Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was over at John Kalodner's home page and asked him about the likelihood of him signing VH to Sony.

I'm sure you've heard the news by now, that Van Halen have split from Warner Brothers. Do you have any plans to bring them to Columbia/Sony?

Here's his response:

I would sign Van Halen but with both David Lee Roth AND Sammy Hagar so they could each sing the songs they sung with Van Halen.

JDK

Geez, Kalodner. A flat 'no' would have been just as good an answer, because there's no way in hell THAT is happening!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If John Kalodner could turn Aerosmith back into a multi-platinum selling act, I don't see how he couldn't do the same for VH. My guess is, if he did get involved with VH, a fourth singer would definitely be in the cards, based on that statement.

[ February 04, 2002 at 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Fast Eddie ]</p>
    Fast Eddie

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by ackerboy:

I would sign Van Halen but with both David Lee Roth AND Sammy Hagar so they could each sing the songs they sung with Van Halen.
    That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. But whatever ... I guess all it really means is that Van Halen will certainly never be working for Sony!
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With the exception of the fact he knew that Sammy and DLR were in Van Halen, I would say that this guy knows fuck all about Van Halen and probably cares just as much. I do like the idea of VH being back in the limelight again - and if he did it with Aerosmith then I'd like to see him try it with VH.
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

Cross off Sony on that list unless 'hell freezes over'. Wait, didn't the Eagles say that. You never know.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As much as I love Aerosmith, I wouldn't want Kalodner to do to VH what he did to them (eg. the reliance on power ballads and the increased use of song doctors).

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Romeo Delight:
    With the exception of the fact he knew that Sammy and DLR were in Van Halen, I would say that this guy knows fuck all about Van Halen and probably cares just as much.
    http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsKalodner.htm

That's an interesting interview with Kalodner. I would guess, given his work, that he's very familiar with Van Halen. Check out his comment near the end about wanting to have DLR's Slam Dunk on the Armageddon soundtrack.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I e mailed Kalodner a few weeks ago, and asked him about the same thing. He gave me the EXACT same response! I was thinking....geez, wouldn't you be satisfied just to get back one of the two singers??

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No doubt. I mean even if they settled with bringing Sam back I think it would be possible to rebuild the band's fortunes somewhat. Of course, if Dave were on board and the tunes and tour were happening, Columbia would practically have a license to print money IMHO...

[ February 05, 2002 at 11:44 PM: Message edited by: ackerboy ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Romeo Delight:
    With the exception of the fact he knew that Sammy and DLR were in Van Halen, I would say that this guy knows fuck all about Van Halen and probably cares just as much.
    http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsKalodner.htm

That's an interesting interview with Kalodner. I would guess, given his work, that he's very familiar with Van Halen. Check out his comment near the end about wanting to have DLR's Slam Dunk on the Armageddon soundtrack.
    </font>[/QUOTE]lol! I should have known better than to state something I don't know much about when Glenn's around!!!

I just didn't think from the quote that it sounded like he knew much about Van Halen.
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ackerboy:
    As much as I love Aerosmith, I wouldn't want Kalodner to do to VH what he did to them (eg. the reliance on power ballads and the increased use of song doctors).
    Yeah, that's the only problem - but I think people really don't expect ballads from VH (well, without Sammy anyway). Also, what have Aerosmith done recently... really? Not much after "Don't Want To Miss A Thing". I'd rather see a few regular albums from VH rather than one hit.