Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

..... www.eddietrunk.com [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Van Hagar sold 42 million records? Sorry Sammy you got the eras mixed up. Van Halen w/Roth sold 42 million. Your era sold about half of that.

I did like what he said about the VH fans. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    Van Hagar sold 42 million records? Sorry Sammy you got the eras mixed up. Van Halen w/Roth sold 42 million. Your era sold about half of that.

I did like what he said about the VH fans. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I know, Sammy always says that. I think that he includes Roth era records that were sold during his tenure with the band.

Did Sammy influence people into buying Van Halen, Van Halen II, Woman And Children First, Fair Warning, Diver Down, and 1984? Well, we would have to interview all the people that bought the music and ask them... hehehehe

But MY opinion is, NNNNNNNNNO.
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone please remember what Sammy said about his willingness to play DLR VH songs the next time around...especially And the Cradle will Rock!

He makes several excellent points about being the complete singer that is needed to front the band in the future...his capability and willingness to sing old VH, Sammy era VH, and be creative with the band making new music.

He is also kind of leaving himself available during the next several months, and he made it clear that AVH was speaking very highly of him based on his performances over the summer.

Something must be in the works, and I will be fine with the decision for them to work with Sam, and then we all can look forward to some new VH music.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The first thing that struck me about this was remembering what Eddie Trunk said a few months back during the tour about how he'd come away from the tour thinking Dave was now the man to re-front Van Halen. Listen to this interview and he's now claiming to have come away from the gig he saw with a completely different opinion. Probably one of the reasons that these celebrities get so jaded about what is said about them in the media.

Second, I think Sammy needs to stop talking about Dave so much. BUT, I totally believe what he says about Dave in regards to how Dave acts around people. I can totally see Dave taking his stage persona and continuing it offstage and acting like the king of the world, treating everyone like subbordinates (sp?).

What a mess Van Halen is!!!!!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this a red rocker infommercial?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, Glenn, Sammy has to shut up and take the high road when it comes to Dave from now on. The positive feedback Sammy received this summer will fade away (if it already hasn't)if he keeps being negative. Let his performance and willingness to rejoin the band speak for itself.

I remember when Eddie Trunk said that and it reminds me of all the times Howard Stern does that between his VH guests, and a solo DLR.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Sam's honesty. He's asked a question.....he gives a 5 minute answer and he doesn't hold back on his opinion.

I never get tired of reading Sam's comments on DLR and I'm sure Dave's take on the RR would be interesting to say the least.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look, it comes down to this. If I am interviewing Sammy, I am going to ask questions that get the best answers. Frankly, when you are interviewing someone, it gets a little old to be asking about "your new project". You end up feeling like you, the interviewer is being used to sell more units, which is exactly what is going on.

You try to ask questions that might spark some interesting responses. Frankly, you try to steer the converstation to what you think your audience want to hear and focus less on what your subject is trying to push. It's kind of a battle between your goals and the goals of your subject.

Any journalist worth his salt has to ask about Van Halen, the tour with Dave and his feelings about DLR. You might be tired of reading it, but you read every interview the guy does.

If I was sitting down with Paul Stanley of Kiss, I'd ask about Ace and Peter.

If I was sitting down with Robert Plant, I would ask if Zeppelin would every reform.

I would ask John Fogerty about CCR. I'd ask Dave Grohl about Nirvana. Cher about Sonny. Harrison Ford about Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Don't you think all of those people have said everything they want to about those subjects. Yet, I still have to ask or I am not giving my listeners what they want.

Sammy could always say no comment or not do interviews. I would rather read a new interview that covers the same old ground than have nothing but the silence we have had from camp VH. Or from DLR for that matter. When was the last interview with Roth where he actually revealed something that you didn't already know? I'm sure people who interview DLR leave thinking they've got some great stuff. The guy gives great one liners, but when you read it back or listen to it, he really hasn't said a damn thing.

Roth's interviews remind me of the segments wrestlers do on TV. Blowhard bullshit. All fluff, no filler. A lot of "I'm the biggest, baddest... You want to be the man, you got to beat the man" stuff. Holy shit, maybe Rick Flair is Dave's brother.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a comprehensive interview with Roth where he's not just spewing sound bites. I can't recall him ever doing a interview that gave you any actual insight to the man.