Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read through many of these posts here on this board and it seems that there are those who feel Van Halen is doing them wrong. But how? Never since Gary left has Van Halen said ANYTHING about DLR being back in the band. Not once! They have NOT misled anyone, you only misled yourselves with wishful thinking only because of what YOU want. I think Van Halen probably has the most selfish fans out there. It is obvious that VH and DLR can't get it together, and the reasons for that really are moot, just let it go for christ sake, don't crucify Van Halen, a band your supposedly a fan of just because they haven't done what YOU want, be happy with what you get and when.

It also seems really selfish on the 'fans' part that the fact they said they are working on their next album in their brief statement is just almost totally ignored.

I want new music from VH too, but if they can't get it together with Dave than I don't want that either, this would be the second attempt at a reconciliation, and it doesn't matter who's fault it is, that does nothing to change that fact. If it is a fourth singer than great, can't wait to hear it. Besides to tell the truth I never wanted DLR back anyway, so for me this is a bit of a relief, but is only my personal preference, to me it wouldn't matter who is singing. But I think it is wrong and unfair to run down Van Halen for not coming through on what has only been a rumour, and just wishful thinking on your part. You should all be ashamed of your selves. With fans like this man VH needs no enemies, nor any spats with former/current singers.

DLR made his little statement, and so now you know he is not a part of VH. You know this because VH said in their own brief staement they are in the studio. Case closed. Time to move on once and for all. DLR fans don't like it than jump off the bus and 'Shut Your Filthy Little Mouth'.

Question now is Who is the singer? Next logical assumption is a reunion with Sammy, as seems to be where everyone is going. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Unlike with Dave, the real problem with Sammy is these guys were really good friends, and as a result there are a lot of issues and very hurt feelings that would have to be dealt with and I think it would just be a little much for them to get past. Friendships were destroyed here, that is a tough pill.

Gary didn't work out not because of Gary, and not because of Van Halen, but because of the fans. I remember very well when DLR was announced after Sammy left, and I also remember DLR himself saying that VH was still auditioning singers, he was never misled. DLR played on the fans wishful thinking and turned on VH with it to make him the good guy. He assured right there failure for the next singer even if it was God himself. Not a person I would want singing in my band.

The split with Sammy I don't think we will ever know, quit, fired, is no matter now anyway. Gary leaving was obvious, and yet he is probably the most respected VH singer. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me. But he was doomed before he ever walked into 5150 because of the 96 fiasco which he really was no part of, he just accepted a job and gave it %200. As for III being too weird, what did you expect? New singer, backlash from Sammy and Dave, they had to go in a new direction, and it failed. Sounds to me like it was Gary who realized this and then bowed out. Talk about someone thinking of their fans.

As it has been established to be pretty certain Dave is not in Van Halen another question is why the silence? I think that is rather obvious as well. As already said, Gary was sunk before he jumped in the water, why do it again? Better to keep quite till things are definate, and the music is able to stand on it's own. No matter if a fan dislikes it or not, Van Halen is and always will be Van Halen with any singer they choose.

Oh, yes they did say they were aware of the rumours which will lead many of you to say 'see what assholes they are for letting it go on'. Well rumours are everywhere in life. There must be at least one person here who has a rumour flying around about them at work, or in their family. Do you let those rumours rule your life? Do you begin to behave as those rumours say just to appease people? Do you even pay attention to these rumours? Rumours are just that, Rumours.

Van Halen fell off the horse twice in 96, once with Sammy and once with Dave. They jumped right back in with Gary to continue on thinking, wrongly of course, their fans would be happy 'Van Halen' was moving on. This time they are probably being a little more cautious, and doing what they feel is right for Van Halen, it is their band afterall, who better to know what is right for it. 3 songs would take time to do, and I would say it would be enough time to figure out if it is going to work or not. Answer was presumably found. DLR coming out with his statement is just another publicity stunt to make himself look good and VH bad. He knows the rumours, and he can see the opportunity to look the good guy. As they say 'a woman scorned', seems to apply here not once, twice, but three times now. Poor little Dave.

Keep the faith, new Van Halen will be here all in good time. Be nice to be rescued from this Aeroshit going around these days...J-J-J-J-Jaded puke gag, stop Steve please, your just a freeze dried Mick Jagger.

Sorry to be long winded, but in many ways I think VH is getting short changed here more than the fans are, just letting out frustrations.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

nice post

but don't worry

It's Dave
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Zadian....Great post: Most of us feel the way you do...we just don't have the patience to post in your lenghts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] \
    I want a new VH album...singer or not, DLR or not, Sammy or not, Who the FUCK cares as long as Eddie doesn't sing! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.06 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DLR fan here!!!!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm not going to crucify VH because they didn't come out with Dave. BUT, I'm going to be disappointed as all hell. Along with a ton of other fans. Think of the tidal wave that's forming right now over Van Halen's head. All the rumors and hopes and "no news and good news" is coming back to haunt the boys, and it's ready to crumble right on top of them if they drop the ball here.

It's Dave.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zadian:
    [QB]I read through many of these posts here on this board and it seems that there are those who feel Van Halen is doing them wrong. But how? Never since Gary left has Van Halen said ANYTHING about DLR being back in the band. Not once! They have NOT misled anyone, you only misled yourselves with wishful thinking only because of what YOU want. [/b]

BULLSHIT

Dweezil Zappa, with Eddie's full blessings, said that they were in the studio WITH DAVE.

Mikey said the new album is "Van HALEN. As opposed to VH III. It's the classic sound"
    There is absolutely NO DOUBT what that statement meant.

Classic Van HALEN is like Coca-Cola. You cannot replicate that formula with any other mix of ingredients.

I think Van Halen probably has the most selfish fans out there. It is obvious that VH and DLR can't get it together, and the reasons for that really are moot, just let it go for christ sake, don't crucify Van Halen, a band your supposedly a fan of just because they haven't done what YOU want, be happy with what you get and when.

You dumb fucking sheep! You are so selfish in your HATRED of David Lee Roth that you are completely missing the point. There IS NO MORE VAN HALEN, period, if this reunion fails. WB will drop Ed's ass like a hot potato and after 5 years of bullshit and bad press, no other label will touch them.

It also seems really selfish on the 'fans' part that the fact they said they are working on their next album in their brief statement is just almost totally ignored.

It's pretty hard to write songs without lyrics, record songs without vocals, and release albums without record contracts. So unless they are working with Dave, they might as well be at home with the kids,rather than wasting studio time on incoherent crap like VD III.

I want new music from VH too, but if they can't get it together with Dave than I don't want that either, this would be the second attempt at a reconciliation, and it doesn't matter who's fault it is, that does nothing to change that fact. If it is a fourth singer than great, can't wait to hear it.

You will wait.... until Eddie burns enough CD's at home and parks his minivan outside your local mall. Since you're in Canada, it might be awhile before he gets to you. I guess he might have put it up on Napster, but that shithead Lar$ ruined that idea.

Besides to tell the truth I never wanted DLR back anyway, so for me this is a bit of a relief, but is only my personal preference, to me it wouldn't matter who is singing.

Like I said, you're a dumb fucking sheep. How can you claim to be a Van Halen fan and continue to slam the man who was one of the 2 principal architects of their very fucking existence?? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

But I think it is wrong and unfair to run down Van Halen for not coming through on what has only been a rumour, and just wishful thinking on your part. You should all be ashamed of your selves. With fans like this man VH needs no enemies, nor any spats with former/current singers.

Eddie, Alex, and Danniels fucked over Dave, Sammy, and the fans less than 5 years ago. That is INDISPUTABLE. Most of the fans have been willing to forgive, as has Dave. Now, if this all turns out to be the case, Eddie and Alex have fucked over Dave and the fans AGAIN, and this time, they can't blame it on the shitty manager. Now I KNOW you're going to say "How do we know Dave didn't fuck THEM over?" That's easy. Dave released an honest statement. Eddie released a vague denial that anything was wrong. Well if three members of a band claim to be working, and one isn't, there is OBVIOUSLY something wrong.

DLR made his little statement, and so now you know he is not a part of VH. You know this because VH said in their own brief staement they are in the studio. Case closed. Time to move on once and for all. DLR fans don't like it than jump off the bus and 'Shut Your Filthy Little Mouth'.

Your "bus" hasn't even replaced the 2 slashed tires from 1996 and now there's a third. That bus ain't going nowhere, except in the Cliff Burton sense, crashing right down on top of the Lying Dutchmen and all the SHEEP who are blind to their bullshit.

