Favorite VH Album

none
    Favorite VH Song

none
    Last Online

01.22.05 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope we all saw this bu now but...

I have friends that are casual music fans. They can’t really say what band is #1 in their eyes. They are also casual VH fans as well. They are careful of what they say around me about VH. They said they watched the Sam/Dave show on VH1 and summed it up as “Eddie and Alex are acting like little bitches” Thought it was interesting coming from an outside opinion. Then again none of us know the real story.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the Sam & Dave show. I have always been a diehard Dave / Van Halen advocate. I have always enjoyed Sammy too.

When I saw them both in Burlington Vermont this last summer it occured to me that Sammy has his shit together and Dave should! Sammy's band was pretty good, could have used a better guitar player, not that the guy he had was bad but didn't do Eddies riffs any justice.

Daves lyrics were out of time, always a step in front or behind the band. I dont know, it just looked like he didn't give a fuck at all. Maybe playing to a crowd at a Expo pales by comparison to what he is used to, who's to say? His band was tight, his guitar player didn't miss a note, bend, pinch harmonic at all. Very much the old Eddie tone with the phase 90 and Marshall's cranking! Great material.

Dave didn't shine like Sammy though. Sammy was raw yet polished, he kicked ass.

I enjoyed watching the show because they did offer what could be viewed as a musical tale of Rock's most amazing fucking bands ever!

Dave was stale....not into it...but..thats Dave.

[ February 09, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: URnotmeRU?? ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I & II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

12.03.06 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I attended the Sam and Dave show in Connecticut. I will preface my comments by letting you know that I consider myself a diehard VH fan - all three era's - but a DLR man if I had to choose.

Anyway, I went to the show and had a great time. Sammy opened and did a tremendous set. A friend of mine that came to the concert with me isn't even a VH fan and he loved Sammy's set.

Dave was a lot of fun - and I was so glad to see him perform, but, he didn't have it totally together. He missed some lines, especially in the beginning if his set. As the night went on, though, I have to say that he got better and ended very strong. The audience was loving him, too.

Waiting for something - ANYTHING from VH - and will settle for new DLR or Sammy material in the meantime ... [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by URnotmeRU??:
    I saw the Sam & Dave show. I have always been a diehard Dave / Van Halen advocate. I have always enjoyed Sammy too.

When I saw them both in Burlington Vermont this last summer it occured to me that Sammy has his shit together and Dave should! Sammy's band was pretty good, could have used a better guitar player, not that the guy he had was bad but didn't do Eddies riffs any justice.

Daves lyrics were out of time, always a step in front or behind the band. I dont know, it just looked like he didn't give a fuck at all. Maybe playing to a crowd at a Expo pales by comparison to what he is used to, who's to say? His band was tight, his guitar player didn't miss a note, bend, pinch harmonic at all. Very much the old Eddie tone with the phase 90 and Marshall's cranking! Great material.

Dave didn't shine like Sammy though. Sammy was raw yet polished, he kicked ass.

I enjoyed watching the show because they did offer what could be viewed as a musical tale of Rock's most amazing fucking bands ever!

Dave was stale....not into it...but..thats Dave.
    Being a Dave fan, it is unfortunate you didn't see a great show from him because he truly kicked ass in Dallas, TX this past summer. Sam was the one who was off periodically, and unfortunatly, the sound was screwed up once in a while between broken mic's and unknown feedback at one point. Still, they both put on great shows here in Dallas [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Sorry you missed out...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, don't get me wrong at all, I love Dave. He just didn't seem to care. I am a gigging musician and I have my nights too.

Glad to hear he still lays it on the line! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Saw sam/dave in August when they came to D.C. (well northern VA). Let me say it was the best concert I've been to in a while.

Sam went on first & he did a great show. Seemed like the crowd was really into it. You're right, Vic Johnson is no Eddie. I remember Vic saying something in an interview when the Waboritas first got together like he's no Eddie and he'll try to play the =VH= as close as possible but it will never be the same.

About Dave, never saw him before in concert, but man did he kick ass. Must have been a lot of DLR fans there because he also brought the Nissan Pavilion down. To me, DLR sounded just fine lyrical-wise & his guitar player was note for note with Eddie (Eruption - wow !!!).

One thing Sammy did better than Roth was to get girls to show their tata's (including his show girls). DLR tried to get this one lady to do it by calling her a slut & so forth. LMAO, she didn't do a damn thing.

Overall, great show & too bad I wasn't at the Boston show. Would have been great to see MA & Gary up on stage. Hope to hear new =VH= soon [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle