Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.08.11 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was cleaning out some of my things not too long ago and came across an old ticket from my first concert that I went to. Van Halen's Monsters Of Rock Tour. Now I know that I may get some flack for this being my first vh concert experience, but growing up in central Maine, there isn't nor there weren't a lot of places to see good shows.

Van Halen did come up with Roth quite a few times, but I was too young to go see them. By the time I really got into the Roth era (1984)Album was the first one that I bought they stopped coming up to Maine (with Roth that is.)

Anyways, to get to the show, seeing that ticket brought back the memory of spending 8+hours in the pouring rain. And I do mean pouring rain. It got so bad during that they to stop the concert twice during the Scorpions due to a severe thunderstorm. Every band that I saw, with the exception of Kingdom Come (whom I didn't get a chance to see) did a great job.

No matter how much my friends wanted to leave, I refused. This was a birthday gift and I wasn't about to leave with out seeing the best damn bad in the world on stage. I braved the rain, got soaking wet, stood there as close as I could to the stage, shivering, getting sick (which I did) first raised in the air and just being in heaven. I still remember the first song that they sand (afu) Naturally Wired, and singing all night till my voice went.

I went no to see Van Halen 3 more times with Hagar. All shows were great, and the cool part about it, Sammy still mentioned the Monsters of Rock Tour. Hell I saw him at the State Theater in Portland last year and he still mentioned it.

This is my first post, and I sorry that its not too exciting, but I hope that this gets eveyone to reply and write about their first Van Halen concert. I would really like to hear about the Roth era since I never saw this live.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

June 20, 1981 at The Forum in L.A./Inglewood.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seattle....Diver Down Tour...Nose Bleed Seats..Really Good Weed...Great Show.The only bad thing was the sorry ass opening act for them.I can't even remember there name they sucked so bad.They were booed off the stage.I tried to find there name in the archived shows on VHND and Van-Halen.com and the opening act was not listed
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

October of 1988 at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, CT. I'll never forget it! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

My first concert ever was Van Halen in 1984. Actually, I saw them in April, 1984 at Cobo Arena in Michigan. They shot Panama there that night. To this day, I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I watch that video because I know I was there (granted I was in the nose bleed seats, but I was there nonetheless).

Funny story about that concert. So, it was my first concert ever and I was in 9th grade. My mom wouldn't let me go to concerts at that age but she knew I LOVED Van Halen more than life itself. So, she said I could go only if my older brother took me.

Well, my older brother knew he had me over a barrel, so he said he'd only take me if I bought him his ticket. I IMMEDIATELY said yes (sounded like a deal to me). So I saved & saved for ticket money. Well, he realized how eager I was to go so he came back a couple of weeks later & said I had to buy his ticket AND his girlfriend's ticket. Again, like the excited little 13 year old I was, I said "YES" with tons of enthusiasm.

Well, seeing how quickly I jumped at that option, my brother came back a couple of days later & said he'd take me ONLY if I bought his ticket, his girlfriend's ticket, AND his best friend's ticket. Once again, I said "YES!"

Well, I had to get a job to pay for all this stuff, so I asked my mom if I could dishwash at the local restaurant. When she asked "why?" I said because it was gonna cost me $100 to go to the Van Halen concert (back then, tickets were only $25 each). She was very surpised and said something to the effect that she didn't realize that Van Halen tickets were $100 each. At that point I told her, "no mom....Mark said he'd only take me if I bought his ticket, Meg's ticket (his girlfriend) and Gary's ticket (his best friend)." Man, you should have heard my mom scream! "Dammit Mark, get your ass down here!!! What the hell do you think you're doing taking advantage of your little brother like that....!!!!" LMAO.

He got lectured & grounded for trying to screw me over. LOL. Funny thing was, I wasn't narc'ing on the guy. I would have gladly bought all those tickets if it meant seeing Van Halen. But in the end, my mom saved me a ton of money & that concert is still the best show I've ever seen in my life.

[ October 15, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Ineedalogin ]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.12.13 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

July 4, 1993: Weedsport, New York--Cayuga County Fairgrounds--Right Here, Right Now World Tour.

Loved it! Still have the concert T-shirt with the Eddie-style converse sneakers on the front.

Some chick hopped up on stage with a g-string and nothing else. Vince Neil opened up and played mostly Crue tunes so that was cool too.