Question now is Who is the singer? Next logical assumption is a reunion with Sammy, as seems to be where everyone is going. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Unlike with Dave, the real problem with Sammy is these guys were really good friends, and as a result there are a lot of issues and very hurt feelings that would have to be dealt with and I think it would just be a little much for them to get past. Friendships were destroyed here, that is a tough pill.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] so you are willing to admit that they fucked Sammy over, but not Dave?? As I said, your hatred and wool have blinded you to reality.

Gary didn't work out not because of Gary, and not because of Van Halen, but because of the fans. I remember very well when DLR was announced after Sammy left, and I also remember DLR himself saying that VH was still auditioning singers, he was never misled. DLR played on the fans wishful thinking and turned on VH with it to make him the good guy. He assured right there failure for the next singer even if it was God himself. Not a person I would want singing in my band.

Bullshit. At any point from June 15 to October 2, 1996, Eddie,Alex, Ray or whomever could have issued a concrete statement that Dave was NOT in the band. They did just the opposite at the MTV awards where Eddie told Kurt Loder that "we WILL do a 5 song e.p. of NEW material BEFORE we go on tour" Not if, not maybe, but an affirmative intention to record and then tour as Van HALEN. Eddie lied. No question.

The split with Sammy I don't think we will ever know, quit, fired, is no matter now anyway.

Fired "You've always been a solo artist so you might as well go back to being one"

Gary leaving was obvious, and yet he is probably the most respected VH singer.

Many of us can respect Gary Cherone as a human being. But as a puppet of Eddie and Danniels forced to sing like Sammy and butcher Dave's songs live??? I don't think so!

Quite an accomplishment if you ask me. But he was doomed before he ever walked into 5150 because of the 96 fiasco which he really was no part of, he just accepted a job and gave it %200.

Cherone's only real mistake was trusting Danniels. Now that has cost him two bands. Hopefully he had the good sense to ditch SRO before forming Tribe of Judah.

As for III being too weird, what did you expect? New singer, backlash from Sammy and Dave, they had to go in a new direction, and it failed. Sounds to me like it was Gary who realized this and then bowed out. Talk about someone thinking of their fans.

Maybe Gary left on his own or maybe not. Not really relevant at the moment. And as for VDIII, what killed it was the total and complete lack of chemistry. Dave and Eddie have unequalled chemistry that produced 6 of the greatest albums in music history. Sammy and Eddie also had strong chemistry which enabled the commercial success of Van Hagar. Van Danniels? Zero.Zip. Nada. But that's to be expected when you have a singer and lyricist who is not allowed to be himself.

As it has been established to be pretty certain Dave is not in Van Halen another question is why the silence? I think that is rather obvious as well. As already said, Gary was sunk before he jumped in the water, why do it again? Better to keep quite till things are definate, and the music is able to stand on it's own. No matter if a fan dislikes it or not, Van Halen is and always will be Van Halen with any singer they choose.

Wrong as usual. Van HALEN is Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Always has been, always will be. Cheese ballads notwithstanding, Van Hagar made some very good music. But where they failed miserably is when they tried to be "Van HALEN". Sammy was right not to sing Dave's songs, and when he did it was torturous to listen to. That's not even a slam against Hagar. He knew they weren't his songs. Dave singing "Why Can't This Be Cheese" might be just as bad, not that he would ever do it.

Oh, yes they did say they were aware of the rumours which will lead many of you to say 'see what assholes they are for letting it go on'. Well rumours are everywhere in life. There must be at least one person here who has a rumour flying around about them at work, or in their family. Do you let those rumours rule your life? Do you begin to behave as those rumours say just to appease people? Do you even pay attention to these rumours? Rumours are just that, Rumours.

They made a point of denying the Covercheeze rumor ,and thank God they did, because it took a full year to kill that shit as it was.If they had no intention of becoming Van HALEN again, they should be upfront and honest with the people who made them millionaires and (formerly) legends.It is not right to lie and keep millions of fans on the hook with bait & switch scams.

Van Halen fell off the horse twice in 96, once with Sammy and once with Dave. They jumped right back in with Gary to continue on thinking, wrongly of course, their fans would be happy 'Van Halen' was moving on. This time they are probably being a little more cautious, and doing what they feel is right for Van Halen, it is their band afterall, who better to know what is right for it.

They sure haven't the last 5 years!

