Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I think its time that we face facts here folks.

Dave is a non factor when it comes to the future of Van Halen.
    As much as I want him back it just doesn't look good at all.
    He has a new guitarist that we have never heard before so I am gathering that Dave wants to go in a new direction with his music and sound.
    If the Parade report about Ed being cancer free is true, then I'm sure that He is now making new music and looking for someone to sing it.

Dave started to climb out of the obscurity hole, but without a VH reunion, I'm afraid he will fall right back in.
    Sure he will have his die hard following like Ford and his Cock, but the Village People have their own die hard following as well. And where are they now?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Eddymon:

Dave started to climb out of the obscurity hole, but without a VH reunion, I'm afraid he will fall right back in.
    Sure he will have his die hard following like Ford and his Cock, but the Village People have their own die hard following as well. And where are they now?
    No need to give up yet, let's wait until the new disc is on the stores... I checked out some of Toshi Hiketa's previous stuff and was at least somewhat interested... he sure can shred it boys!

I don't think Dave will surrender yet and start as full-time nostalgia act. But then again, what do I know, just my €0.02...
    This easy street leads to <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~damngood/" target="_blank">The Damn Good Site</a>... Wanna go there?? Just point & click!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But The Reunion don't seem to happen anytime soon. But if it won't happen, I'll be happy with the substitutes, VH4 and DLR. My faith lasted until the latest $tark$ countdown, now I've thought things...

What if the reunited VH would not be successfull, if the music wouldn't be good, what then? Now there's at least some of the legendary classic aura left with the name "Van Halen", but after one more big mistake it may be gone forever...

But I'd still want to live in re-Halenized, better world... hopes up!
    This easy street leads to <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~damngood/" target="_blank">The Damn Good Site</a>... Wanna go there?? Just point & click!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddymon, I'd have to agree with you. I've actually felt that way since mid part of last year.
    Unfortunately, until the band announces a new singer or they are retiring the band, I suppose there will always be that glimmer of hope for some of us.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I've been thinking DLR has been a non-factor for quite some time... ie. since 2000. At least the outward signs seem to indicate he's a man on his own separate mission... not on course w/ VH.

The silence is easily explainable... from DLR's perspective why shut it down... keeps the interest flames flickering...

Same thing for VH... in the absense of anything locked and loaded the interest flame is harmless... with the exception of certain fan perspectives. But in the bigger picture both parties have more to lose by dousing the flame with nothing more interesting to serve up...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You could easily turn this around and it would make the same amount of sense. VH is a non-factor without Dave.

Lets face it folks. These guys need each other if they want to make a serious comeback. If they're happy selling 200-300K in records, then they don't. But if they have dreams of ever going platinum again then they need each other.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Where have all the good times gone"

Van Halen DIVER DOWN 1982
    "Jebe Ga"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by dj88:
    You could easily turn this around and it would make the same amount of sense. VH is a non-factor without Dave.

Lets face it folks. These guys need each other if they want to make a serious comeback. If they're happy selling 200-300K in records, then they don't. But if they have dreams of ever going platinum again then they need each other.
    yep...

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddymon,

I'm sorry I don't see the Van Halen content here... Isn't this just rumor, speculation and opinion. Why are you moving all Sammy stuff of the main page as soon as it is posted? If we can't discuss former band members and their projects what the fuck is the purpose of this forum. It seems like DLR shit stays for days and days with no VH content and the kid hasn't been with the band for 18 years. VH seems to be nothing but former band members now so if you want to run people off... good luck!
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen...I think VH has become the non-factor..Basically, they have turned their back on the fans for the last time. If Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey can get along, If the remaining Beatles can get back together ( before Harrisons death ), VH has NO fucking excuse. I dont think these guys realize there is not a single fucking front man that could have people interested in VH again out there...Is there??? I mean, am I over looking anyone??? What would get VH fans and casual observers interested in VH again??? Its Dave or the grave for these guys, IMO.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AVH Blues:
    Eddymon,

I'm sorry I don't see the Van Halen content here... Isn't this just rumor, speculation and opinion. Why are you moving all Sammy stuff of the main page as soon as it is posted? If we can't discuss former band members and their projects what the fuck is the purpose of this forum.

Apparently cheese must clog brain arteries as well? He's not a moderator

It seems like DLR shit stays for days and days with no VH content and the kid hasn't been with the band for 18 years.

David Lee Roth will always be part of Van Halen.

VH seems to be nothing but former band members now so if you want to run people off... good luck!

That's something we can agree on, unfortunately. There is no such band as Van Halen. Whether there ever will be again is the big question.

[ February 08, 2002 at 08:55 AM: Message edited by: FORD ]</p>
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My most sincere apologies to the moderators... I have seen Eddymon make the comment he is moving several Sammy post and it wasn't making sense to me why he was doing this. The joke is on me!
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I believe that there is nothing going on between DLR and VH. For Dave, keeping silent is a benefit; whatever his next project is, it's a plus to him to keep close to the VH flame, because without being close to VH, he falls out of favor. But for VH, keeping silent is a terrible idea. If they have any ideas about going in a direction that doesn't include Dave, they'd be wise to kill any and all rumors as soon as possible.

I'm going to move this to the Opinions/Speculation forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]