Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

.....that my friends is the question....who do you think wants to front van halen more Sam OR Dave....Who really wants it

[ September 09, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: the van baron ]
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

......righhhht.....that my friends is the answer too...Either FUCK'N one of them...they both have alot of nerve calling Ed names

[ September 09, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: the van baron ]
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by the van baron:
    ......righhhht.....that my friends is the answer too...Either FUCK'N one of them...they both have alot of nerve calling Ed names
    Maybe they had a good reason too!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by the van baron:
    .....that my friends is the question....who do you think wants to front van halen more Sam OR Dave....Who really wants it
    Sammy wants it, I think, especially his friendship with Eddie, but Dave needs VH.

This is MY opinion, so don't get offended!

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I think if either of them want it, they should pick up the GD phone and call Ed, especially Sammy if he's so interested in rebuilding a friendship - that should have nothing to do with the band anyway.

It's obvious that Edward has a lot of other issues going on in his life right now and I'm sure after all the years each of these guys have spent with him, they should know that he can be detrimentally stubborn and over-sensitive. These are personality traits that you may or may not ever be able to change about someone, but should try to live with if you're seriously going to have any sort of relationship with them. I'm sure it's the same with Dave's personality and Sammy's too. They all need to lighten up!

I do however, think it was very interesting that someone in another thread posted how Sammy mentioned that Ed's personality had changed from "I don't know, what do you want to do" to "this is what we're going to do", and he cites that as becoming a problem between them. IMO, this backs up Ed's comments about people wanting him to just shut up and play. In Dave's and Sammy's defense, the control factor goes directly back to Ed's drinking problem. When he's drinking, he probably doesn't contribute on the same level than when he's sober and when another member of the band has stepped up in his absence, it's hard to relinquish that control once they're back. I remember reading that this was a major issue between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards once. Keith was messed up with heroin, so the management and direction of the band was taken over by Mick and then after Keith clean himself up, he and Mick fought bitterly over everything. But, when a key member of a band has a decisive opinion about something, that shouldn't be reason to suddenly break up.

In light of everything, I really think that either Dave or Sam needs to eat a little humble pie and pick up the phone. At least from there, they can honestly say that they tried and it's up to Ed.
    Could this be magic?

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sammy needs VH just as much as Dave.

You see Sammy's solo career isn't exactly "On Fire" And that's putting it mildly.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Going on recent comments from both Sammy and Dave I would have to say at this point Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Sam's career 'isn't exactly "On Fire"' then Dave's career must be an arctic wind blowing over pure driven snow.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i think they both want it....but dave needs it more...

[ September 10, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: muffdiver ]

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by z28girl:
    I think if either of them want it, they should pick up the GD phone and call Ed, especially Sammy if he's so interested in rebuilding a friendship - that should have nothing to do with the band anyway.

It's obvious that Edward has a lot of other issues going on in his life right now and I'm sure after all the years each of these guys have spent with him, they should know that he can be detrimentally stubborn and over-sensitive. These are personality traits that you may or may not ever be able to change about someone, but should try to live with if you're seriously going to have any sort of relationship with them. I'm sure it's the same with Dave's personality and Sammy's too. They all need to lighten up!

I do however, think it was very interesting that someone in another thread posted how Sammy mentioned that Ed's personality had changed from "I don't know, what do you want to do" to "this is what we're going to do", and he cites that as becoming a problem between them. IMO, this backs up Ed's comments about people wanting him to just shut up and play. In Dave's and Sammy's defense, the control factor goes directly back to Ed's drinking problem. When he's drinking, he probably doesn't contribute on the same level than when he's sober and when another member of the band has stepped up in his absence, it's hard to relinquish that control once they're back. I remember reading that this was a major issue between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards once. Keith was messed up with heroin, so the management and direction of the band was taken over by Mick and then after Keith clean himself up, he and Mick fought bitterly over everything. But, when a key member of a band has a decisive opinion about something, that shouldn't be reason to suddenly break up.

In light of everything, I really think that either Dave or Sam needs to eat a little humble pie and pick up the phone. At least from there, they can honestly say that they tried and it's up to Ed.
    well said...i agree

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DAVE wants it more. DAVE NEEDS it more. I think Sammy is quite content doing what he's doing though I think he'd like to reunite. It's just that Dave seems to be hanging on others coat tails in order to stay in the spotlight. Dave is washed up. He IS the LIBERACE of the Y2K's. If he'd cut the ACT then MAYBE... But as for the thread I say Dave wants it more. Too bad he pissed away all his chances. Ed didnt blow it for the fans, Dave's big freakin mouth and ego did... PERIOD!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

MICHAEL ANTHONY!!!!!!!
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Iīve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    DAVE wants it more. DAVE NEEDS it more. I think Sammy is quite content doing what he's doing though I think he'd like to reunite. It's just that Dave seems to be hanging on others coat tails in order to stay in the spotlight. Dave is washed up. He IS the LIBERACE of the Y2K's. If he'd cut the ACT then MAYBE... But as for the thread I say Dave wants it more. Too bad he pissed away all his chances. Ed didnt blow it for the fans, Dave's big freakin mouth and ego did... PERIOD!
    I respect your opinion, but I disagree. For one thing, I don't think for a minute that Sammy is content with his solo career. It's funny that for years all we've heard Sammy say is that he's happy being a solo artist, has no desire to ever be in Van Halen again, etc. Now, all of a sudden, he's foaming at the mouth to be back in. Why the change of heart? Was he afraid that Dave would get the call instead of him? Obviously he misses the big crowds, not to mention the money he could make with Van Halen.(can't blame him there) You can say what you want, but Sammy is not packing them in either as a solo artist. Him and Dave played some decent size venues this summer because they were TOGETHER. Will some of these places be interested in booking Sammy by himself in the future? Some of them may, but not all of them. Same thing with Dave. I am a Dave era fan and I'll readily admit that he'll be lucky to be playing at Holiday Inns from now on. IMO, there will be no reunion with Dave or Sammy. I think that Eddie is more sick than we realize, that's why nothing is happening in VH land.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think Sammy wants it bad but i think he tries to play it off like it doesnt matter to him. I think he wants to be the lead singer again really bad. I think Dave really wanted it too but i think since getting back in 96, then again a couple years ago or whatever and on and off, i think he still does but it doesnt matter as much as it did.

I think both of these guys have enough money to live comfortably the reast of their lives on. I dont know abot their money but im guessing, but i guess theres always more to be made.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

I have never seen Sam "foam at the mouth' to be back in VH.

Very LARGE exaggeration.

Sam is content. Music and business.

Dave needs VH. I believe he really wants it bad as well.

[img]smile.gif[/img]