3 songs would take time to do, and I would say it would be enough time to figure out if it is going to work or not. Answer was presumably found.

What was likely found was Eddie's huge ego, realizing Dave would not be "controlled" like Gary was.

DLR coming out with his statement is just another publicity stunt to make himself look good and VH bad.

As if that would be difficult, after all that's happenned.....

He knows the rumours, and he can see the opportunity to look the good guy. As they say 'a woman scorned', seems to apply here not once, twice, but three times now. Poor little Dave.

Dave is one of the two major architects of Van HALEN. He doesn't want what he created to rot away to obscurity on the cheese ballad highway. When was the last time you heard Van Hagar or VD on the radio? I heard 5 Van HALEN songs in a row just this morning.

Keep the faith, new Van Halen will be here all in good time. Be nice to be rescued from this Aeroshit going around these days...J-J-J-J-Jaded puke gag, stop Steve please, your just a freeze dried Mick Jagger.

Hey, leave Mick outa this! While you are completely accurate in your assessment of Aeroshit, how is it so difficult for you to see that "Van Halen" has become the same thing? If you went over to the Aeroshit site and actually saw someone defending Jaded and all the other Desmond Childmolestor cheezwhiz they have done in the last 10 years, you'd be thinking "what a fucking dumbass", wouldn't you?

But without the chemistry that made them legends, that is exactly what has happenned to "Van Halen"

Sorry to be long winded, but in many ways I think VH is getting short changed here more than the fans are, just letting out frustrations.

Everyone is frustrated. But when WB drops Eddie for recording with Ricky Martin on vocals, then we'll see what Zadian has to say [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH have been keeping secrets for almost 2 years now, and they arent saying squat other than they are in the studio. If it werent Dave then they could atleast say, no it isnt Dave so not to get peoples hopes up. I think theta if they were smart they could atleast tell fans that it isnt Dave, but since they havent, i will assume it is Dave. Then again, maybe they want fans to think its Dave when they really have someone else. Either way, Van Halen are dissin' their fans and they obviously dont care.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ummm, FORD?? Can you be a little more clear about how you really feel here?

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD, Ed saying "you might as well go back to being a solo artist" isn't firing him. It's just a suggestion. If he wanted Sammy out, he woulda said 'you're fired!"

And please everyone, just shut the hell up about this. These threads that are full of arguements make me ashamed to be here. I feel like leaving. Most of you are adults, but you're acting like this band is the most important thing in the world! If YOU were famous, how'd you handle this. Maybe Ed and Co. couldn't say anything due to legal matters. You know how the law is: It sucks! Maybe that's not why, but who gives a damn? And as far as Sammy shouldn't sing Dave's songs...an opinion. Of course they aren't his, but they belong to the band that hired him! Duh! And I don't think Dave'd sing Why Can't This Be Love? I personally am glad. I'm tired of hearing the song myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That and You Really Got Me and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. Anyway, let's not abandon the band. Let's act like adults here. If you don't like that Ed and Al and Mike are possibly acting like kids, then why are you all doing it? Hypocrisy at it's best. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ok, enough from me. This is not to be offensive to anyone. I just hate when people argue with each other over what a band is doing.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

When I came to this board I was a Van Halen fan first, and a Sammy fan second. In the almost year and a half that has passed my loyality has swiched around, and alot of it has to do with the way VH has handled there self in that time. The latest statement from VH has just pushed me ever further in that direction. I am sure that once VH does or says anything that could change, but I doubt that I will ever put them over Sammy again, and that is a shame, because VH has always been number one in my music life. It will take alot for VH to win me back over to be the kind of die hard fan I have always been.
    Up Front Fanatics.......................................... .................................................. .........................................I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

"They had me at fuck off".....Track 5 talking bout Glenn and Seenbad when he first posted at the links!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Excellent post Zadian!! Thought I was going to puke from all the pissin' and moanin' going on out there.

You're right, VH promised nothing and had no obligation every other week to squash rumors. They already claimed in the beginning that rumors were just that, rumors.

I'm not totally convinced of the Dave comment this week but who the fuck cares.

