Register
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

in the VH encyclopedia about the time VH and Rush were staying in the same hotel back in 1980 over in Europe and Geddy Lee, while playing something for him on his tape recorder, leans over and whispers something in Ed's ear. Ed, probably drunk at the time, replied by pouring his beer into Geddy's tape recorder. I like Rush but I got a chuckle out of this story when I first read it, P.254 if anyone who has the VH encyclopedia wants to check it out.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I was shocked that Ed did that. Guess I don't know him that well.

------------------
    Kenyon Vincent-the linker formerly known as Red-Balled Mammoth.
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

All I want to know is what Geddy said. Maybe he deserved it.

------------------
    IS IT VAN ROTH? OR VAN HAGAR? OR VAN CHERONE? NO MOTHERFUCKER IT IS VAN HALEN!!!!

Last Online

05.01.12 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw this too in the VH Encyclopedia.

And I wondered..... for a moment now.....

Can this relate to Ray Daniels attempt to destroy Van Halen??? You have to have an open mind here. Okay?

Well... I thought, hey Ray Daniels was the Manager of Rush at that time, right?

Well... They were "ban" from playing one of their concerts (van halen that is).

Is it possible that when Ray Daniels had the chance to Mess with a band that was blowing them away in the late 70's and early 80's he most eargerly accepted?

Could all of what happened with the "Reunion" be that by the hand of Ray Daniels......with full intent??

Did he really "set" this all up to fail??

Ray Daniels: "yeah, yeah...hey guys...you have to get Dave back! I know that you don't and for years you've been saying that you would NEVER do it....but listen...I'm your Manager now... Im for you Ed, and well..I don't want to be the one to tell you, but Sammy.....he doesn't care for Van Halen. He wants this to be the "Sammy" show. I'm tellin ya...I'll go throgh the numbers with you Ed...you guys aren't selling like you used to, but you are SO POPULAR right now, and I know that this would be the time Ed.. you need to get Dave back...plain and simply"
    "Sammy doesn't respect you Ed" "I respect you Ed"..."Let's make that 'Dark Side of the Moon' .... lets see if Dave and you still have it"

"well...you know", Edward mumbles..

(You hear the evil mumbling laughter dwelling inside Ray Daniels hollow head)

HarHarHEEEHEHEHharmuwha aaaa aaahhh aaaaa..

I'm telling you...you have had to had an open mind reading this. (what?)

So...I don't know guys!!! What do you think? He set up VH to get Dave Back.... he has Gary Cherone alone now that Extreme broke up so he used Gary as a back up in case things went wrong with his plan before Van Halen w/David Lee Roth could make a new album and start a tour. And things did go wrong, they just couldn't work together.... Musically...they could..."Me Wise Magic" and "Can't Get This Stuff No More" being proof, but it just wasn't working on a personal level. This is what Ed means when he says "I get along with Gary, like were brothers! Soulmates". Ed just couldn't STAND Dave through 1981-84. *and visa versa*

The made great MUSIC, but Ed just can't be around people unless they feel like family. He was, is, a shy guy. He really wanted to be Dave's friend. But anyways...I digress..

So Ed falls in love (not like what some of you sex starved idiots who can only see gary as "that gay guy") with GARY and really feels comfortable (which is important to a recovering Alchoholic) and Ray Daniels plan falls to pieces! He wanted DAVE to have made that album and DAVE to have done that tour...so he could THEN fuck everything up..
    but Ed just couldn't do it! I see Dave's roll in all this as "one of us".
    He is a fan of Van Halen, be it "his" Van Halen, but never the less...Van Halen.

He didn't have any control over the situation he was in. Read his book, you will see. This was not like in 1984...this was not the same situation...this was 1996..this was a moment that was eventually going to happen...we all knew that "one day" Dave would be back with Van Halen. And it was about to happen...and could have...but Ed just wasn't ready. Ray created this party, with intent to harm...but Ed ruined the party himself, but only because he just did what he felt in his heart. He fell in love with Gary. Ed did it. Like Dave says...but it was what Ed had to do. And you know what? I don't think in the future you will ever hear Ed say one bad thing about "III" other than the way they were put onto CD. An error out of his hands. All the copies of "III" were not very well copied. And well..thats all I think Ed would say bad about "III", but I think he is proud of it, it was his, and well...now...maybe now...he is ready for Dave..because he knows this is the last chance to do what everyone of us expects him to do..... It's just now....he can really try to do it.

Who knows? The Van Halen story would make a great read! "The real inside story, of Van Halen" thats some of that legend that Dave always talks about....

sorry for the rambling!

------------------
    ~~ Looks just like an Angel, but angels talkin' trash ~~

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Calm down, you're rambling. Take deep breaths and a valium and come back in the morning

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

redblk&wht
    I think, the only thing you missed was Ray was Alex's brother in law.
    So it wasnt that severe,(RUSH)along with being misguided by a bad Mgr(him), thats why their at this hiatus today, Great post H'Girl
    your a hell of a fan i see..

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redblk&wht:

So it wasnt that severe,(RUSH)along with being misguided by a bad Mgr(him), thats why their at this hiatus today,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI...
    The reason why they are on their hiatus today is because Neil Peart lost his daughter to a car accident in August 1997, his wife to cancer July 1998. He's been trying to put his life back in some type of order (he has recently gotten remarried) and Rush will be heading into the studio Jan/Feb 2001 to record a new record.

redblk&wht
    I was reffering to the topic of VH & Ray, not Rush.The severe meaning, hate by Ray
    how could he, he was family.
    Also, hoping their new CD kicks ass as well.

------------------
    _______
    DLR=VH=
    Classic
    -------

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redblk&wht:

Also, hoping their new CD kicks ass as well.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too redblk&wht. It's good to see some of the old schoolers - VH w/DLR & Rush(both next year), U2, Chili Peppers, Bon Jovi(I hope I'm not flamed)- putting out some good R&R. I'm sick of the dancing, lip-synching high-schoolers ruling the TV and airways.