Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, VH, WACF, Balance, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, H4T, I\'m the One, Romeo
    Last Online

12.26.07 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being searching through VH sites in the Japanese language~
    Here's how the Japanese people rate their VH albums.

Why is FW this low~!!!!!!

For the lazy people here it is

VH = 4 stars
    VH2 = 4 "
    WACF = 3 "
    FW = 3 "
    DD = 3 "
    1984 = 5 "
    5150 = 5 "
    OU812 = 3 "
    FUCK = 4 "
    Live RH RN = 4"
    Balance = 4 "
    VH3 = 2 "

The problem is...
    Some of the ratings aren't out of 5 (DD was 3 out of 3 )

And I have no idea on how it was rated~!!!

Translations? ask me

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

And apparently the VH3 was 2 out of 2...What the....

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I lived there for 6 years, and I never remember seeing those on the CD's.

Every single one of my CD's that I bought in Japan still has the Obi strip on them, and there isn't anything like that on them at all.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fair Warning has always got piss-poor reviews everywhere. That's why I never trust music reviewers' opinions when I buy something.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I seem to recall an interview with Ed around the time "III" was released where he said when "Fair Warning " was thrown out to the public, nobody really "got it". But now, many years later, people are starting to "get it" and label that as one the best and "creative" albums Van Halen ever did. He knows that "III" is pretty much in the same spot, and it won't be until a few years down the road where people will probably look at "III" the same way.

I, for one, liked "III" at the beginning, right when it was released, due to the hype as it being a new Van Halen product. But, the more I listened to it the more it just didn't jive with me as a "Van Halen" record. There are some songs on there that are great, but overall, as creative as it is, it's just not something you'll find in my CD player on a regular basis. I have to be in the mood to listen to it, and I haven't played it in quite a while.

Even tho Ed has said that you'll never get it as a whole the first time you listen to it, and you have to listen to it over and over to get something out of it, I've listened to it tons of times, and I still don't know what it is I'm supposed to be "getting".
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Originally poste by Vince G:

"Even tho Ed has said that you'll never get it as a whole the first time you listen to it, and you have to listen to it over and over to get something out of it, I've listened to it tons of times, and I still don't know what it is I'm supposed to be "getting"."

I heard that same statement from Ed and I think he was just trying to come up with something to justify how poorly VH3 was being received by the masses. I guess it really was a tough pill to swallow for Van Halen because everything prior to 3 was a huge commercial success. The real test is going to come when VH release a new album. How that album will be received by the public and most importantly VH's fan base is going to determine whether the band can enjoy commercial success again.

[ June 29, 2002, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Mario VH ]
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    I seem to recall an interview with Ed around the time "III" was released where he said when "Fair Warning " was thrown out to the public, nobody really "got it". But now, many years later, people are starting to "get it" and label that as one the best and "creative" albums Van Halen ever did. He knows that "III" is pretty much in the same spot, and it won't be until a few years down the road where people will probably look at "III" the same way.
    I remember that interview. Screw "other peoples realities" - I'm not sure Ed knows what going on in any reality when I read statements like that. VH3 will never see the renaissance with the fans that Fair Warning did.

Fair Warning didn't sell well right out of the gates because it wasn't "sold" well. If I remember correctly, "So This Is Love" was the only single released. The album was a bit of a departure, musically, which might explain why it wasn't marketed well.

VH3, on the other hand, was promoted heavily. "Without You" and "Fire In The Hole" had videos. And, shitty as it was, "Once" did, too. The music on the album wasn't a departure so much as it was a distinct nosedive.

Even tho Ed has said that you'll never get it as a whole the first time you listen to it, and you have to listen to it over and over to get something out of it, I've listened to it tons of times, and I still don't know what it is I'm supposed to be "getting".
    Physically ill?

Ah, well. Someday, in the year 2735, VH3 will finally go platinum...

[ July 01, 2002, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Down In Flames ]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."