The point is the viciousness of the posts here towards the band. You guys should friggin' be ashamed of yourselves. A lot of so called "fans" on this site will really be eating some crow when this band finally decides they are ready. All of you whiners will then be on the band-wagon saying, "I was behind them every step of the way!" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Pretty sad! I go away from the links for a little while and I come back to this lack of loyalty. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAM2266:
    Pretty sad! I go away from the links for a little while and I come back to this lack of loyalty. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the truth of the matter does turn out to be exactly what it looks like (taking both statements at face value),then it appears that Van Halen is dead. It also means that Mikey lied, and that Eddie told Dweezil to lie for him.

Being loyal to people like that is exactly like a batterred wife staying with the husband who has beaten her twice to the point of hospitilization. And as long as you stick around for more abuse, they will be more than happy to give it to you.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thank you sir may I have another!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

BULLSHIT!

Eddie and Alex have known that they were giving the impression that DLR was back in the fold. If they come out with the lame ass excuse that they never said he was back then they are playing the fans for fools. It's been on television, in all the rock magazines, etc. They knew what impression is out and have never done anything to dispute it. Their silence spoke volumes.

Dave is the publicity magnet that Van Halen needs. VH will never return from the tarnished image that they created with anyone other than Dave. The hall of fame is just a pipedream with singer 4.

Like I stated in another thread I don't support bands that play music I don't like. Classic DLR led VH is the only way that they will ever see my ass pocket money or support ever again. I've been with them through 3 singers and have had enough. It has deteriorated since 1984. I believed DLR was the arrogant sob as VH described him in 1985 then 1996 occured. Let's see not only was DLR a prick but so was Sammy then Dave again. C'mon fool me once as the saying goes. VH3 was the last straw. I will not be a "sheep" as FORD calls it and take whatever crap they produce. They have made a mockery of the fans. If some of you are too blinded to see that then too bad. What kind of bad thing has Dave done to them this time? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I still have a feeling that DLR is in the fold, but have doubts. I will always be a fan of the real Van Halen, Eddie,Alex,Mike, and David Lee Roth no substitutes will be accepted.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KenyonVincent:
    FORD, Ed saying "you might as well go back to being a solo artist" isn't firing him. It's just a suggestion. If he wanted Sammy out, he woulda said 'you're fired!"

He said a lot more in that phone call. I just quoted the most infamous line. The intent of the phone call was to tell Sammy he was fired. Oddly enough, the impression Sammy got from that call was that he had been replaced by none other than David Lee Roth. No mention of Gary Cherone was ever made. Thus, Eddie's pattern of lies began.

And please everyone, just shut the hell up about this. These threads that are full of arguements make me ashamed to be here. I feel like leaving. Most of you are adults, but you're acting like this band is the most important thing in the world! If YOU were famous, how'd you handle this. Maybe Ed and Co. couldn't say anything due to legal matters. You know how the law is: It sucks! Maybe that's not why, but who gives a damn?

Who gives a damn? Looks like a lot of people. I would guess the same 95% of Van Halen fans who didn't buy VDIII.

And as far as Sammy shouldn't sing Dave's songs...an opinion.

An opinion that Sammy apparently shares, just like with use of the name Van Hagar.

Of course they aren't his, but they belong to the band that hired him! Duh!

Have you ever heard Sammy BUTCHER Unchained or RWTD?? There's a very good reason those songs weren't on the regular set list. Not that his versions of Panama or ATBL were any better,the way he rambled on and on about nothing in the middle of them (last night I was thinking about tonight when I should have been thinking about last night... WHAT?? Like that had anything to do with the song?)

And I don't think Dave'd sing Why Can't This Be Love? I personally am glad. I'm tired of hearing the song myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That and You Really Got Me and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love.

YRGM and ATBL would be great to hear again -by Van HALEN. But it wouldn't bother me at all if they skipped Jump and Panama. If Ed skipped Jump he could leave the keyboards at home completely.

Anyway, let's not abandon the band. Let's act like adults here. If you don't like that Ed and Al and Mike are possibly acting like kids, then why are you all doing it? Hypocrisy at it's best. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If these "statements" are being interpreted correctly,then the band is abandoning the fans (again)and THEY are the ones being hypocrites. I sincerely hope that is not the case, but at the moment it does not look good.

Ok, enough from me. This is not to be offensive to anyone. I just hate when people argue with each other over what a band is doing.

Well, since they won't tell us shit, we have to figure it out for ourselves, right?

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 22, 2001 at 11:24 PM: Message edited by: FORD ]
    Eat Us And Smile