Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm pretty new to the whole Van Halen scene, but one thing has quickly become apparent to me. Van Halen never fades away, and I'll tell you why. Name the two best (commercially perhaps) Dave albums (Van Halen 1 and 1984). Now, what are generally the two best Sammy albums (5150 and Balance)? Notice a trend? The Beginnings and Endings Rocked the most. Van Halen kicks serious ass coming on the scene with VH1. Before anybody knew that Dave was about to leave Van Halen, DLR and Van Halen created their most commercially succesful album to date - 1984. Then Dave Leaves. Then a couple of years later, Sammy hits the stage with Van Halen and the new album "5150", which instantly hits #1, a new level of VH success, hits like "Why Can't This Be Love?" "Dreams" and "Summer Nights". Then in 1995, just before Sammy left the band, He and VH make the acclaimed "Balance", an instant #1, with hits like "Can't Stop Lovin You", "The Seventh Seal", and "Don't Tell Me", and is beloved by fans. Sammy followed in the footsteps of Roth and bought that same excellent, show-stopping beginning and end to his time in VH. In short, through the many years, Van Halen kicks ass from its peak at the start to its peak at the finish, from one era to the next. And I'll point out one more thing. Two of my all-time favorite VH songs are ME WISE MAGIC and HUMANS BEING, the LAST two songs Dave and Sam did with VH. Just when you think Van Halen has leveled off in success, they blow your mind for one last time. The "Cherone Era" was a mistake. Obviously it was not Van Halen, or it would have blown VH fan's minds (in a good way). Once Van Halen gets the right singer for the job, mark my words the album will make all these years of waiting worth it. Just be patient my friends and remain optimistic, while taking the time to make the best of what today's music has to offer. Take your mind off anticipating the next album and just know that its coming.

Believe.

[ December 04, 2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Chronarius ]
    How do I know when its love?<br />I can't tell you but it lasts forever.<br />How do I know when its love?<br />Its just somethin you feel together.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

1984 and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great Post......I wish we could all think that way. It's just been too long !!
    Some people see a therapist about their fetishes. I turn mine into 50 foot inflatables. DLR

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great Post [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope springs eternal . . .

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah i've noticed that as well.

(Remember this is my opinion)
    DLR's best albums were Van Halen and 1984

Sam's best were 5150 and Balance.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Chronarius:
    I'm pretty new to the whole Van Halen scene, but one thing has quickly become apparent to me. Van Halen never fades away, and I'll tell you why. Name the two best (commercially perhaps) Dave albums (Van Halen 1 and 1984). Now, what are generally the two best Sammy albums (5150 and Balance)? Notice a trend? The Beginnings and Endings Rocked the most. Van Halen kicks serious ass coming on the scene with VH1. Before anybody knew that Dave was about to leave Van Halen, DLR and Van Halen created their most commercially succesful album to date - 1984. Then Dave Leaves. Then a couple of years later, Sammy hits the stage with Van Halen and the new album "5150", which instantly hits #1, a new level of VH success, hits like "Why Can't This Be Love?" "Dreams" and "Summer Nights". Then in 1995, just before Sammy left the band, He and VH make the acclaimed "Balance", an instant #1, with hits like "Can't Stop Lovin You", "The Seventh Seal", and "Don't Tell Me", and is beloved by fans. Sammy followed in the footsteps of Roth and bought that same excellent, show-stopping beginning and end to his time in VH. In short, through the many years, Van Halen kicks ass from its peak at the start to its peak at the finish, from one era to the next. And I'll point out one more thing. Two of my all-time favorite VH songs are ME WISE MAGIC and HUMANS BEING, the LAST two songs Dave and Sam did with VH. Just when you think Van Halen has leveled off in success, they blow your mind for one last time. The "Cherone Era" was a mistake. Obviously it was not Van Halen, or it would have blown VH fan's minds (in a good way). Once Van Halen gets the right singer for the job, mark my words the album will make all these years of waiting worth it. Just be patient my friends and remain optimistic, while taking the time to make the best of what today's music has to offer. Take your mind off anticipating the next album and just know that its coming.

