Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

08.18.07 @ 10:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently saw Tommy Lee's reality show on VH1 where he was complaining how Corporate Radio has forgotten about artist like himself. To a degree, he was basically speaking about any artist that no longer has the fan base they did in the decadent 80's. The artists who have aged but continue to write music because it is in there blood. A fact that is not lost among our VH family. Currently, Sammy is getting no airplay for "Not 4 Sale" and Dave is playing for no crowds.

My business suggestion? Why don't artist of the like put up their own cash to purchase stations in LA, NY and other big markets? Stations that would play the songs that made them famous while also playing their current release's. I know that there is a big market out there for this demographic. The closes thing we have here in LA is KLOS, but they only play a handful of new songs from 70's and 80's artists and the songs are usually pulled from their play list within a month. Instead, Clearwater tells us we want to hear the same 35 songs everyday of the calendar year.

It would seem that these artist would have the capital to break through the corporate radio monopoly. Any feedback? Also, this would only benefit the VH Bros when they decide to put out new or unreleased music.
    When you hear a song, it can make you remember what you felt, where you were and who you were with the first time you heard it. That's what music can do.<br /><br />When I get into you, get into me...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Stations need money.
    Ads = money.
    Listeners = Ads.
    "Tweens" = Listeners.
    CorpPop = "Tweens".

Therefore, CorpPop = Money.

Hence, no radio station gives a damn about a band with a listening audience older than 25.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

The only way the CLEAR CHANNELs of the world will be taken down, is if people stop listening to those stations, which in turn, will drive away advertisers.

CLEAR CHANNEL and most other radio GROUPS spend a lot of money on 'audience testing' and 'consultants'.

If a song doesn't 'test well', it doesn't get played. Program Directors in these radio groups are the bitches of consultants and regional managers, usually in other markets.

If you want to make a difference, boycott corporate radio. CLEAR CHANNEL is the WORST. They are so close to being a monopoly, it's ridiculous. Listen to internet radio, download your favorite music, or buy your favorite music.

As far as an artist buying a radio station, that is an excellent idea. I would love to see that happen.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Music Heals....I hear you bro! I too live in the LA area, and listen to KLOS mostly because there ain't nothing else. Can't really stand KROQ that much and arrow 93 plays music a bit too old for my taste. Ever been down to San Diego? They have a bitchin' radio station down there in the 107's, I think. come to think of it, so does the Riverside area, KCAL? Why can't a big market like LA have a Rockin' station that plays everything from Van Halen, AC/dc, Led Zep, as well as newer shit like Nirvana, System of a down, Soundgarden, Rage etc.

I wish someone would buy or create a better station here. I'm sick of hearing the same old tired playlists on KLOS. Most of the time I listen to my own CD's. Anyone else have this prob?
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Little Dreamer
    New York City (Is there anyplace else???)
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Music Heals:
    I recently saw Tommy Lee's reality show on VH1 where he was complaining how Corporate Radio has forgotten about artist like himself. To a degree, he was basically speaking about any artist that no longer has the fan base they did in the decadent 80's.
    They don't have a fan base because after these artist's sobered up they all wrote crappy music.
    Class Dismissed !!!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The best station I have ever heard is 91x in San Diego, hands down my friends.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by valdez44:
    [QB] Why can't a big market like LA have a Rockin' station that plays everything from Van Halen, AC/dc, Led Zep, as well as newer shit like Nirvana, System of a down, Soundgarden, Rage etc.QB]
    Move to Seattle dude. You just described KISW.
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by valdez44:
    Most of the time I listen to my own CD's. Anyone else have this prob?
    Let's review the "rock" stations in the Cincinnati area, shall we?

</font>
    • WEBN - The Lynyrd Skynyrd/Metallica/Ozzy station. Way too much '70s music, though they've gotten a tad better about that lately.</font>
    • Channel Z - The Korn/Rage/Eminem station. They would be cool if they'd get a bigger variety of music in their playlist and dump "rock" acts like Eminem and Limp Bizkit.</font>
    • The Fox - Classic rock with a decidedly not rock leaning. I love Chicago and Elton John as much as the next guy, but I would call them "Classic Rock."</font>
    • Q102 - Top 40s format (minus rap and R&B) but they fall in love with five songs at a time and kill them. I still have a full-body shudder every time I hear "Complicated."</font>
    • The Mix - See Q102. Same deal, different corporation.
      </font>
    Yeah, radio sucks here.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

In general, radio sucks everywhere. I can't remember the last time I listened to the radio for music. Sad, but true. I'd rather listen to my CD's and music that I like. F radio.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

DLR used to talk about investing his money in radio stations.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

Regular radio generally sucks so bad that I resorted to getting an XM radio and the rock station plays some shit that makes you say "wow, now I haven't heard that one in a long time."

Just this week, I've heard Sammy's new song and "A Little Ain't Enough." Lots of VH and Dave and Sammy solo.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

www.kegl.com

DFW's rock station kicks ass.
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont listen to radio and havent for 2 1/2 years. I always put on a VH cd if im in my car. there is nothing on the radio that im interested in. money lost to the recording world. im guessing im not the only one. but still we need to blame mp3. how lame!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I used to listen to a classic rock station that played a lot of Stones, Zeppelin, and The Who, but I found a rock station 101.5 KFLY that kicks ass. I've heard tons of VH, Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC, Rush, and new good music.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman