Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

their next one
    Favorite VH Song

dance the night away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH: "Oh, for the first record we went into the studio one day with Ted, and we all just played live and laid down like 40 songs. And out of those 40 we picked nine and wrote one in the studio for the record. So we got plenty of songs. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna get together with Ted on Wednesday and figure out which songs off that tape that we're gonna do for the next one. But we've been writing, and we've got so many more songs since that tape, and we've got like 30 songs left just on that tape. I think we're gonna use just that tape for the next album, because Ted seems pretty sure that he's got some hit action or whatever just out of those songs. A little polish here and there, but the basic ideas are there".

This is from an interview in 78'. Ed is projecting the next album, did that really happen?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

IIRC, yes, to an extent. For example, SBGMAD was part of their original Gene Simmons produced demo. Some songs were still written later (Dance the Night Away, the cover of You're No Good has some parts of a song they played live called Down in Flames in it).

They continued to dig up older songs from their demos straight through to 1984.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."