Believe.
    I don't... quite... understand... bash... bash... subliminal???
    Excellent post. Nice to see the positive energy flowing, it's rejuvenating me! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Tie: Fair Warning & F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Chronarius...

GREAT POST! Have you ever considered motivational speaking? It certainly is nice to have a fresh breath of optimism these days -- I am *aching* for something new from VH.
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok here is what is gonna happen. The contract with Danniels (so I have been led to believe) expires sometime in the latter half of 2003. We will then see a statement from Ed on the future of the band and also a release date for VH - best of vol.2.
    The vocals will be either by Sammy or lead singer No.4.
    There is no doubt that VH will play and record again......it's just the details that need to be finalised. Ed doesn't want Ray Danniels to pocket any more money - that is why we are all waiting.

Trust in the power of karma and the musicality of VH!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by kenny5150:
    Ok here is what is gonna happen. The contract with Danniels (so I have been led to believe) expires sometime in the latter half of 2003. We will then see a statement from Ed on the future of the band and also a release date for VH - best of vol.2.
    There is no doubt that VH will play and record again......it's just the details that need to be finalised. Ed doesn't want Ray Danniels to pocket any more money - that is why we are all waiting.

It wouldn't surprise me if the contract with Danniels was the hold up, but you act like you have some inside info. I have to tell you that acting like you have inside info is the wrong thing to do around here. You'll get your ass lit up very quickly for doing that.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by BrownSound5150:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kenny5150:

It wouldn't surprise me if the contract with Danniels was the hold up, but you act like you have some inside info. I have to tell you that acting like you have inside info is the wrong thing to do around here. You'll get your ass lit up very quickly for doing that.</font>[/QUOTE]I got the can of gas and the matches... now where'd that Kenny kid go...? [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just re-read my post and I realized that I left something out. The entire point of that post was this... like I said, Each (true) era of Van Halen always seems to end with a bang, just as it exploded into existance. My point is that.....using my logic..... Van Halen is going to kick all of our asses one more time before disbanding. And when Van Halen final announces that it will be disbanding, all of us Van Halen fans should feel very satisfied. So did the sound of Van Halen's last album kick any of your asses (in a good way)? Do you feel satisfied with the last album VH put out? When VH disbands, the answer will be a big YES to both those questions, but as far as I can tell, not one person on this forum would say yes to either one.

On a final note, this my best advice for coping with the lack of music from VH. And I'll explain with a little anectode.

I'm 17 years old right? A little more than a year ago, I wanted a girlfriend SO bad. I would obsess with making all of the girls at my school know how much of a nice guy I was. I'd go out of my way to open doors for girls and be friends with every girl I laid eyes on. This became very very exhausting fast, and after a few months I decided it just wasn't worth it. My grades had been slipping and I couldn't focus. So I quit my obsession, and just went about my old teen ways. Pretty soon I was feeling better and I starting hanging with my friends again, because I had been shunning them. Then one day (as the very very long story goes), I missed the bus home one day. As I sat in the school office waiting to call my mom, this beautiful girl walked in the room and before I knew it, we were going out. I've been going out with her for almost a year now, and I couldn't be more happy.

A treat to the first person who can explain what that anecdote meant in terms of VH. Not really, but I'd like to see what you think. Now I know its hard not to think about the next van halen album because we can have a forum to discuss it, but there are always other things to talk about, and there are younger VH fans to enlighten. That's why I came here for - to learn more about the band. So lets educate these mofos.

I hope I've inspired some people (and maybe some people who are looking for a girl). And thanks for all the good vibes, I really enjoy being a part of these forums. Thanks again and I hope that cleared a few things up. God Bless You All!
    How do I know when its love?<br />I can't tell you but it lasts forever.<br />How do I know when its love?<br />Its just somethin you feel together.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm all choked up . . .