Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok I found this on my daily look. I don't know if it's true but maybe we'll see at namm and this might be why we have no custom shop. heres the link to the specific page

Lurker here..........

I'm giving everyone an equal shot at it with the "buy it now" function.

I've already refused two offers at 3.5K

Selling the Star now is actually a bad idea. Wait till the next Van Halen news hits........you'll see what I mean.

eric

Van Halen is DROPPING the Peavey Line.

He's gonna "Return"to His roots-or so his Publicist and Mgmt. say.

Well see.........

Vince.

Meaning WC? (...Was wondering about the new pics on their site with EVH.) Kramer? Or J/C?

I'm wishful thinking right now.

P.S.- I never liked the shape of the Peaveys. Too funky. Actually, I've never liked a Peavey guitar I've met. Decent amps, though.
    Jackson Foeum

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

as long as Kramer is only making imports, i'd say doubtful.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well It mentioned WC which is Wayne Charvels new comany, My Money would be on them, Eddie has stated befor he hates Grover Jackson. It also mentioned There's new pics of eddie on WC's sight I have to go check it out

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok to me this looks like a new Pic

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree, it does look like a new pic.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[ January 09, 2002 at 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Yerfdog ]</p>
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It does look like a new picture, but I find it hard to believ that if Ed leaves Peavey he's going to endorse Charvels. While WC makes fine guitars, Ed's "roots" guitar was homemade, and even though he's owned Charvels, and probably still has a whack of them in his workshop at home, I can't see them being his favorite, or he wouldn't have made the EBMM EVH, or the Wolfgang.
    I guess we'll find out shortly, as the NAMM show is coming up.
    This is one more year I told myself I'd be there, and 1 more year I won't. Damn. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    I hope someone on this forum goes, and has a camera with them.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

thought u'd all like to read the article on ed that accompanies that pic, here goes:

In the early 1970's a young man came into my guitar shop in Azusa, CA, and introduced himself to me as Eddie Van Halen. He asked me if I could stop his Dimarzio pickup from squealing. I told him I could. ( a trick I had learned from an electronics genius, Bob Luly) The pickups would be soaked in hot wax, which is now known as "potting". To the best of my knowledge, we were the first to "pot" after-market pickups. Eddie was happy that the pickup didn't squeal anymore.

After that, Eddie would come by the shop a lot, and sometimes he would sit on the floor and play the guitar while I repaired some of his other guitars. He also did some of his own work. About eight or nine months later, I moved my shop to San Dimas, CA. Eddie and Michael Anthony, (also from Van Halen) used to come over to the new shop and hang out.

We would talk about show business, managers, etc.. I gave them some World War II Atom Bomb Blast glasses and some old paint respirators. They used to wear these on stage for some of their Hollywood shows! (Don't ask me why!)

In that same time period, I teamed up with Dave Schector from Schector Guitar Research. He also made bodies, necks and pickups for guitars. One weekend, Dave and I made one hundred bodies and finished sanded them. I was already in the mail order business selling guitar parts, so it made sense that I would sell Schector bodies and necks. We also sold Boogie bodies and necks.

Shortly after that I purchased two overhead pin routers and made my own bodies and necks. We sold everything, including Dimarzio pickups.

Randy Zacuto, from JB Player also purchased parts from me. He hired a friend of mine named Seymour Duncan, who had been making tele three piece bridge saddles and rewinding pickups to make Mighty Mite pickups for him. A short time later, Seymour came out with his own line of pickups. We also sold those.

One day Eddie came over to the shop and asked if I had an extra body and neck. I told him that I had an extra Boogie Body neck, and an older body that I had constructed in my shop. I gave Ed the parts, and the next time I saw the guitar, he had painted it white with a spray can, and put black tape on it for the stripes. He used nails to hold the pickup in the body.

