Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Generate some buzz that he is dying again. That always seems to get him out of his shell for while. It's only been almost six months that he said we would be hearing from them soon, six months! It's simply ridiculous for him to state that and then leave us hanging for half a freaking year. I believe in giving anyone the benefit of the doubt but this is simply not cool anymore. Maybe he really is dying.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Yeah thats it, create some buzz that he is dying, that will get him out of his shell??
    ....Yet another positive encouraging post for Ed..
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

umm ....i'll give him a shout....see whats up... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I didn't realize he lost part of his tongue to the cancer... If that's the case then he probably has difficulty speaking, and if THAT'S the case, he is probably very self-conscious about going out in public, which means all our wishful thinking isn't going to get him back on stage on a regular basis... I dunno, just a theory. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    I didn't realize he lost part of his tongue to the cancer... If that's the case then he probably has difficulty speaking, and if THAT'S the case, he is probably very self-conscious about going out in public, which means all our wishful thinking isn't going to get him back on stage on a regular basis... I dunno, just a theory. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    He did not have any difficulty speaking at the LAPD golf tournament on May 18, 2002. A number of us on this board heard him speak at the golf tournament; there was no noticeable change in his speech.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I wish I knew what it would take to get either of the Van Halen bros. to come out of their shells. It is really a shame.

What the hell could they be doing ? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this guy O.K? I wonder if he's truly a "fan". God forbid that Ed get's cancer. A lot of you people have to GROW UP, and realize that there's more important things in life than making music. Trying to STAY ALIVE is THE most important thing in Ed's life at the moment. I'm sure when he's better, he'll let us know what the deal is. Be patient! I'm sure these are the kind of fans that famous people DESPISE.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Well said HissingCobra..Well said..
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hissing Cobra:
    Is this guy O.K? I wonder if he's truly a "fan". God forbid that Ed get's cancer. A lot of you people have to GROW UP, and realize that there's more important things in life than making music. Trying to STAY ALIVE is THE most important thing in Ed's life at the moment. I'm sure when he's better, he'll let us know what the deal is. Be patient! I'm sure these are the kind of fans that famous people DESPISE.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody likes a whiner.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

They All Rock!
    Favorite VH Song

See Above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hissing Cobra:
    Bullshit, musicians make music, that's what they're supposed to do. Have you forgotten that just six months ago, Ed told us that he was cancer free? He's alive and fucking well, now where the hell's the music? A man with this much talent and legacy can't just sit on the sidelines and watch the leaves turn, you know what I mean? If Ed is as healthy as he says, and "it's time to get back to the music and fun", then what's the hold up? I think that me and the other five or six million of us buying all those albums, concert tickets, tshirts, etc over the last 20 or so years deserve the truth, don't you? Fame, and the annoyances that go along with it, is part of the gig. If Ed didn't want to be famous, he sure picked the wrong profession.

[ October 03, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: The Whole Truth ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Take \'yer pick
    Favorite VH Song

Take \'yer pick
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If that's the case then he probably has difficulty speaking, and if THAT'S the case, he is probably very self-conscious about going out in public
    If that's the case then I'm sure he'll use that as an excuse to continue drinking.

Ed: "Well, I used to be very self-conscious about preforming in front of people, so I took comfort in a bottle."

Weekly Rotating Therapist #842: "And what was the event that enabled to relinquish the anchor that was the bottle?"

Ed: "Well, my brother made me hire a manager that could get him neck braces at wholesale cost. And after being around this guy, I became an obsessive, short haired asshole. But, at least I wasn't drinking... much."

Weekly Rotating Therapist #842: "And now you're drinking again. Why is that?"

Ed: "Well, I'm still an obsessive, fan-hating asshole, but now since I had a small piece of my touge taken out, which in reality... mine, not other people's, doesn't have an effect on my speaking ability, I'm afraid that when people hear me talk, even though I never talk to anyone except for my brother, they might think I'm not native Dutch, but retarded."

Weekly Rotating Therapist #842: "Mr. Van Halen, I dislike having to inform you of this, but you're fans already think you're retarded for the way you've treated them for the last four years."

Ed: "They wouldn't think that if they're work ethics didn't suck. If I see one of them, they better be wearing a cup."

Weekly Rotating Therapist #842: "Now Mr. Van Halen, we both know that anger leads us away from happy thoughts. How have those tuba lessons been going for you?"
    "My heroes have always been David Lee Roth, Archie Bunker, and anyone who has ever agreed with me." - Me

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And if you were that obsessed that you'd resort to giving up the rest of your life to stalking him, you would come to LA
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

I email Brad Starks at least once a week about getting some info about the band. Over the last coupke of weeks he's responded with the following.

Sammy is not back in VH
    It is Eddie's intention to bring VH back
    VH will be back

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by The Whole Truth:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hissing Cobra:
    Bullshit, musicians make music, that's what they're supposed to do. Have you forgotten that just six months ago, Ed told us that he was cancer free? He's alive and fucking well, now where the hell's the music? A man with this much talent and legacy can't just sit on the sidelines and watch the leaves turn, you know what I mean? If Ed is as healthy as he says, and "it's time to get back to the music and fun", then what's the hold up? I think that me and the other five or six million of us buying all those albums, concert tickets, tshirts, etc over the last 20 or so years deserve the truth, don't you? Fame, and the annoyances that go along with it, is part of the gig. If Ed didn't want to be famous, he sure picked the wrong profession. </font>[/QUOTE]I agree man, fuck eddie get off your fat lazy arse, call roth, and let's blow this popsickle stand.
    "I used to have a drug problem. Now I make enough money."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by leroy:
    I email Brad Starks at least once a week about getting some info about the band. Over the last coupke of weeks he's responded with the following.

Sammy is not back in VH
    It is Eddie's intention to bring VH back
    VH will be back
    better hurry up man cause i'm gunna die of boredom here, no VH news since Cherbone left, what a load of crap. I gave the VH site more hits than it deserved.
    "I used to have a drug problem. Now I make enough money."