I was 16 at the time, so no I've never seen VH w/ Dave and that's why I hope they get it together. As many have suggested before, myself included, just go out on tour with both DLR and Sammy. I don't even care if they do new material with DLR--just get out there on stage with him.
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

October 15, 1981.

Fair Warning tour, Tulsa.

Not only my first VH show but my first Rock n' Roll concert. Tickets were like $7.50

It changed my life. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by a.f.u. for vh:
    I was cleaning out some of my things not too long ago and came across an old ticket from my first concert that I went to. Van Halen's Monsters Of Rock Tour. Now I know that I may get some flack for this being my first vh concert experience, but growing up in central Maine, there isn't nor there weren't a lot of places to see good shows.

Van Halen did come up with Roth quite a few times, but I was too young to go see them. By the time I really got into the Roth era (1984)Album was the first one that I bought they stopped coming up to Maine (with Roth that is.)

Anyways, to get to the show, seeing that ticket brought back the memory of spending 8+hours in the pouring rain. And I do mean pouring rain. It got so bad during that they to stop the concert twice during the Scorpions due to a severe thunderstorm. Every band that I saw, with the exception of Kingdom Come (whom I didn't get a chance to see) did a great job.

No matter how much my friends wanted to leave, I refused. This was a birthday gift and I wasn't about to leave with out seeing the best damn bad in the world on stage. I braved the rain, got soaking wet, stood there as close as I could to the stage, shivering, getting sick (which I did) first raised in the air and just being in heaven. I still remember the first song that they sand (afu) Naturally Wired, and singing all night till my voice went.

I went no to see Van Halen 3 more times with Hagar. All shows were great, and the cool part about it, Sammy still mentioned the Monsters of Rock Tour. Hell I saw him at the State Theater in Portland last year and he still mentioned it.

This is my first post, and I sorry that its not too exciting, but I hope that this gets eveyone to reply and write about their first Van Halen concert. I would really like to hear about the Roth era since I never saw this live.
    First, you NEVER let a VH ticket get lost man. That's something to pass on to your kids someday when VH gets their due as the greatest band ever...and they will, no doubt.
    Second, I feel your pain dude. I was @ Monsters in Miami & it was pouring, but Edward started w/ Summer Nights w/ his miniature & suddenly no one gave a shit about the rain (I'm sure you can relate, per your post.)
    I'm glad to hear a similar experience. It was an incredible show. Although I had seen VH many times before, the rain actually made it that much better: OUR boys not givin' a fuck & playing [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    PS-Don't forget man, KEEP that ticket. With all the bullshit going on in the world, at least you have that great memory.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.03.15 @ 02:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1978, Van Halen opened up for Black Sabbath, who were definitely at the end of their rope. I'd heard of Van Halen and had heard You Really Got Me but hadn't bought the album yet. I went to the show mostly to see Black Sabbath, but the next day I went out and bought Van Halen I and I've been hooked (and listening) everyday since. Ed really floored me, so much so that I took up the guitar shortly afterword. So I guess you could say that Van Halen changed my life! I can't believe that it's been almost 25 years since that first show. I've seen them at least a dozen times since, but nothing compares to that very first time. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Monster Of Rock Alpine Valley Wisc. May 27th 1988 (I'm guessing on the date; it was the third show)I was a junior in high school, OU812 had just come out the previous tuesday, and VH rocked (actually the whole show was awesome)
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

October 13th 1995, Cal-Expo Ampitheatre in Sacramento, California. My Mom, Dad, and brother went too. It was my first concert and it kicked ass!
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

ballance
    Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Kingdom 1988 monsters of rock tour i also saw Dave with Steve Vai that summer

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

1984 tour - Reunion arena, Dallas Texas

BEST VH concert - Dallas Free show. Missed a day of classes at Texas A&M and it was worth it.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

October 1988 Worcester Centrum 0U812 tour. Nosebleed seats, when the light rigging came down I couldn't see the band. Not fun. That was also my first real concert, period.

Second large(r) venue concert was seeing them on the FUCK tour, Worcester Centrum, October-ish 1991 or 1992, can't remember. 15th row on the floor. AIC opened up. Took my girlfriend - who is now my wife. Unfuckingbelievable experience. I can't remember the year, but I can sure remember the goosebumps when they played the Hendrix Anthem, then killed the houselights and and the Poundcake drill kicked in.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Sadly, I've never been, and from the looks of it, never will.
    Your favorite band sucks.