans for a year !
    I mailed Brad several times and he never reply me ! ( maybe he don't understand my English ! ) !
    It's strange ... too strange , maybe Eddie healt is not good for real ! If so , we wanna know about him too ! Then , ok ... every one will got his privacy ! I understand healt things !

But if not ... why they don't say anything to the fans ... I understand contracts problems , new singers , the 1996 fiasco , all that I can immagine !
    But now please stop ! ... We are fan ... and as fans we gotta know !
    One year with no news , no words ... Brad don't speak !
    Please .. we wanna know what's happening !

I can only understand healts problems for someone in the band ,,, but now , not teh rest ! ...
    If they are tired of playing , just let us know !
    But if not ... remember about the fans please !

------------------
    Eddie_italian from Italy --- member of the G4

Listen to VHvault.com L.S.D. &
    Tribute Radio
    Member of The Van Halen Vault
    VHVault.com Inside 5150