Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We all know that they are waiting for the right time, and will someday finally hit us all with the information, big press conference and all, but why are they doing this to the fans? Why can't they put out a little statment saying who they are working with to shut us down for a while?

It is laughable that Sammy is two months away from releasing his 3rd album since the breakup, and VH to this day as only one to account for. I know we are not keeping score on who does what, but it begs to question the work ethic validity of Hagar. It seems that he is more open to his fans than VH is, this is too much of a sharade that is going on.

It seems that this better be a hell of an album, becuase I believe that they are on a thin line with WB, and this one better produce results. Nothing is guaranteed in life, and I'm sure that this has been made aware to them, thus why GC is gone, and DLR is supposidly back.

They owe it to the fans to fess up, and fess up NOW!!!

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

I know what you mean. What the hell are they waiting for? This is mean. No doubt, this is very mean. Unless there is some reason for covering anything up, which I doubt, this is uncalled or. VH has already screwed the fans before and now they're screwing around with us. If they can put a song on the internet, I'd be tied down for a long time. I just need a new song!

------------------
    Joe

Member of E.B.A.S.

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." - David Lee Roth

[This message has been edited by NOaverageJOE (edited August 04, 2000 at 11:16 AM).]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I gotta disagree with ya. If they put out an album, they owe us the best album they can put together, if they tour, they owe us the best show they can put on. Other than that, they owe us nothing IMO. I don't think they owe us an announcement at all, though I agree it would be nice.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started one of these "sick of waiting' threads 3 months ago, too. I just hope, that after all this waitin' they don't let us all down, by announcing that Dave isn't back. To be honest with you, I think us VH fans are too patient.

Glenn's right, they don't owe us anything. But the fact remains we have always come to expect certain things with this band. Were conditioned this way. Bottom line if we get anything less than what were expectin' alot of fans are gonna be pissed off. Were just human beings.

[This message has been edited by dropdeadlegs (edited August 04, 2000 at 11:25 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Or Humans Being.

------------------
    G.A.H.R.

VH2000
    They don't owe us anything!

I think WE get ourselves all wound up and it's our own fault for getting frustrated!
    It would be great if someone from the band would come out and say something, but I think they are just taking their time with this so it gets done right!

With the debacle back in '96, everyone just assumed that when they were working with DLR and he showed up on the MTV VMA's, that he must be back in the band. This was not the case and everything went to shit fast!

Now, it seems, they are just trying to keep everything quiet (obviously), work together to be sure this car will run (426 HEMI powered), and make sure all is smooth before they come out and have a repeat of '96.

I'm dying for any "real" info that I can get, but everyone needs to just relax and listen to all the VH you can - then before you know it, the announcement will come!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's true that VH doesn't "owe" us anything. It's just that it's getting so depressing seeing rumor after rumor...some positive, some negative...some contradicting others. Quite simply I think there might be a lot of us losing our patience. Granted I don't care when a DLR reunion happens as long as it DOES happen. But the swaying rumors and suspense is killing me.

[This message has been edited by Steely (edited August 04, 2000 at 11:47 AM).]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

06.07.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as VH only putting out one album since Sammy left, this can only be attributed to the fact that they were faced with another lead singer switch, for whatever reason. If Gary was still a part of the band VH would have released a new album already and they'd be on tour as we speak. Now assuming Dave is back, they have to go through the whole thing of putting the past behind them plus writing and recording a whole record. Personally, I'd be very surprised if they could have pulled all that off by now. I know it's hard for us all right now, but I think the wait will be well worth it when it's over.

------------------
    "Now what you think is nothin' might be somethin' after all" -Mean Street

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know...when the new cd is released....we can all have a good laugh about the wait-

then...we can do this all over again....while we wait for the next cd after this one......

and then...we can do it again....etc.

It doesn't help to lose patience.....

I'd rather give the band the time they need now to work out the kinks....so we may get more down the road

[This message has been edited by ANGEL4U (edited August 04, 2000 at 11:51 AM).]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Makes you wonder if this whole reunion thing is just a bunch of internet rumors spreading like wildfire. Think about it: no confirmation whatsoever. Maybe the reason we haven't heard anything is because NOTHING is happening.

Remember when Ed said (before the release of III) "If it don't work out this time, consider that the end of Van Halen."??????

------------------
    Awwwww.... Come back to your senses baby: we can cum to terms! I can almost taste it, and it burns! YOUBSITTINPRETTY but you try and take the fifth - wearin' out my welcome, guess I better save my breath....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but it took almost a year and a half after Gary was announced lead singer that they put out VH3.

------------------
    G.A.H.R.

Ed6150
    Roger that Dimon , the way I look at this is it will be WORTH the wait . I have a feeling Ed and the boys are going to come back with a vengance . It will come , good things come to those who wait

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that they do not owe us anything, and I will gladly wait a little bit longer for a higher quality product (ie album and tour), but this has been going on for 8/9 months now! Its a lot to ask your hardcore fans to continue to live through the daily/weekly rumors out there and keep the proper perspective. Obviously, if all of the tidbits of info. are true, it would certainly appear that Dave is back, but until it is officially announced you always have some doubts.

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the longer i wait, the better its gonna be. so take your time boys!

------------------
    DAVE IS BACK!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

06.07.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think if Van Halen was no longer a band, then they would have told us that. They would be going their separate ways and I guarantee we would have heard something from Dave by now. Even if they weren't a band anymore, they wouldn't let their fans think something was up for 9 months and then come out and say "actually, we broke up".

------------------
    "Now what you think is nothin' might be somethin' after all" -Mean Street