By the way, the first Dimarzio pickup I potted for Eddie, got too hot and the cream plastic bobbin shriveled up. It looked bad, but it still worked fine. Eddie liked the way it looked. (He liked funky things in those days.) He asked us to build a guitar that was black with yellow stripes. It had a birdseye maple neck, only this time the stripes were painted on. In those days we used laquer and polyester.

Michael Charvel, Richard Charvel,
    Bob Charvel & Mike Anthony of Van Halen

I would like to say that Eddie was and still is a nice and down-to-earth guy, and so is Michael Anthony. I've seen Eddie and Michael over the years, and I am happy to say that they haven't let their "rock star" status go to their heads.

When I was in Hawaii for a Van Halen concert, Eddie introduced his beautiful wife, Valerie Bertinelli to me. She's even prettier in person.

I worked for Fender Musical Instruments for three years in the 1970's, Gibson for three years as a guitar designer and artist relations, and B.C. Rich for one year as a guitar designer and pattern maker. I also owned the W.C. Guitar Company, and the Ritz Guitar Company.

My oldest son, Michael, and I own and operate Charvel Music, a full line music store in Paradise, CA. We are currently manufacturing the "Wayne" guitar as a joint venture. Our new rock legend guitar line is a high quality guitar for the player who wants to get that early "brown" sound.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I find it kinda wierd to, If he goes to Wc he'll be playing a Rock Ledgend, which is just a strat with 1 PU, 1 Volume. Why for the past 10 years has he had the MM and the Wolfgang, maybe he wants to go back to his roots and Play what he played for 20 years prior to that is all I can think of. what sucks is there's a 18 month long waiting list for a Wayne guitar. Unless there's somwthing big dropping that know one knows involving Wanye and a big company like Jackson or Gibson(Who owns the Kramer name). The guitars in the pic don't give us a clue either 1 is a Dimartini cross swards and the other looks like an eye ball graphic kinda like vai's. Another thing what if this is true and he drops peavey what happens to the 5150 amps? Does he go to Soldano, or mesa, or maybe a reissue Marshell.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's an interesting article, JMJ. i don't know what to think, except that i think that eddies going to wayne.
    that last line about the brown sound just totally seals it for me. and after i already got a wolfie!

that's interesting too, though, because mikey was saying that they would be going back to their roots, and then all of a sudden we get this.

but tribb is right, i don't see how he would give up his deal with peavey after making a guitar that's specially designed to him.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I heard from a musicman rep that Ed is resigning with them.

I hope it's true.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

On Fire
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddie:
    If this is true, then I'm glad I have a Wolfie, because the value of it is about to shoot up!<hr></blockquote>

I don't think the value of the Wolfgangs will shoot up if Ed leaves Peavey. The Wolfgang is a mass produced guitar and my guess is there has been over 30,000 made.

Obviously things are not 100% right in the Peavey/EVH camp, otherwise we would have seen the opening of the Wolfgang custom shop by now. If he did go back to MM, there would have to have been a change of thinking on his part. And also some apologies...

[ January 10, 2002 at 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Roshambo ]</p>

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well AJ from Peavey has openly expressed irritation at EVH for not signing off on the Custom Shop. If EVH does leave Peavey, things are going to be a mess. Peavey has the Custom Shop ready to go. I can't imagine how much money and time Peavey put into it. I for one would think that EVH leaving yet another company is just going to make him look a difficult guy to deal with. Fickle comes to mind. Well see in a few weeks if anything happens with this.

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

The article from the Charvel site has been there for ages....but the pictures added to it are a recent development. The picture with Mikey looks pretty recent, as does the one with Ed. Of course, I'm only speculating here....I know I had been drooling over the guitars on the site for a long time, and they were available with D-tunas as an option. Who knows? Anyhow, interesting happenings to say the least. Anyone remember the Custom shop Wolfgangs that were on ebay last year? Now maybe THOSE might be worth something.....

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still find it hard to believe he'll sign with Charvel, one reason being the long waiting list for guitars. He stated that he left EBMM because of the long wait, and it's even longer at Charvel.