On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In the words of the mighty Kurt Angle- "It's true. It's true".. LOL!!
    Mister indie rocker/punk rocker Kurt actually grew up listening to a lot of classic rock from Kiss to Boston to Cheap Trick to Black Sabbath and much more!
    It has always been reported that Kurt's first concert he ever attended was Black Flag. NOT TRUE. After reading a great book called "HEAVIER THAN HEAVEN" I have found out Kurt's first concert was actually the Red Rocker Sammy Hagar!

I highly recommend this book HEAVIER THAN HEAVEN if you are interested in the TRUE story about Nirvana, Seattle and that whole scene. This book basically smashes every single Nirvana myth to shreds. Not in a bad or malicious way either. It is as factual an account as you will get.
    Poor Kurt loved the classic rock but he craved indie credibility. Once he got famous he basically wouldnt acknowledge a lot of the old school rock and metal he grew up on.

I wouldnt call Kurt a poser. A poser to me is Kid Rock. A rich suburban kid who spent his whole life running around acting ghetto, rapping and all wiggered out. But when that fails he reinvents himself in his late 20's as a redneck rocker and tries to be a Diamond Dave for the TRL crowd. This punk aint from no trailer park either, he grew up rich in a suburb way outside of Detroit. But that's another story.

Kurt just wanted indie cred so bad. And the funny thing is he was actually shunned by a lot of the people and by the scene he wanted most to be a part of. So it sounded cool to say his first concert was Black Flag. But it was actually Sammy. Too funny.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Well, as an african american member of this board i cant really say that i dug the "wiggered out" part in your post man, but whatever. Anyways, i do agree with you about Kid Rock though, and the fact that some ppl say that he's the best frontman since DLR i think is fuckin insane. He may sell a ton of albums, but to me music has never been about that. If we judged "musicians" soley on their record sales then the backstreet boys must fuckin rule right!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry dude, no harm meant by it. I know the word wigger is harsh, but what else would you call a white rapper who grew up wealthy in an upscale suburb way outside Detroit who spent his entire life as a trying desperately to gain ghetto cred and pass himself off as that?
    Kid ran around trying to be "down' forever. His first 3 albums was like that. When it got him nowhere he suddenly sprouts long hair and a wife-beater t-shirt and starts talking about trailer parks and Lynyrd Skynyrd!?!?!?
    Not to mention from the colorful outfits & red white and blue to the midget and the whole American Badass thing is basically a rehashing of the Diamond Dave thing! Kid even throws out one-liners that are suspiciously similar to Dave's! I remember reading once where Kid said he loved old school VH to death! But that was right before he got famous in 99'. Once he got big he never mentions VH or Diamond Dave. Although he did show up to the Sam & Dave show in Detroit. As he damn well should have, I hope to thank Diamond Dave for giving him the ideas for 99% of his act..lol
    His 15 minutes are up and he has been exposed as a fraud. On top of that his so called "skills" on different instruments is flat out pathetic. The guy is beginner level at best. Whata schtick.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

It's cool bro. no offense taken. And i TOTALLY agree with you on eveything ya said. Kid Rock is a joke and i'm just tired of his whole fuckin act. I'm tired of seeing him on Carson Daly's show at one in the fuckin morning and listening to him talk about how hard his life was when he was coming up. And i know for a fact that he is not hanging out in fuckin Detroit cause i'm a black guy and even i dont wanna fuckin be in detroit! He i a fuckin fraud and all i have to say is thank God its ove for him. I just wish all this rap and pop shit would go with him because alot of ppl get the wrong message about what real rap is. Its like somewhere the message of rap was lost and now all it's about is writin a song about the ghetto while i'm sittin in my hot tub in my 5 million dollar mansion. Its just fuckin bullshit.

But anyways back to the orginal topic. You're right about kid rock, and ill have to check out Kurt's book. I heard the "new" Nirvana tune and i wasnt all that impressed, but i'll check out the book anyway. I cant imagine Kurt goin to see the Red Rocker live though...that is kinda funny.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Hey Hey! Ease up on Detroit now. That be my home town...well, just outside of Detroit.

Anyway Sucka, we have a better hockey team then those Philly boys!!

Just don't talk about baseball/football! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

MO.

[ October 17, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: MO Halen ]
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?" Fools...<br /><br />LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! Ten time Stanley Cup Champions...

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about that?Kirk liked Sammy 'I Can't Drive 55' Hagar? but it's no surprise that he liked old classic rock really.I read that his dad was in this record mailing club and he'd get all these records from Led Zeppelin,Black Sabbath,Boston,and he was inspired greatly from The Beatles And he also said that He wanted to mix Black Sabbath Power Chords with Beatles Melodies,If you ever see a picture of him in high school,he was this puny guy with long,long hair,looked like a metal guy.As for Kid Rock,his stuff is garbage,he swears he's talented,coming out of a suburban lifestyle,wanted to rap,mix some country in it,changing his hair from Braids to a mullet,drinking 40's,man quit.He's no Diamond Dave,he just thinks being poor is cool and he doesnt even know what poor is.
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

The HEAVIER THAN HEAVEN book is an EXCELLENT read. I really liked a lot of the so-called GRUNGE scene, but the best bands to come out of that were Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Nirvana.

I don't know what it is about Cobain's voice, but next to Hagar, Kurt's voice is, or should I say, was, my favorite.

I agree with Sucka about Kid Rock.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

An excellent read indeed. I especially love how it talks about the whole grunge image with the flannel shirts and stuff. How the 2 founders of Sub Pop, the premier grunge label from Seattle, would make their bands/artists throw on flannel shirts and try to pass themselves off as some kinda backwoods lumberjacks! LOL... It was as much an image as Kiss's makeup, late 80's glam metal or nu-metal's dreads and angry faces..

And if you wanna see some disturbing and hilarious pictures of Kid Rock, just go to www.metal-sludge.com/ExposedKidRock.htm

I am warning you, these 10 pics are from when he released his debut album around 1990-1991 when he was like 20. He looks like Vanilla Ice meets Kid n' Play!! You just have to see how this good ole' redneck rocker was livin'! ...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

LMFAO!!!!!! Thats some funny shit right there BadaBing! You know what, i'll take it back he did have it hard growing up cuz i cant imagine walkin around with a haircut like that!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    And MO Halen, yea you're right you guys do have a better hockey club. Matter of fact i watched a little of you guys against the Habs earlier, but i'm confident in my squad this year. We did give up two late goals against the Isles tonight but i'm not worried. Flyers all the way baby! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

oh yea and back to Kurt..I still cant imagine him gettin down to Heavy Metal, or I cant drive 55 but i guess we all have our different influences. I play guitar and sax yet i dont sound anything like Eddie or Coltrane but it's all good. I wouldnt put Kurt up in that class of singer as sammy, but i dig alot of Nirvana's stuff. One magazine actually had Kurt ranked higher then Eddie on their all time guitarist list if you guys can believe that! But anyways, yea im gonna go out and grab this book tomorrow and it sounds like i wont be let down so i'm lookin forward to this one.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook