Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After hearing the mp3s, They don't need to pay him too much! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    "I don't need no stinking click"

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

I'm sick of everyone mocking the mp3s. You guys, he sounded pretty good other than "Little Guitars." I don't know what you expect from a rock star in his mid-40s. He has improved a lot since last tour. I wish we had better mp3s of later in the show, because you could tell how good he sounded then.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If he sounded good in those mp3s, I'd hate to hear him sounding bad! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Dave doesn't have the voice of an aging rock star. Why? He doesn't HAVE a voice anymore.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

There's no way that Dave could be asking for more than 25%. He'd be a fool to expect it, and he'd never get it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hope VH and Roth do record and tour.....don't get me wrong, but anyone that thinks Dave sounds good needs to wake up! I think they can "hide" it on a album, but live he's gonna sound terrible! I Know you're NEVER gonna see a VH Live cd with Roth. He just can't SING anymore. Maybe a live video, where you can SEE the show, but a live cd?? no way!
    "I don't need no stinking click"

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'll be very interested (if it happens of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) to hear how Dave's voice reacts to a VH tour. Touring with the Mighty VH, they'll surely be playing several shows per week, that's just the economics of a big time tour. Will that shred his voice quicker, or will it work to Dave's advantage to be singing every other night as opposed to having a week off between every gig the way his current tour is?

And surely Dave will know that the whole world will be watching if he fronts VH, so you would expect that he'll make every attempt to be at the top of his game.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    There's no way that Dave could be asking for more than 25%. He'd be a fool to expect it, and he'd never get it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its Eddie, Al, and Mike who have everything to lose. Dave doesn't. He's perfectly happy doing what he's doing.

With that, Dave can ask for as much money as he wants. Add to the fact that he is a founding member as well.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I'll be very interested (if it happens of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) to hear how Dave's voice reacts to a VH tour. Touring with the Mighty VH, they'll surely be playing several shows per week, that's just the economics of a big time tour. Will that shred his voice quicker, or will it work to Dave's advantage to be singing every other night as opposed to having a week off between every gig the way his current tour is?

And surely Dave will know that the whole world will be watching if he fronts VH, so you would expect that he'll make every attempt to be at the top of his game.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave on this tour IS on top of his game.

While some of you waste your time thinking whether Dave can cut it on a VH tour, I'd be more worried about Ed and Al surviving. Dave is in great shape. And he IS singing better LIVE than he did back in the VH days. One should compare LIVE PERFORMANCES of Dave now and Dave from 1984 and you'll see that he's singing much better.

I think we should all be worried about Ed and Al. The way Ed looks now (his lanky, skinny body), I'd be surprised on whether he could even finish one show!
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    Its Eddie, Al, and Mike who have everything to lose. Dave doesn't. He's perfectly happy doing what he's doing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If Dave was really happy doing what he's doing he wouldn't be knocking on the door of 5150 every few years. He'd be creating new material and not be staring into the rear view mirror.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>With that, Dave can ask for as much money as he wants. Add to the fact that he is a founding member as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you think Dave deserves more than 25%? I don't, but I do think he deserves 25%, equal between them all or not at all.

Actually, Mikey should get 50% just for having to deal with these jokers for so many years, and the other three should have to wrestle Alex's ex-wives for the other 50%. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    Dave on this tour IS on top of his game.

And he IS singing better LIVE than he did back in the VH days. One should compare LIVE PERFORMANCES of Dave now and Dave from 1984 and you'll see that he's singing much better.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude, give me your car keys, I can't let you drive in this condition. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think Dave's tour is to audition for Van Halen exact;y, as it is to show them he is in great shape, and deserves as much money as he is asking for. I think he is asking for more than 25, and they won't give it to him, so he wants to prove they need him and he deserves every penny. I think he would be in if he would have just excepted as much as they are willing to give him, but he wants more, and wants to prove he deserves it with this mini tour.
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta agree with Vinnie Velvet on this one. I have witnessed Dave's singing since the 1980 Invasion tour. He has never sounded this good. You can't base his voice on what you hear on those mp3s. Seeing him live got me more excited than ever for what's about to happen. It won't be Dave or Mike that anyone has to worry about. Dave did his part. He's definitely got his act together.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Geez, you guys better watch some old shows again. Every show I've seen has Roth out of breath and singing off-key every second. The only thing he did do is scream and that was annoying as hell. I'm kinda glad he lost it so he can focus more on the words and his singing. Dave can hit the same notes he always could. So we hear one show where he strained a little at the beginning...Who cares? I think he sounded very good. Don't forget the guy sounds like that while running around the stage and doing kicks all the time. Why didn't you have a bad reaction of Dave after you saw the Finland video, you guys? Dave was God-awful sounding in that show. Literally, when I watched that show, I couldn't believe how terrible his voice was. Remember "Atomic Punk" on that show? Uggh...Terrible. The problem he was having started around the time of "A Lil Ain't Enough." He found a way to increase his range by going beyond his head voice. Unfortunately, he did this on his own, without proper training. This created a problem that slowly tore away at Dave's original upper-range and scream (you can hear the missed screams on AAE), because he used a totally different and higher voice. By the time of his Vegas show, Roth's voice was pretty well mixed, but it would have been impossible for him to scream and sing in his original upper voice during this time, because the voice he used (with falsetto) is bad for both. Even in MWM, he used this mixed voice. We may never hear it live, because of this. All of this went on until the 1999 tour when Roth started trying to sing the old songs again. If you hear some boots of this tour, Dave was still stuck in the mixed voice for awhile. Slowly, however, he learned that the more he tried to sing like he used to, the more he would be able to scream. Thus the reason he got rid of "Slam Dunk" on the tour. He didn't want to sing like that anymore. Dave is still working on retaining his voice to the way it used to be...That's the reason for all the VH songs. He knows he sang properly then. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "Dave doesn't need Van Halen" or "Van Halen doesn't need Dave" mentality, it works both ways!!! I can't honestly believe a guy who once played to sold-out stadiums with the greatest rock band of all-time is happy playing tiny venues at sporadic tour dates with a pale, pale imitation of VH backing him up, give me a break! He wants this reunion worse than anybody, he can't be "happy" where he's at. Especially since he showed us he can still sing. As for VH, we all know Eddie is still the greatest guitar player of all-time, Al showed that in '98, despite a neck brace, he can still play drums as well he did in '78, and Mikey is still an awesome bass players with great vocal prowess. Point is, all of them can still hack it, and once they wade through the legal shit and health issues, they'll all be in top form and be more than capable of handling a world tour.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen Vic!
    You don't know so muckin fuch...Why don't you go in your own jack yard and back off awhile!